Server time: 2017-08-17, 15:27

Sign in to follow this  

Trade Frequencies

Is this something you would like to see added?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is this something you would like to see added?

• Yes.
    • No.

So now that the trade thread has been removed, it got me thinking. Trading has now become a lot harder, and is realistic to a sense. Considering we have an up and running radio station here in Chernarus, you would assume there would be a few radio frequencies set for trading goods. It would be a nice way to make people still be able to negotiate trades even if they aren't near each other.

In my opinion one reason people wanted the trade thread to be removed because of meta-gaming situations that would arise from it. By making it a radio frequency, everything will be based off verbal contract, and will not be posted for all to see. Personally, I feel this would increase trading, and still maintain an authentic role-play feel to the game.

Use the above poll and leave a reply to maybe better the idea. If you have any criticism, please express that as well.

Slute    1

A possible RP Only section on the DayZRP TS just about trading. You can call in asking if anyone has a specific item, or advertise your trading company. Totally agree!

Ghost    8

+1 good idea!

Yuval    2

Nope. As much as I love trading doing this isn't different then trading forums. Besides, go into a settlement and ask people if they are interested at anything you may offer.

Hofer    20

As soon as the new Raven's Nest is up together with Sanctuary you should be able to trade again. Meanwhile you can try to gather your precious gear.

GlitchyV2    0

I actually had this idea yesterday :P

I think it would be good! :D

+1

As soon as the new Raven's Nest is up together with Sanctuary you should be able to trade again. Meanwhile you can try to gather your precious gear.

Trading can sometimes bring really good RP, and atleast i don't do it just for the gear ;)

Nope. As much as I love trading doing this isn't different then trading forums. Besides, go into a settlement and ask people if they are interested at anything you may offer.

"Hello sir! I see you have obtained a DMR? Lovely! I will offer you some beans and a Wincherster for it. Sir? Si..why are you crying?"

This is the only feasible scenario I can think off that reflects my inner sorrow regarding this issue.

Yuval    2

"Hello sir! I see you have obtained a DMR? Lovely! I will offer you some beans and a Wincherster for it. Sir? Si..why are you crying?"

This is the only feasible scenario I can think off that reflects my inner sorrow regarding this issue.

And people spamming TS saying

SELLING DMR

SELLING DMR

etc... is better?

Since TS is radio and related to IC activities, but some people do NOT have their clan tags on. it can cause confusion with trading since i won't trade with a bandit.

Plus, what i'll do if i see a person in a settlement or just walkign around i'd ask him if he is interested in a trade, just like in the trading forums.

for me an offer like the one you showed is unreal on the borders of trolling, why would anyone offer that?

You don't have to carry all of your guns into a settlement or on your back, just meet a person show him a inventory list you have on a note (IC) and if he is interested tell him to contact you via radio, and give him a radio freq to be on (LFG ones or your clans one)

doing this pretty much makes you unable to trade with clans who hate your character.

And people spamming TS saying

SELLING DMR

SELLING DMR

etc... is better?

Since TS is radio and related to IC activities, but some people do NOT have their clan tags on. it can cause confusion with trading since i won't trade with a bandit.

Plus, what i'll do if i see a person in a settlement or just walkign around i'd ask him if he is interested in a trade, just like in the trading forums.

for me an offer like the one you showed is unreal on the borders of trolling, why would anyone offer that?

You don't have to carry all of your guns into a settlement or on your back, just meet a person show him a inventory list you have on a note (IC) and if he is interested tell him to contact you via radio, and give him a radio freq to be on (LFG ones or your clans one)

doing this pretty much makes you unable to trade with clans who hate your character.

I never said I agree to the radio trading in the first place. The only way I saw trading working successfully was with the trade section, and sinse it's not there anymore, I don't want to see support for flawed ideas. (atleast in my opinion)

Hofer    20

Solution :beans:

This is exactly what should be done, IC interaction and RP trade.

Reptile449    0

It would make more sense to have a merchant or mercenary group running a ts channel where they can broker deals. U talk to them with something to buy/sell and they soer out the rest.

PCJames    151

I think we should just wait for the settlements

MartinJ    1

Actually my idea of that is:

"Hey guys, I'm in a desperate need for a tent to rest my head in at night, do you guys have any spare that you would be willing to trade? What are you looking for in exchange for it?"

Or

"I heard you have a large stash of various weapons... do you have a decent sniper rifle that I could trade for some of my utility items? I've got a lot of spare vehicle parts that I could trade for a decent long range weapon."

The thing is that trading should be based on actual in character need and requirement, or their abilities. What the trading section instead encouraged was for trading for a better gear, which also was partially metagaming (as it was based on the weapon's OOC statistics like power, range etc rather than your character's need for it). This change will hopefully limit trading to items your character would actually require instead.

Burgz    6

Like someone mentioned before about the trading threads being removed, it would create a lot more traffic on the roads; the transport of goods and what-not and definitely increase the RP experience, great idea +1

There should also be some way to have your trade always in there, like a repeated transmission in RP terms, we should be able to put a list in the description, of who and what is being sold, or just their name...so they can be contacted?

I really like the idea of people being realistic, and trading only for what they are in dire need for, but unfortunately that will never happen. I don't know how many times I have wanted to slap someone in the head for offering me an AK for a high grade weapon. In my personal opinion, this is the only kind of trading available now. As of recently, settlements have been hot-spots for both great role-play and banditry. Most if not all of us wouldn't go to the settlement decked out in your best shit, and this is why I think trading is now limited. Having a radio frequency would make people comfortable enough to discuss actual good trades, rather then take shitty offers from trolls at a settlement. I figured the idea had some flaws in it, but it I don't think it would be as bad as many of you assume it would be. The meta-gaming issues from the trade thread is a big reason it was removed. Making a verbal option for people to discuss trades over the radio would be all-around more beneficial.

Ive been paying that much attention I didn't realize the trade thread had been removed LOL

cazr    0

Why trade? I prefer to keep my stuff, and all the other guys stuff :troll:

Steve    0

I think it would be really cool,

but also a huge clusterfuck when there are too many people in the frequenzy

Guest Isaak   
Guest Isaak

Great idea mate +1 from me. I agree it is hard to trade now but the problem is like LeSteve said that too many people will be on the frequenzy, but if it works out that would be fab :D

Well how the hell my character (in game) can know on which radio frequencies ppl are trading?

I don't like this idea.

Chris    61

^

That bump tho. Holy shit. :/