Server time: 2018-08-17, 20:36

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

DayzRP Official Background (refined edition)

Do you approve of this lore?  

339 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest SmilingBumcheek

Very good read love it! <3

Guest Fuzzy

This looks GREAT! Good job!

I love the Spetsnaz fighting in near Lopatino!

How did you make it look so awesome?

Even though I know most people don't really use this, I absolutely loved reading through it! I do suggest sticky-ing it though, if it's to be considered the official lore :P

As stated in an early post I like this lore, a lot.

Guest neom

What was the reason for the outbreak ?

Who knows? Was it an animal that was the carrier, was it an intentional release by an organization, or maybe even something third or fourth?

Or we may even get to know further along the line, in the form of an event or something, small hints given.

Reason? These things have a reason? :D

Maybe they do if it was intentional. Maybe it was a freak-accident. Maybe it was a naturally occuring virus.

Im not gonna answer all the questions, at least not right away. ;)

Maybe they do if it was intentional. Maybe it was a freak-accident. Maybe it was a naturally occuring virus.

I'm sensing new events like the suitcase one.

Guest neom

Just coz I am building a bio weapons camp that's all over grown and run so I thought maybe we could of worked that into it and said the government were trying to great bio weapons and shit went south and zombies happened haha

Just coz I am building a bio weapons camp that's all over grown and run so I thought maybe we could of worked that into it and said the government were trying to great bio weapons and shit went south and zombies happened haha

There's a "massive" secret plot around how the infection started. So the staff has something in mind there already, im afraid.

Guest neom

There's a "massive" secret plot around how the infection started. So the staff has something in mind there already, im afraid.

Ceaser started it all didn't he fucking knew it well done ceaser it all went to shit coz of you :P

Thread has now replaced the old background(which has been archived) and is now stickied in the roleplaying section.

Figured it was about time, seeing the poll numbers.

Guest Seyyoshi

Aww man this looks amazing. The background is makes sense and is well made! The pictures fit in and give more depth to the story (I think its called Depth my english isnt the best). I love Day 14 with the whole awesome radio transmission speech.

"Brothers and sisters, the world may have ended, but we will not end with it!"

Beast.

Wow. Absolutely breath taking background. I really love it. Just for emersion it does so much that you dont feel like: hey, i just spawned here, let's do things.

Good writing and you also found a good way why there are tanks rotting around.

Love it.

Really really good!

I also like how there are still mysteries. Like how other countries are dealing with the virus compared to Chernarus. It lets people still make up their own background stories.

Guest Sgt. J-P Provost

Wow!

Nice timeline! :D

Really great job with this. Loved everything except for the whole thing about people turning 1 minute after death but thats not a big deal. This should definitely be made official.

Really great job with this. Loved everything except for the whole thing about people turning 1 minute after death but thats not a big deal. This should definitely be made official.

I did a big thinker about the "turn timer". Essentially, the problem I came up to when having a timer of more then 1 minute is that many "victims" would get eaten to the point where they wouldnt be able to effectivly ressurect again. Imagine bitten victims being overwhelmed by zombies and then having said horde of zeds munching on you. Even in one minute there's bound to be quite significant damage. More then one minute and well...

That would limit the zombie numbers quite fiercely(or at least cripple some of them), and for the infection to spread and to be the massive threat(mostly in numbers) that its suppose to be, I gave the ressurection a very short timer.

You can find equilents to such a "timer" in many zombie movies, by the way. A popular example is dawn of the dead, where I think the timer is actually under one minute.

Boo! I'm back from the dead! I'm not currently actively playing DayZ, but it's nice to see that there's an official thread right now. Did you get inspired from my good ol' History Book?

Sign in to follow this