Server time: 2019-05-26, 20:01
Sign in to follow this  
Mikoyan Rykov

Question about vehicles...

I found one vehicle in the midle of Berezino, repaired it and start to drive thorugh the map. After some time me and my friend decided to hide the vehicle and we choose a place in the midle of nowhere, almost impossible to someone find it. We've already an ATV and we drop the vehicle there and start to loot with our ATV. The ATV flipped out after a bug when we passed a bridge near berezino and we've to go back to the other vehicle to be able to move faster. We got at the place where we left the vehicle but it was no there anymore. Is this a bug or something like that? During our walk to go back to the vehicle the server was also reseted, this can be the reason for the missing vehicle? I think that is almost impossible to someone find this vehicle because we managed to lock him between some trees and rock and we put a wire fence to prevent robbery in the area.

Can you guys help me?

It is possible to of had happened, though unlikely in my opinion. The server gets packed with hundreds of players a day, they travel all across the map and its very likely that one of these players stumbled across your vehicle and took it. No vehicle can ever be 100% safe, especially with the choppers active again.

You maybe forgot to save the vehicle

I believe they save automatically now once you leave the vehicle. Or so that is what I have heard. Though it still doesn't stop me from spamming save (Vehicle).

You maybe forgot to save the vehicle

I believe they save automatically now once you leave the vehicle. Or so that is what I have heard. Though it still doesn't stop me from spamming save (Vehicle).

They seem to, I got kicked when the server crashed yesterday due to the DDoS while driving my UAZ south of the airfield in the middle of a field, I returned about 25 hours later with the vehicle perfectly intact after 2 restarts and a server crash. 1.7.3, what a lifesaver you are.

These servers have a very high traffic of players. And thus, vehicles tend to get stolen very often, no matter where you put them. I dont know for how long you guys were out driving with your ATV, but I'd bet my money on it being stolen. Especielly now with choppers being back again, vehicle-hunters have it easy. And many hiding spots that look "amazing" are the first places these vehicle-hunters check, because some of them know the map very well.

Also, the wire-fence does not really work against human players. If they got a toolbox they'll just take it down, or find ways to navigate around it. And if you're trying to hide stuff, its probably working against its purpose.

All this being said, there is a slim chance the vehicle vanished at restart(its alpha, it happens) but it hasnt happened to me personally for months, with the exception of donation vehicles, which there has been problems with from time to time.

If you think it is a great hiding place, then it is highly likely people will check there.

Great hiding places= greater chance of finding stuff so people tend to spend their time looking for them.

I put the UAZ locked in a tree, there was only one way to maneuver it out of place otherwise you would get stuck on the slope. It was on the north side of the river above Oshla and it was not possible to see him from above (chopper). Well, I think I've to hide it better nex time :), probably a player or a group of them found it.

I lost the ATV after crossing a bridge due to a bug that ended on my ATV flying in the sky and them landing in the middle of 10 zombies with me and my friend in the back seat. Luckly We didn't die from the fall but We lost the ATV and spent almost 20 minutes trying to recover the gear on it, with all the zombies around it.

Thanks guys!

On these servers you gotta think different then on public hive, public hive = all cars can be found at the west or north forest, or above the river Guba. Common places like these will make the car be gone in less then 2 hours. You're better off parking it in low populated city or something! :)

I parked a full repaired Skoda in the middle of Sosnovka and returned two days later to still find it there, so maybe small villages are the way to go.

Guest Reverend Maynard

I lost 3 vehicles on a different server the other day. Totally thought I hid them in great places. Well... ok... one I lost when I drove into Vybor, jumped out, was looting a building and someone stole it. The other two though I hid really well but people found them.

In fact just to show how people find these well hidden vehicles I can share how I found one. I was looking for a good place to stash my SUV full of loot. While driving around in a wooded area I BARELY notice the rear of a camo UAZ shoved into some big pine trees! You couldn't see it from the air or from a distance. You had to be at just the right angle in the woods really close by. Totally by chance I happened to be driving by it. I'm sure that dude thought "Oh man I totally hid it well! Nobody will find this!" He must have had it for a while too because it had badass guns, two jerry cans, a bunch of ammo for good weapons, and lots of medical supplies.

So I hid my SUV, ran back, and stole the UAZ. Hid it miles away in what I thought was an awesome spot. Did a similar method; shoved it in a grouping of pine trees so you couldn't see it well.

Logged in the next day and of course... it was gone. Ran over to where my SUV was... gone.

Back to a lowly running scrub!

It's not hard to run through the woods and keep your eyes open for light reflections or suspicious shapes.

If people are actively looking for vehicles they'll run up to every suspicious group of pine trees, they'll check out every valley, they'll zoom in and out from higher positions to scan large woods.

And if you hid it really well somebody will stumble across it by coincidence and drive off.

Vehicles in DayZ are property of the community, don't delude yourself by thinking you're the rightful owner for more than one day :P

I may be wrong, but there has been word of Vehicles disappearing when they are hidden "within" (maybe too close) to an object during restart.

By "within" an object, I mean it is similar to when you vault an object yet break your leg because your character is standing inside an object. This may affect the vehicles. Unsure whether it has actually been fixed tho.