Server time: 2017-08-24, 04:50

Sign in to follow this  
cazr

Who still says hey to the new guys?

cazr    0

After the new post count system thingy, who still says hi to the new guys? I saw there was a few with no posts, so I thought I would welcome them, I hope most people didn't do it for the post count.

good-guy-greg-template.jpg

cazr    0

There's too many new people. I limit myself to one welcome per month so people feel special.

Ah fair enough, I feel bad when no one says hello though.

Voodoo    371

hey new guy

Undead    249

I try to say hi to people whenever I see the threads. People said hi to me on my welcome thread a while ago so I try to return the favor to any new players. Give em a warm welcome. I try to personalize mine if they post anything other then hi i'm new, but even the copy and pasted ones from people still are nice to see.

GlitchyV2    0

hey new guy

Oh you :troll:

I will say hello when i feel like it :)

(especially when people have good grammar)

I'm glad it doesn't count towards your postcount anymore, too many people were just replying to every thread with "Hi !!!!" and "Hey there!!!!" to get their postcount up.

At least now the only motivation people will have to post their is to actually welcome members of the community and not to just inflate the number next to their name.

ZodiEmish    0

What I want it know is Why does post count even matter?

I mean it's like Oh look at his post count.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

I guess I just never understood the need to display post count, and in fact some of the best forums I have been on were the forums that would hide the post count to everyone, but admins. I mean in my opinion the whole post count thing can be misleading. I have seen some people ( not here ) who treat the post count system like the people with more posts are more important, or have higher knowledge. People who had low post counts didn't matter, their opinions didn't matter, and once again in my opinion that mentality hurt those communities.

Personally I don't see the need for it other then just showing off, which I find silly, I think you should show off by the quality of post, and the quality of who you are, but not by how many posts you have made. Maybe we would be better off removing it all together. Who knows. I'm just a new person with a low post count. ;)

Anyway back to the thread on hand. Yes. I will still say Hello to people, and welcome them.

Burgz    6

Funnily enough since it's been taken away, I've gone absolutely mental and posted on loads of them, haha, jus 2 proof u hataz rong

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I say hello only to people I feel are "good guys" or good RPers. I only lost about 80-90 posts, and most of them were from my welcome/goodbye posts :P

GlitchyV2    0

I say hello only to people I feel are "good guys" or good RPers. I only lost about 80-90 posts, and most of them were from my welcome/goodbye posts :P

This, exactly same here!

Tomeran    3
What I want it know is Why does post count even matter? [/Quote]

This.

Why should the "post-count thingy" make any difference whatsoever if people post or do not post in the joining/leaving forums?

Mattbro    0

I still do, just because I dont get post count doesnt mean im not going to be nice to people

cazr    0

I say hi to the guys who make a good joining post, I can't replay to all the people who just say "Hello"