Server time: 2017-10-17, 22:23
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
John Shadow

Suggestion for predetermined opinions

John Shadow    0

Most of the newcomers discoverd Dayzrp through famous Youtubers or other medias. And too often these "fanboy" have predetermined felings toward other player and clans just because the content creator have it. I suggest posting somewhere like in rules something like

"When you join have so neutral felings about everyone. Deterimend your opinions ingame"

But you can always rolepaly and predetermined opinios like:

You rolepaly as an american and he don't like russian. He meets a russian and are very unfriendly to him, in a rolepay way.

I think this may clear up hatred towards clans for no good reason and may improve the roleplay quality.

What do you think?

Burgz    6

I don't think this could be implemented as people could just pretend they have certain feelings to a set of people...good idea though, I tried to do this when I first joined, obviously sometimes I'd see NRF and be "ooooh shit" but I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid them

Popeye509    1

No proper way to enforce the rule and people may have a background of which they dislike a clan. I would also like to stress not only bad came from the famous youtubers I myself only found about this shortly after discovering Psisyndicate saw he did rp dayz series (his first one) and well one thing after the other lead me to where I am now I am so glad Lewis did that series or I would have missed out on so much fun.

cazr    0

There's no problem having an OOC opinion on a clan, just keep it to yourself I guess

duck    0

But if people have an OOC opinion its almost always the case that they will just go for the people they don't like from previous experience in other games. Great idea but im not sure how it would be enforced. Pretty much the K.O.S rule at the moment that would kind of enforce this?

I think the rules already have this covered under the Stay In Character section.

Acquiring information from outside the game which your character wouldn't otherwise have access to is forbidden, just like any other form of metagaming or godmodding.

Essentially when you enter the lands, unless your nationality, political views clash with those of another clan there's no real reason to hate another clan IC.

Keep any opinion from OOC knowledge about clans completely OOC. I think the rules already encourage people to do this.

If people feel the need to hate a clan purely from a video/another persons experience then they're depriving themselves of possibly some great role play with that clan and the chance of possibly becoming a part of that clan in the future.

^ This.

If people feel the need to hate a clan purely from a video/another persons experience then they're depriving themselves of possibly some great role play with that clan and the chance of possibly becoming a part of that clan in the future.

i.e. They probably won't get accepted anyway.

Alan Woods    3

I think the rules already have this covered under the Stay In Character section.

Acquiring information from outside the game which your character wouldn't otherwise have access to is forbidden, just like any other form of metagaming or godmodding.

Essentially when you enter the lands, unless your nationality, political views clash with those of another clan there's no real reason to hate another clan IC.

Keep any opinion from OOC knowledge about clans completely OOC. I think the rules already encourage people to do this.

This!

It brings down alot of opportunities on roleplay...

John Shadow    0

Many of you bring up a good point and i hope in the future newcomers to try make the best roleplay they can give. Or at least try.