Server time: 2017-08-17, 21:40

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pandi

Accidently Killed A Friend

Question

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Hey, so I had literally met some really nice guy and we were looting a house for drinks and zombies started coming in and trapping us the guy ran in front of me as i swung my axe to hit a zombie, It one hit killed him. I feel so bad and I didn't mean to, Is there any way I will get in trouble for this? Although he says it is okay he just asked for his gun back and that's it, and I'm happy to do that but I feel like I can do more for him after that.

Question is will I get in trouble for something like this if I accidentally did it again in future and I'm so grateful that guy is so kind as he hasn't reported me and twisted the story so I get banned but if someone did report me and twisted the story into making it sound like I did it on purpose, Would I get banned?

Let me state this again before anyone misreads what I have said:

I did this on ACCIDENT.

8 answers to this question

Slute    1

Only if he files a report. As long as he is okay with it, no harm no foul. If he does file a report however you might have a problem.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Yup, you would. I've been banned for shooting a guy that was stupid enough to crawl unarmed between a horde that I was shooting for more that 10 minutes. I didn't know I shot someone until the report came

Accident or not, if the guy reports you and he has legit proof, you're probably in trouble

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Only if he files a report. As long as he is okay with it, no harm no foul. If he does file a report however you might have a problem.

Okay, He seemed fine about it. He knew I didn't purposely do it because I know the rules are strict and you can't just kill people like that, just wanted to make sure it would be okay as I now have learn't be more careful.

Yup, you would. I've been banned for shooting a guy that was stupid enough to crawl unarmed between a horde that I was shooting for more that 10 minutes. I didn't know I shot someone until the report came

Accident or not, if the guy reports you and he has legit proof, you're probably in trouble

He was a really nice guy though and responded really well, I am defiantly going to give his stuff back and probably most of my gear now.

This wouldn't be breaking NLR would it? he deserves his gear back.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Well, technically it's NLR and metagamming since he is supossed to not remember he died, and how etc.But, it's a game,so stuff like that can be put aside for the fun of everyone!

Slute    1

Okay, He seemed fine about it. He knew I didn't purposely do it because I know the rules are strict and you can't just kill people like that, just wanted to make sure it would be okay as I now have learn't be more careful.

He was a really nice guy though and responded really well, I am defiantly going to give his stuff back and probably most of my gear now.

Yes, have to be very careful in a zombie apocalypse!

Even if he does file a report, if there is enough evidence of it being an accident the GM's or Admins will probably not doing anything to drastic.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Yes, have to be very careful in a zombie apocalypse!

Even if he does file a report, if there is enough evidence of it being an accident the GM's or Admins will probably not doing anything to drastic.

Yeah I don't think he will report it because I spoke to him over teamspeak after but I don't expect not to be punished but it was an accident and accidents happen but I have apologized and that's all I can really do for the moment.

Well, technically it's NLR and metagamming since he is supossed to not remember he died, and how etc.But, it's a game,so stuff like that can be put aside for the fun of everyone!

Thanks for the help though man, just needed to be reassured :)

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

That is why if he thinks he was KoS'd, he should make a report discussion (NOT a formal). That way, you can discuss it between the two of you and you have the chance to explain yourself to him. And if he is understanding he can request the report to be closed without wasting GM's time.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

That is why if he thinks he was KoS'd, he should make a report discussion (NOT a formal). That way, you can discuss it between the two of you and you have the chance to explain yourself to him. And if he is understanding he can request the report to be closed without wasting GM's time.

Okay thanks man.