Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:40

Sign in to follow this  
TomG

Post counter

TomG    0

Is it possible to only enable people to gain 1 post count on the Joining/ Leaving section then disable the post counter after that?

Burgz    6

but then surely someone could be leaving and then might come back...or they might post in somewhere and then they'll never have enough posts to say they're leaving, seems like it'll create more problems than solutions maybe? Saying that, what are you trying to solve with this?

TomG    0

You can still post, just post count does not go up.

The problem? People posting in the section 50-100 times a day...

Burgz    6

what's wrong with people posting in them? Are they not allowed to wish someone good luck later in life or with RP?

TomG    0

Problem? :troll:

Im just curious to see what your post count would be after it :troll:

what's wrong with people posting in them? Are they not allowed to wish someone good luck later in life or with RP?

They still can they just don't get another post count on there total posts

Alyd    4

I agree with this. People that spam Joining/Leaving annoy the hell outta me. Sure it's good to tell newbies the basics and such, but this should be much more sincere than it currently is IMO. If they removed Joining/Leaving from post counts (Like Clan Forums[?!]) then I see only positive outcomes!

404notfound    0

I agree with this. People that spam Joining/Leaving annoy the hell outta me. Sure it's good to tell newbies the basics and such, but this should be much more sincere than it currently is IMO. If they removed Joining/Leaving from post counts (Like Clan Forums[?!]) then I see only positive outcomes!

How dare we welcome new members to the community ;)

But really, people do spam 'hello' on every newcomer posts just to up their count. I agree they should disable the post count in the joining/leaving section.

Stagsview    589

I say hello welcome to random people each day just, but i try and make each one original and personal for the guy/lass not just a random Hello..

Hofer    20

If the postcounter is removed, people will most likely stop posting there. New members like to get response from the community when joining, at least I did.

If it's such a big problem for you, just ignore the section.

And moved to Suggestions.

pejay    1

Whats the problem with people having alot of posts? Ain't like it's a contest

Burgz    6

I remember when I posted my joining thread, I don't think anyone replied and...it still haunts me to thi- this day :'(

Zigma    0

noone cares about post count if you have alot then your a nice person thats it people dont go on there to bump themselves up its just called being nice and i dont know what people mean by the spam on there its a section on the forum that isnt mandatory to click on why should you care who is saying hello to who

TomG    0

There is being nice, then there is spamming it. Sure, say hello to maybe 10-20 people, why not. But doing it to 50-100, no thanks.

Alan Woods    3

Whats the problem with people having alot of posts? Ain't like it's a contest

It's not a contest.

It's a battle.

2 words :

Afro Samurai

Who saw it knows the plot and knows it's all about about no. 2

Rel    0

I currently made it so posts in the Joining/Leaving Board don't add to a user's post count. I'm also going to reduce Alan's post count to 1, as I really don't tolerate spam. Consider this a warning.

It's nice to post in the Joining and Leaving Board, but not for the sole purpose of upping your post count.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Woo! Glad you've added that, Rel. I've been wanting this for some time now. :)

My only concern is for new players who's accounts get deleted due to their only post being in a joining/leaving thread ( I doubt it would matter, as they would probably be inactive anyway ).