Server time: 2018-02-19, 10:22

King of the Castle - Lopatino (Melee only - OOC Event)
TODAY - 2018-02-20 00:00:00 (server time) - Starts in 13 hours, 37 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
Msheister

Gaming Build?

GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU COOLER: Cooler Master DK9-7E52A-0L-GP CPU Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Biostar A960D+ Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard

MEMORY: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory

STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive CASE: Raidmax ATX-248NWU (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case

Could this run alot of games on ultra graphics 60 FPS?

Looks pretty solid. The 8 core processor is mainly for running background tasks and rendering videos (not as much though). I do suggest you wait for the next GFX Card line from Radeon to come out in a few weeks. Other than that its solid :D

Why Matx Mobo?

7950 Overclocked like i have can run BF3 on ultra on most maps, some need abit of tweaking to the settings, but i do have a 4 core sandy bridge I5 CPU so...

My main complaints are

Better case

Better cooling for the CPU

ATX Mobo

All I could say for the build is that honestly, I would go for an Intel CPU and motherboard.

I myself have got an AMD FX8350 4.0 GhZ 8 Core Processor and honestly, in DayZ and a lot of other single or dual core reliant games, it is a bottleneck for performance. When I benchmark my computer it is the weak link although I haven't over-clocked it yet so I can't say how much of a performance increase that would be.

It pains me to say it as I bought it relatively recently-ish since joining this community. I would advise an i5 3570k or some of the new generation Haswell CPU's.

Also I agree to wait for the next generation of cards to come out and they are benchmarked. I know I bought my GTX660ti a little hastily when the next generation of cards were just around the corner.

I recommend an Intel processor; no fanboyism, speaking out of experience.

I used to rock the AMD FX-8120, which had decent performance in Arma 2 and Dayz, when I switched to my current Intel Core-i7 4770k I got quite an increase. Don't look at the number of cores, beyond 4 cores is mostly never used.

As said before I would go for Intel CPU and motherboard. Personally as well I would go for an nvidia graphics card as I have had a few bad thing happen to my old AMD graphics card.

Guest Astycc

I suggest using the Radeon 280X GPU, it is more or less equal to a 7970, but is cheaper.

AHHH

THE CABLESSS!!!

IT BURNSS

Guest ash

Switch the 7950 for a R9 280x and the FX 8320 for the 8350. Change the Ram from that crep to Corsair Vengeance LP (Low profile, allows cpu coolers to connect easier/have more room) and the cpu cooler for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. I would also suggest buying more fans for the case, keeping it cooler and thus allow you to overclock if wanted, and not have a space heater on your desk.