Server time: 2017-08-23, 00:51

Sign in to follow this  
Carved_

Shotgunshells rework/ crafting

Should there be a change on the current shotgun ammo.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a change on the current shotgun ammo.

• Hell yeah
    • Oh no

Carved_    7

Hey,

I love shotguns..... I really love them.

My m1014 is my best fwiend....

But there is one thing that kinda disturbs me and i think needs some rework.

Im talking of the taken inventors spacle and the shotgun mags( only the 12gauge ammo not the autoshotgun thing)

At the moment 24 slugs or pellet rounds, take the same space as a 20 liter jerrycan.

So it seems the ammo is huuuuuuuge. So what can be improved:

Since the ammo is so heavy adjust their damage and add sum explosions to fit the weight they have.

Or more ammo per slot.

I also would like some quiver idea like for the bows.

Also i liked to rp to craft my own shells. I used flares ,rags to craft the shell and filled it with scrap metal or brickparts (even tho i didnt get any from it)

Maybe i was unlucky, but all the gauges i found where 1866 slugs...

Just me or the loottable?

This would offer a bit more variaty and would reward using that weapon.

The inventory could be 1 slot 25 of them, but to "nerv" a bit they must be reloaded as single shells, 8 times reloading= full shotgun.

I dont know if this is even possible or there is something on armaholic for it.

On my researchni didnt found anything.

Besphynx    0

Seems a good idea and would definitely make the shotguns somewhat more viable to use instead of the old "AK or Stanag" mentality.

HopkinsC    0

Not a bad idea actually, Shotguns are most definitely under appreciated, and giving them more appeal seems like a good idea.

J0kk3    0

Only makes sense really. Why should 2 shells take as much space as a can of food, or 10 shells for another shotgun?

gr1ves    3

I like this idea too. Still haven't found a shotgun in game apart from a double-barrel but I would love to find a m1014.

Reptile449    0

Pellet shotgun rounds do a lot of damage, so shotguns aren't useless. At close range they will one hit kill someone. On the other hand slugs are useless.

Carved_    7

I Did some Calculating:

Jerry can 20 Liters = about 25 Kg

means that 8 pellets about 8 kg

means 1 round = 1 kg

a grenade is maybe 200 g.

I demand either a Damage correction on the Pellets or more ammo per slot :D

Krimbo    0

Nice point you've made. Shows by the poll results too.

I would like to see this happen.

GlitchyV2    0

I Did some Calculating:

Jerry can 20 Liters = about 25 Kg

means that 8 pellets about 8 kg

means 1 round = 1 kg

a grenade is maybe 200 g.

I demand either a Damage correction on the Pellets or more ammo per slot :D

No damage tweaking please, just more ammo! ;)

Holy crap, any shotgun shell that weights 1kg would most likely do as much damage as a 50cal explosive round in the face :P

kakan    0

A military m1014 can only feed 7+1 shells there for only 8 shells per ammo.

The loot tables can always be tweaked for better satisfactions. Will look in to this

Carved_    7

The loot tables can always be tweaked for better satisfactions. Will look in to this

mhh i didn't found a rework on amraholic though. maybe some quiver sort of arrangement?

kakan    0

mhh i didn't found a rework on amraholic though. maybe some quiver sort of arrangement?

Well to add Realism we would have to add like an ammo strap on the shotgun. But as the gun only feeds 7 shells + 1 in the chamber that wouldnt make sense to have more ammo in the gun.

The quiver arrangement might be possible. But there is alot of other bugs that has to be fixed before that :)

Carved_    7

Well to add Realism we would have to add like an ammo strap on the shotgun. But as the gun only feeds 7 shells + 1 in the chamber that wouldnt make sense to have more ammo in the gun.

The quiver arrangement might be possible. But there is alot of other bugs that has to be fixed before that :)

Its not about the ammo in the gun, thats fine for me.

But how the inventory thing is for it atm isn't quit good i think.

(and having the mags is kinda weird, since every shot must be reloaded seperatly if you take it real, and tho you can't have "magazines")

And by that you should have like 20-30 bullets per items slot and should be abled to reload one bullet after another. (for example one slug, 1 pellet, 1 slug, one pellet (and so on) and then it should automatically shot those )

should be possible but probable needs a shotgun mod or something that is going to be done from scratch...)

but thanks for looking at the loot tables. i ahd quit a hard time finding ammo for it.

kakan    0

(and having the mags is kinda weird, since every shot must be reloaded seperatly if you take it real, and tho you can't have "magazines")

And by that you should have like 20-30 bullets per items slot and should be abled to reload one bullet after another. (for example one slug, 1 pellet, 1 slug, one pellet (and so on) and then it should automatically shot those )

should be possible but probable needs a shotgun mod or something that is going to be done from scratch...)

but thanks for looking at the loot tables. i ahd quit a hard time finding ammo for it.

I see what you mean but the m1014 have tube under it for 7 shells and one in the chamber. And the tube acts like the magazine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_M4

Carved_    7

I see what you mean but the m1014 have tube under it for 7 shells and one in the chamber. And the tube acts like the magazine

I think my lack of Weapon vocabulary doesn't help me here.

I try to explain once again :D

The shotgun doesn'T have a magazine like a pistol has. or an m4 the stanag.

every bullet will be put in the pipe seperatly, wich basicly isn'T like a saiga amgazine or something.

so you should be abled to arrange wich bullets are in the pipe/chamber bullet per bullet. and arange them in the pipe like /pellet/slug/pellet/pellet/slug/

and since this shotguns isn't like the saiga the ammo shouldn't be handled as a magazine, but as stackable items.

kakan    0

I think my lack of Weapon vocabulary doesn't help me here.

I try to explain once again :D

The shotgun doesn'T have a magazine like a pistol has. or an m4 the stanag.

every bullet will be put in the pipe seperatly, wich basicly isn'T like a saiga amgazine or something.

so you should be abled to arrange wich bullets are in the pipe/chamber bullet per bullet. and arange them in the pipe like /pellet/slug/pellet/pellet/slug/

and since this shotguns isn't like the saiga the ammo shouldn't be handled as a magazine, but as stackable items.

Ah now i understand :)

Skippy    4

Shotguns are more or less fine as is. Explosive rounds (like can be found in the AA12) are out of the question, and frankly their damage is huge.

A full thing of 12 gauge pellets to the chest does 16000 damage. Keep in mind players only have 12000 health, and a slug does 4000.

It's also not entirely about 'realism' but more about 'balance.' You see, if you were to increase the mag size of the shells themselves, the shotguns would go from having 8 fires/reload to having 15, or 20, or 25, or whathave you.

The real problem with shotguns is actually within the game itself- ArmA is rarely a close range game. It's normally about the long range encounters of at least 200+ meters or so, and at that point shotguns become pretty much useless. But they do have their niche. Building clearing, fighting in forests, or fights within towns. Also for initiation shotguns work wonders. That's where the shotgun shines.

It's a niche weapon, but there's nothing -wrong- with it. A quiver type solution is an idea, but I still don't think it's all that needed. An increase in spawn chance for ammo is an idea (as it is right now the only way to find ammo for the 12 gauge is to find the weapon it spawns with, or combine the 2 round) but anything else seems unnecessary.

Perhaps a bandoleer like you see sometimes wrapped around like a shoulder strap?

I could see it as a cool item but I think they would be kinda rare.

My issue with shotgun ammo is all of them are supposed to be 12 gauge but yet each one takes a different style. I think there should be a combine option for all of them to cater to your needs. Right now you can only combine or break apart for the double barrel or the M1014. Where is the love for the Winchester? I know it is supposed to be a rifle but guess what it is not so why not make all the shells fit all shotguns across the board?

Sorry the Winchester is my go to gun for anything and everything.

Carved_    7

Shotguns are more or less fine as is. Explosive rounds (like can be found in the AA12) are out of the question, and frankly their damage is huge.

A full thing of 12 gauge pellets to the chest does 16000 damage. Keep in mind players only have 12000 health, and a slug does 4000.

It's also not entirely about 'realism' but more about 'balance.' You see, if you were to increase the mag size of the shells themselves, the shotguns would go from having 8 fires/reload to having 15, or 20, or 25, or whathave you.

The real problem with shotguns is actually within the game itself- ArmA is rarely a close range game. It's normally about the long range encounters of at least 200+ meters or so, and at that point shotguns become pretty much useless. But they do have their niche. Building clearing, fighting in forests, or fights within towns. Also for initiation shotguns work wonders. That's where the shotgun shines.

It's a niche weapon, but there's nothing -wrong- with it. A quiver type solution is an idea, but I still don't think it's all that needed. An increase in spawn chance for ammo is an idea (as it is right now the only way to find ammo for the 12 gauge is to find the weapon it spawns with, or combine the 2 round) but anything else seems unnecessary.

I think you didnt got my point, its quit hard for me to talk about weapons in another language then my native, and even then i dont really shine.

I never thoughtnof increasing the Damage, my calculations werenjust to get thenpoint that they take to much inventory space in my eyes. Increasing the magazin size isn't what i intended to talk about. Just that you can carry more in yout inventory.

And maybe since they are super rare the ability of crafting them, since they are so rare. I guess adding crafting tables shouldnt be that hard since they already exist.

5flares+ rag+ crunched brick or something that can be used as pellet filling

= surviver 12 gauge. A bit less damage but still cool.

I like the felling that something provides if it is survivor crafted. It makes things authentic (like the reinforced cars in origins)

Does anyone know if ammo crafting could work?

I would love to see that happen. (not just for shotgunrounds but i guess they are the easiest to craft)

Kravock    1

Ammo crafting is definitely possible. We can create recipes very easy.

Carved_    7

Ammo crafting is definitely possible. We can create recipes very easy.

Pleaaaaaaaase

:)

RoCKiE    0

Ammo crafting :o I wanna craft AS Val ammo plox :)