Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:24

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darshivo

Why must I say "or you will be shot"

Guest Darshivo   
Guest Darshivo

The other day I was near the FM camp interrogating a man with my clan memebers; frankly I found that we were RP'ing the situation quite well... Until some random guy with an RPK comes to investigate.

Me and one of my clan members meet up with the random guy. We start pointing our guns at him telling him to leave the area because we have business to take care of; we repeat this 5 times and he just ignores us because we hadn't said the magical words... "Or you will be shot"

Finally we tell him to leave the area, don't look back towards us or he will be shot; he waits for a good 10 seconds then FINALLY complies... Why the hell do people abuse the rules THAT MUCH and not just get the hell out of there without having to be threatened!?

Burgz    6

Because, in most situations, the words "or you will be shot" let the person know if they can resist without risking their life, if I'm driving my car, and someone says "stop the car!" I'm gonna carry on driving (unless I wanna help him) If he says, "or I'll shoot" I'm going to stop the car if not I will die

John Shadow    0

He know it's just a game and don't care about life, and if you shot him he can report you for KOS. But it's very bad RP

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

He know it's just a game and don't care about life, and if you shot him he can report you for KOS. But it's very bad RP

Pretty much this, IMO you shouldn't have to say that you will kill the person, should just be do as we say or risk something. If your told to leave and don't then your not complying ergo, bang bang. That should be the rule.

Guest Darshivo   
Guest Darshivo

Because, in most situations, the words "or you will be shot" let the person know if they can resist without risking their life, if I'm driving my car, and someone says "stop the car!" I'm gonna carry on driving (unless I wanna help him) If he says, "or I'll shoot" I'm going to stop the car if not I will die

If I yell at someone 5 times to leave the area they have no business here... I'm pretty sure even the slowest of them all could figure out that I am being hostile towards them :/

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

If I yell at someone 5 times to leave the area they have no business here... I'm pretty sure even the slowest of them all could figure out that I am being hostile towards them :/

They know your being hostile but the trolls and fail-roleplayers like to abuse it to the shithouse. In other words as it stands you basically have to spell it out that " I will shoot you if you do not leave, I will pull the trigger on this gun in my hand and a bullet hit you" even then they would probably act like "oh but dat kos i does nuthing rong" then you shoot him and say you didn't spell properly you die.

Burgz    6

if someone was to tell you to leave somewhere that they didn't own IRL, you'd be like WTF dude, don't tell me what to do, he then threatens you...you're probably going to leave

Undead    236

Honestly it happens all the time and it's more ruleplaying than roleplaying. They can report you for kos if you didn't say or I will shoot, however most of the time it's quite obvious that you are going to hurt them if your demands are not met. I.e i'm pointing a gun at the windshield of your car standing directly in front of it saying get the fuck out right now.

This is also used for legal baiting which is also ruleplay over roleplay. Example I have a friend and we get into someone's car at a settlement. If the person who owns the car says get out now or i'll kill you my friend/clan member and myself both have kos rights on the person.

This has been abused multiple times but honestly there will always be loopholes and it's best that the or I will shoot stays until someone suggests something better.

Also the "I will shoot" part adds a definite state at which you know you are entering a situation in which you they have KOS rights on you. Once you say "or I will shoot" you now give that person and their clan mates KOS rights on you. If the "I will shoot" rule was not there, many more reports will be opened getting angry about what point KOS rights begin.

Example being if someone points their gun at the car you jumped in and asks you to get out now and then your teamate on the hill shoots that person, there would likely be a report discussion opened.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

Honestly it happens all the time and it's more ruleplaying than roleplaying. They can report you for kos if you didn't say or I will shoot, however most of the time it's quite obvious that you are going to hurt them if your demands are not met. I.e i'm pointing a gun at the windshield of your car standing directly in front of it saying get the fuck out right now.

This is also used for legal baiting which is also ruleplay over roleplay. Example I have a friend and we get into someone's car at a settlement. If the person who owns the car says get out now or i'll kill you my friend/clan member and myself both have kos rights on the person.

This has been abused multiple times but honestly there will always be loopholes and it's best that the or I will shoot stays until someone suggests something better.

Also the "I will shoot" part adds a definite state at which you know you are entering a situation in which you they have KOS rights on you. Once you say "or I will shoot" you now give that person and their clan mates KOS rights on you. If the "I will shoot" rule was not there, many more reports will be opened getting angry about what point KOS rights begin.

Example being if someone points their gun at the car you jumped in and asks you to get out now and then your teamate on the hill shoots that person, there would likely be a report discussion opened.

So lets change the rule and just make it that if you don't comply they have KOS rights which means if you fail to do what is asked 'and no asking stupid trolling commands doesn't count' then you will be shot if they so choose to do so. Example *your at a camp and some guy rocks up out of no-where and sais right everyone drop your shit, do not stand up until instructed to do so* now if you stand up you are failing to comply ergo he can shoot you. The only people who will cry about it are the trolls who 'I dun wanna lose all mah stuffs'

The Clown    1

It wasn't always like that.. good old times. I think it's really annoying but I guess it makes it easier to handle reports. Otherwise people always can bitch about how they were not hostile or it wasn't clear enough and so on.

Guest Darshivo   
Guest Darshivo

if someone was to tell you to leave somewhere that they didn't own IRL, you'd be like WTF dude, don't tell me what to do, he then threatens you...you're probably going to leave

Ok let's talk "IRL" for a second

You're telling me that if 2-3 people are pointing guns at you and are telling you to get the fuck away from this area you will have the nerve to question why they are doing this? I'd hope not 0_o... The fact that they are pointing guns at you seems like enough of a threat to me

Burgz    6

You're telling me that if 2-3 people are pointing guns at you and are telling you to get the fuck away from this area you will have the nerve to question why they are doing this? I'd hope not 0_o

Bearing in mind, half of the community are bad asses from the Navy Seals and such...yes I would question that

Guest Darshivo   
Guest Darshivo

You my son live in a false reality.

Undead    236

So lets change the rule and just make it that if you don't comply they have KOS rights which means if you fail to do what is asked 'and no asking stupid trolling commands doesn't count' then you will be shot if they so choose to do so. Example *your at a camp and some guy rocks up out of no-where and sais right everyone drop your shit, do not stand up until instructed to do so* now if you stand up you are failing to comply ergo he can shoot you. The only people who will cry about it are the trolls who 'I dun wanna lose all mah stuffs'

"So lets change the rule and just make it that if you don't comply they have KOS rights which means if you fail to do what is asked 'and no asking stupid trolling commands doesn't count' then you will be shot if they so choose to do so"

Right heres the problem I see with this. This rule is pretty much already there in a way. If you don't comply you will be killed. The thing is you have to make that quite clear. There is a huge difference between

"Everyone get on the ground"

"Everyone get on the ground now or you will be shot"

Now I understand that it can be annoying to have to remember to say that they will be shot but it must be done. I mean what if you said

"Everyone get on the ground" and then I shoot you in the face. Or if someone walks up to the side of a car that someone got in and asks them to get out

"Please get out of the car now" Boom they get shot from their friend.

There needs to be a definitive point that can be seen when KOS rights are gained from both parties. I'll write out a scenario here.

Party 1: Civilian at the nest has an suv

Party 2: Group of 2 clan members, one at the nest and one on a hill with a sniper overlooking the nest

Party 2: Clan member at the nest jumps into the car

Party 1: Asks the clan member to get out of the car or he will be shot, you have 10 seconds

--------------------------------------------

Now here is when it is defined. Party 2 player at the nest and on the hill now gain KOS rights on the aggressor(party 1).

Party 1 does not have KOS rights until Party 2 either threatens him back, denies his request verbally, or does not get out of the car in the allotted time.

This can be seen as unfair because party 2 has a huge opportunity to attack party 1 before he can do anything however this is the way the server works. If you say those words you are committing yourself to a possible KOS situation. You must be aware of everything around you before saying that phrase. Saying "or I will shoot" has to be a last resort.

Guest Hyperfury   
Guest Hyperfury

You're telling me that if 2-3 people are pointing guns at you and are telling you to get the fuck away from this area you will have the nerve to question why they are doing this? I'd hope not 0_o

Bearing in mind, half of the community are bad asses from the Navy Seals and such...yes I would question that

Yer I hardly ever find a local farmer these days haha

"So lets change the rule and just make it that if you don't comply they have KOS rights which means if you fail to do what is asked 'and no asking stupid trolling commands doesn't count' then you will be shot if they so choose to do so"

Right heres the problem I see with this. This rule is pretty much already there in a way. If you don't comply you will be killed. The thing is you have to make that quite clear. There is a huge difference between

"Everyone get on the ground"

"Everyone get on the ground now or you will be shot"

Now I understand that it can be annoying to have to remember to say that they will be shot but it must be done. I mean what if you said

"Everyone get on the ground" and then I shoot you in the face. Or if someone walks up to the side of a car that someone got in and asks them to get out

"Please get out of the car now" Boom they get shot from their friend.

There needs to be a definitive point that can be seen when KOS rights are gained from both parties. I'll write out a scenario here.

Party 1: Civilian at the nest has an suv

Party 2: Group of 2 clan members, one at the nest and one on a hill with a sniper overlooking the nest

Party 2: Clan member at the nest jumps into the car

Party 1: Asks the clan member to get out of the car or he will be shot, you have 10 seconds

--------------------------------------------

Now here is when it is defined. Party 2 player at the nest and on the hill now gain KOS rights on the aggressor(party 1).

Party 1 does not have KOS rights until Party 2 either threatens him back, denies his request verbally, or does not get out of the car in the allotted time.

This can be seen as unfair because party 2 has a huge opportunity to attack party 1 before he can do anything however this is the way the server works. If you say those words you are committing yourself to a possible KOS situation. You must be aware of everything around you before saying that phrase. Saying "or I will shoot" has to be a last resort.

I see what you mean but like you stated in that last sentence it's unfair because party 2 can attack party 1 just like that. But what if we instead having to say 'or ill shoot' we just had to say 'you have *whatever* seconds to do it' this means you could say that party 2 is in the car, then party 1 sais you have 10 seconds to get out of the car. Now anyone and i mean anyone at all would know well in 10 seconds something will happen will it be hostile or not. most of the time it would probably be hostile but that still remains that party 2 can't shoot him because his intentions are not yet clear as to if they are in danger. after 10 seconds he could say right you will be taken with force at this time party 1 knows that party 2 is not going to comply, they can then get into a decent position to initiate a hostile intention.

I know there is some flaw in this but I think it could work if its ironed out a bit.

Burgz    6

False reality? I beg to differ, these men's backgrounds could have been riddled with torture

Guest Darshivo   
Guest Darshivo

False reality? I beg to differ, these men's backgrounds could have been riddled with torture

So if in the past they had been tortured... When people are pointing guns at them and yelling for them to leave the area for some reason they are unable to use their personal judgement and sense that the group he is looking at is being hostile? It's not like everyone is friendly until they say the magical words..

Burgz    6

Then he thinks to himself, IMA MOTHER-FUCKING MARINE I AIN'T LISTENING TO NO TERRORISTS WITH GUNS, when they say he will be shot he realizes this is how far he will go, tbqh in IRL someone isn't just going to shoot you for being there, he'd want to push his boundaries as much as possible, up to the point that he might actually be shot

It's situation unique.

The rule is just to make it crystalclear that your intent is hostile.

But if the situation is recording and it shows you are veeery clear its hostile i would call it bad RPing from this guy...

The other day I was near the FM camp interrogating a man with my clan memebers; frankly I found that we were RP'ing the situation quite well... Until some random guy with an RPK comes to investigate.

Me and one of my clan members meet up with the random guy. We start pointing our guns at him telling him to leave the area because we have business to take care of; we repeat this 5 times and he just ignores us because we hadn't said the magical words... "Or you will be shot"

Finally we tell him to leave the area, don't look back towards us or he will be shot; he waits for a good 10 seconds then FINALLY complies... Why the hell do people abuse the rules THAT MUCH and not just get the hell out of there without having to be threatened!?

Perhaps if you would of been a bit nicer and talked to him he would of complied.m when you go up waving weapons around it tends to rub people the wrong way. If you would of identified yourself and explained the situation he would of left before you had to threaten his life. If people were more personable instead of just screaming get the F out of here more people would listen.