Server time: 2018-08-15, 18:31 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

Ask the Loremasters about RP and lore stuff!

Regarding the lore reset for SA...

Let's say that when "DayZRP SA" is "released", the lore starts at 2-3 weeks into the infection. At that moment it will make sense with the loot and whatnot.

But now the question. Are you (or rather staff) planning to make the world dynamic? What I'd absolutely love is if the amount and types of loot (and the world in general, as much as that is possible) could change over the weeks, months and years. I understand you'll never be able to explain why there are still canned foods lying around supermarkets, but to some extent a more dynamic world (loot) would be really interesting.

Maybe you could even spawn in a stash with a fuckton of food somewhere, and pretend ICly it was someone's stash that has never been discovered. Stuff like this is already possible btw so this is also a tip for the current admins. :P

I can imagine the likely hood of changing loot spawning and that is very low, so I wouldn't think about that (I'd love that too to simulate the different months and that).

Also whats the lore of your new green name? :troll:

Regarding the lore reset for SA...

Let's say that when "DayZRP SA" is "released", the lore starts at 2-3 weeks into the infection. At that moment it will make sense with the loot and whatnot.

But now the question. Are you (or rather staff) planning to make the world dynamic? What I'd absolutely love is if the amount and types of loot (and the world in general, as much as that is possible) could change over the weeks, months and years. I understand you'll never be able to explain why there are still canned foods lying around supermarkets, but to some extent a more dynamic world (loot) would be really interesting.

Maybe you could even spawn in a stash with a fuckton of food somewhere, and pretend ICly it was someone's stash that has never been discovered. Stuff like this is already possible btw so this is also a tip for the current admins. :P

Trust me, I would -absolutly love this-. It would make all sorts of sense and SA would be the perfect opportunity to do it. Generally I want to make as many things as possible dynamic, and the loot is definetly one part of it.

But I've suggested it to Rolle before and it never met with much approval.

Something like this is a bit "above me" as its not a lore matter. It requires Rolle's specific approval and seeing the history, im not entirely sure how easy that'll be. But maybe he'll surprise me. I certainly hope so at least. :)

h8eQLwG.png

Tomeran, is this how you make a proper RP fire!?

h8eQLwG.png

Tomeran, is this how you make a proper RP fire!?

Is that a...rubber tire?

SDS isnt big on enviromentalism I take it? :D

Hey there.. I would like to know if any large worldwide religius organizations still exist after the infection.. and if any, wich ones..

Hey there.. I would like to know if any large worldwide religius organizations still exist after the infection.. and if any, wich ones..

Well the world is largely in turmoil(its an apocalypse after all), so its safe to say none of the religious organisations exist in the same way or extent that they used to. But the religions themselves and their ideals all still exist, more or less. Religions, especielly the main ones with hundreds of millions of followers, dont fade that easily.

Guest MARTiN

Rolle has 1337 in his PiD, how do i RP that out?

OT, During a robbery, when you are sure that the person(s) you are robbing are part of a group, would it be good to make them look into a wall or the ground and tell them that they cant move their head, (give them warnings etc about that) that would be like limiting their vision so they cant spoil any positions or something like that.

Rolle has 1337 in his PiD, how do i RP that out?

[/Quote]

1337 is the holy number foretold in the great prophecy, foretelling the return of the great one.

Also, Rolle is god. So that might be why its in his PID.

OT, During a robbery, when you are sure that the person(s) you are robbing are part of a group, would it be good to make them look into a wall or the ground and tell them that they cant move their head, (give them warnings etc about that) that would be like limiting their vision so they cant spoil any positions or something like that.

Im not sure I see the point if you've already taken their radios. You could just as easily roleplay putting a sack over their heads but even then if they dont have radios, they shouldnt be able to call for help in the first place.

If this is done to prevent potential metagaming then that would be subject for a separate metagaming report, if such a situation arises.

All in all, the situation you describe sounds a little dull for the victims. Rule-wise I suppose it could -technicly- be okay, but it doesnt sound like mutually entertaining roleplay.

So I was just thinking, where would the closest UN peacekeeper mission to Chernarus be? Were they deployed somewhere in Chernarus, or is the closest one Takistan?

What is the biz behind Green Mountain? ? Is it purely a military installation? If it is or isn't .. could it be something else? Psychotropic emissions/radiation? Does it have anything to do with the infection. ... besides the incident that started the infection with the hunter being bitten in the surrounding forests of Green Mountain?

So I was just thinking, where would the closest UN peacekeeper mission to Chernarus be? Were they deployed somewhere in Chernarus, or is the closest one Takistan?

There wasnt any UN peacekeepers deployed to Chernarus or Takistan. Instead when the outbreak happened the first response was an international task force of countries willing to step in to try and prevent the "unrest" from getting out of control. They failed.

There wasnt any UN peacekeepers in Takistan either, as it was pretty much an Afghanistan-situation on a smaller scale.

All in all, the UN has had a very reduced role in fighting the infection at the local Chernarus area. However there was word of a UN base in the southern Russian city of Rostov-af-don(or something like that) that was suppose to help local survivors and refugees, but that base turned out to be destroyed.

The UN fate is largely unknown, but seeing the state of the rest of the world and how quickly each country would turn to try and protect their own borders, there's likely not much left of them.

In Standalone, I intend to have the Un play a much bigger role then they have in the mod. There'll even be a UN staff faction following the immidiate (proper) release of dayzRP SA.

What is the biz behind Green Mountain? ? Is it purely a military installation? If it is or isn't .. could it be something else? Psychotropic emissions/radiation? Does it have anything to do with the infection. ... besides the incident that started the infection with the hunter being bitten in the surrounding forests of Green Mountain?

Im not gonna answer that. ;)

Some things man arent meant to know!

On a serious note, its a bit of a secret. There's a hundred theories and a hundred opinions on what it could be and that's sort of how I like to keep it for now. A time may come when clearer answers are provided for the "secrets of the mountain", but that's not gonna be anytime soon and probably only when we have a rough ETA of the dayzRP SA reboot.

There wasnt any UN peacekeepers deployed to Chernarus or Takistan. Instead when the outbreak happened the first response was an international task force of countries willing to step in to try and prevent the "unrest" from getting out of control. They failed.

There wasnt any UN peacekeepers in Takistan either, as it was pretty much an Afghanistan-situation on a smaller scale.

All in all, the UN has had a very reduced role in fighting the infection at the local Chernarus area. However there was word of a UN base in the southern Russian city of Rostov-af-don(or something like that) that was suppose to help local survivors and refugees, but that base turned out to be destroyed.

The UN fate is largely unknown, but seeing the state of the rest of the world and how quickly each country would turn to try and protect their own borders, there's likely not much left of them.

In Standalone, I intend to have the Un play a much bigger role then they have in the mod. There'll even be a UN staff faction following the immidiate (proper) release of dayzRP SA.

According to the Arma 2 lore there was a UN peacekeeping mission in Takistan, so I thought that there would have been one here too.

According to the Arma 2 lore there was a UN peacekeeping mission in Takistan, so I thought that there would have been one here too.

Well dayzRP lore follows arma2 lore, but its important to remember that the infection started in July 2012. The invasion of takistan(which was not done by UN forces as far as im aware) was done in June 2012. So it had -just- finished and the american troops were just settling in before things went to shite.

Also, -technicly- the american garrison on Utes could at one point have been considered UN peacekeepers since the american intervention forces in Chernarus acted on UN mandate. But that was a long time ago and I doubt even the americans themselves considered themselves such. They certainly didnt walk around with blue UN helmets. :D

Tomeran, I'm not sure what backstory I should put for my character. Should I put how a CIA man went to Chernarus to get a scientist and got stuck somehow. Or how a person killed an infected and was found guilty when there was still order in Chernarus, and escaped on the day things went to hell. Which backstory sounds more lore friendly?

Tomeran, I'm not sure what backstory I should put for my character. Should I put how a CIA man went to Chernarus to get a scientist and got stuck somehow. Or how a person killed an infected and was found guilty when there was still order, and escaped on the day things went to hell. Which backstory sounds more lore friendly?

The later sounds more interesting imo, depending a little on how you spin it.

Maybe he killed what he thought was an infected, or maybe someone that was just really really sick and he killed him/her because he feared for his own safety when he/she would turn. There's a possibility for a good story there.

Better then the CIA one at least imo. Been a bit overdone at this point im afraid. :D

Do you think DayzRP will ever have another "universe" AKA another map to play on? (Just curious not complaining about Chenarus) :)

Alternative maps? Sure. We try them once in a while. Most recent one was Napf. Made a separate background for that island and everything.

We'll probably try another one eventually, but truth be told most of them end up the same way: Abandoned after a couple of days. People try them, people get bored, people go back to Chernarus where everyone else is hanging around.

Its almost funny, on a social-experiment kind of level. Because there are A LOT of people bored of Chernarus. But its where everyone keeps coming back to regardless.

On a serious note, its a bit of a secret. There's a hundred theories and a hundred opinions on what it could be and that's sort of how I like to keep it for now. A time may come when clearer answers are provided for the "secrets of the mountain", but that's not gonna be anytime soon and probably only when we have a rough ETA of the dayzRP SA reboot.

Out of curiosity, (talking about the "secrets of the mountain" and all) are any of these "secrets" present ingame now or little clues just waiting to be discovered, or, for obvious reasons, are they not present yet?

Do you think DayzRP will ever have another "universe" AKA another map to play on? (Just curious not complaining about Chenarus) :)

Alternative maps? Sure. We try them once in a while. Most recent one was Napf. Made a separate background for that island and everything.

We'll probably try another one eventually, but truth be told most of them end up the same way: Abandoned after a couple of days. People try them, people get bored, people go back to Chernarus where everyone else is hanging around.

Its almost funny, on a social-experiment kind of level. Because there are A LOT of people bored of Chernarus. But its where everyone keeps coming back to regardless.

Alright Thanks

Out of curiosity, (talking about the "secrets of the mountain" and all) are any of these "secrets" present ingame now or little clues just waiting to be discovered, or, for obvious reasons, are they not present yet?

Most are not present in game. But there may be one that people can "discover", sort of.

Also, whenever we have transmission events there's a change for people to learn a few secrets, or at least clues to secrets.

Tomeran, I have sent you a question via PM, as I do not want to drag attention to the subject.

I realize you must get a gazillion PMs every day, and I hope you will eventually get around to it.

Tomeran, I have sent you a question via PM, as I do not want to drag attention to the subject.

I realize you must get a gazillion PMs every day, and I hope you will eventually get around to it.

dont worry, I will. Been busy trying to keep my computer from collapsing and responding to group ideas lately.

I have a question do we have any lore reason why the infected dont attack animals?

(i realise its because of the limitations of the game) would be nice to have a reason to talk about IC though

Tomeran, Will DayZ Standalone follow Arma 2 lore? Or will you be rewriting a whole new backstory for it? I personally hope that you can make one. Or maybe add a new arma 2 ending of a campaign.

I have a question do we have any lore reason why the infected dont attack animals?

(i realise its because of the limitations of the game) would be nice to have a reason to talk about IC though

Normally they would attack animals. Any meat is as good as the other.

But since the "AI" involved is highly limited it is, as you say, limitations of the game.

That and I can imagine most animals are smart enough to stay out of human cities. That usually applies on normal circumstances and certainly when the humans are trying to eat you where you stand. Not as "discreet" as taking them to the butchers.

Exception may apply to cows. Cows are stupid. :D

Tomeran, Will DayZ Standalone follow Arma 2 lore? Or will you be rewriting a whole new backstory for it? I personally hope that you can make one. Or maybe add a new arma 2 ending of a campaign.

Im still working on this bit.

The most likely outcome is that since DayZ standalone is still in Chernarus, it is still tied to Arma2 and therefore still tied to the arma2 lore. I may end up doing a fair few things differently compared to our current lore, but at this point I cant really tell much about it.

Sign in to follow this