Server time: 2017-08-23, 21:37

Sign in to follow this  
Ego

Ego's guide for newcomers

Ego    1

Egos guide to the galaxy..I uh...guide to DayZ RP

Hello minions of DayZ RP, this is a "guide" for everyone new to the server, and maybe act as a reminder to current players. I feel this is necessary because at the moment there are quite a few issues I want to tackle before the new tidal wave of new comers join the community.

1. Formal reports and report discussions

Okay, firstly I want to make it very clear, if there is a formal report and you are not involved do not talk in it, you have no say (Im putting it bluntly). Then with report discussions, you are allowed to discuss the topic, even if you were involved, this is because well...its a discussion (as long as you keep the conversation on track).

Secondly, never create a formal report of report discussion because you're upset with what happened. Only ever make it once the opposite party has actually broken the rules in some fashion, for example, they killed on sight. You may also make it for common sense sake, for example, the opposite party has roleplayed pretty poorly and you are dis-satisfied with your experience, this should be taken to report discussion, (always record footage of what is happening, always).

2. How to act on the forums

First of all, never flame. Now, everybody rages from now and then, but try to keep it off the forums. I have been punished for flaming before, and I can imagine a whole lot of other players have been too, everyone does it now and again. However staff will notice if you are constantly flaming, and we, the staff will not tolerate it.

Secondly, for example on clan forums, when talking out of character, type with a // infront of the post, this will show other players you will be talking out of character. Make sure what you say on the forums is logical and actually has reason. For example, congratulating the clan for some good RP you may of had with them, welcoming a new clan and giving them feedback on their thread (constructive criticism).

3. Roleplaying

This should not take much explaining and if it does...get out. Always roleplay to the best of your ability. Some people tend to roleplay in hostile manners, some people tend to roleplay as a friend sent from god himself, as long as you roleplay, you will be accepted into the community (I would advise roleplay in a more friendly fashion, we have too much hostility atm for my liking).

I dont see what else to say in this section. Just roleplay, its a great thing to do, and you will always love it.

4. Search button

Use it.

5. Trolling

We do not accept trolling, and we stamp down hard on it. We are sick of seeing it, and we will not accept people trolling, especially in camps. People have been banned for trolling, we the staff do not accept it, neither does the community. If you see somebody trolling, record it, put it on the forums under report discussion and wait for a response from the community.

6. Suggestions

We absolutely love people suggesting ideas for DayZ RP, this can be anything from suggesting a new mod pack full of weapons to suggesting an event you think will be cool for us. Tomeran, a member of staff is known for making absolutely brilliant events, find him on the forums and look at some of his work.

People make suggestions all the time, and we love you for it! Keep it up guys, its what makes our community so good. Please dont suggest base building though...we've heard a lot of that. If you would like to build a camp, create it in editor, then create a good looking post on it. You will need multiple clans to maintain the camp and keep it running. This IS a requirement, and if you do not have at least three clans, the camp will not be built.

7. In-game

It is currently quite hard to loot at the moment, considering what it used to be. We are using the most up to date version of vanilla DayZ (With our own customization's). The current version of vanilla is hard to loot, which I consider a good thing, also yes the zombies are hard and do pack a punch, they're also quite glitchy (whats new). We dont plan on changing the loot cyles (too much), please try not to complain too much on the forums about the loot cycles etc, man up!

Some people are hostile, others are kind. If you keep meeting hostiles players, well then...that sucks. However even in hostile acts great roleplay can appear, remember, report bad behavior, like I stated above). Dont become too attached to your gear, if someone robs you, dont turn around and try to shoot just to save some sniper. You wouldn't do it IRL, dont do it now. If you die, do not go back to where you died, this is NLR, and you will be punished if caught.

8. Applications

Applications are currently being handled in priority order. Donating will not grant you access, it will only get your application reviewed sooner.

We at

logo.png

Wish you a good day, and remember...don't get too attached to your gear. (If you feel any other points should be added to the guide, comment below and i'll see what I can do).

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Ego for CH! oh...

Nice guide, good job on pointing out the harder to find out rules like posting in Formal Reports. Could have done with this back in May.

Proxzor    3

Ego for CH! oh...

Nice guide, good job on pointing out the harder to find out rules like posting in Formal Reports. Could have done with this back in May.

I agree lets demote him again, he is a better CH :D

This is an awesome guide Ego, im going to abuse my powers and poof, stickied!

This is going to be very helpful for the people that are just joining in....

*Coughcough ImmortalHD coughcough*

I have a feeling he's bringing in the right crowd though! :D

Unlike some people that was doing a lot of Banditry....

J0kk3    0

Nice writeup. but if this is for our newest members might wanna point them to this

Q: How long does it take to have my whitelist reviewed?

A: Due to a huge number of applications and limited amount of resources we are currently almost exclusively handling applications from a "priority queue". This queue includes applications that meet our certain criteria as well as applications from donors. Because of that, applications that are not in this queue can take a very long time to be reviewed. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

part of the FAQ as there seems to be some.. err.. confusion going around.

Ego    1

Nice writeup. but if this is for our newest members might wanna point them to this

Q: How long does it take to have my whitelist reviewed?

A: Due to a huge number of applications and limited amount of resources we are currently almost exclusively handling applications from a "priority queue". This queue includes applications that meet our certain criteria as well as applications from donors. Because of that, applications that are not in this queue can take a very long time to be reviewed. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

part of the FAQ as there seems to be some.. err.. confusion going around.

Noted, i've added a part on about applications.

cazr    0

4. Search button

Use it.

This ^^

Good thread though, I'm sure the new guys will find this helpful :)

Sir Doctor    3

4. Search button

Use it.

This ^^

That ^^

Ego    1

4. Search button

Use it.

This ^^

That ^^

I thought a lot of people would appreciate it. :D

Guest Diviar   
Guest Diviar

It is a very nice guide and I wonder if it can be linked or added where new players can see it in a better position?

Clintbet    0

4. Search button

Use it.

This ^^

+1

This has proved to be much more of an issue now when DayZRP has grown large.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

This is great for the newcomers! Good job Ego.

Made at the right time too as all the new members from Immortal are pouring in!

Ego    1

This is great for the newcomers! Good job Ego.

Made at the right time too as all the new members from Immortal are pouring in!

Thats why I made it! :D

Sign in to follow this