Server time: 2017-10-20, 01:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Press

Persistent Player Zomblies

Press    1

Alright, this is a stretch in terms of actual DayZRP server implementation, but I'm thinking the one thing missing from zombie apocalypse multiplayer games that take place within a contained but open area are zombies that spawn upon player death carrying their gear. Not only would these special zombies feature a distinctive look, but if made persistent as opposed to one of the proximity spawning zombies, it would give players a little something extra to look for.

It feeds loot back into the available pool by replacing corpses with active AI opponents who can be spotted and engaged. I seldom find corpses. They either despawn or are located in awkward places. In that regard, I think it would also serve as a good tool for improving immersion by giving players a reason to fight as well as skulk around and flee from zeds.

J0kk3    0

I've actually thought of this myself. However, I came to the conclusion that for it to happen, we'd all have to play permadeath characters. Would be awkward to run into your own reanimated corpse, wouldn't it? Would make for some interesting RP though. Even then I think it could be hard to implement on the server.

Lue    25

Besides the loot factor, if you really wanted to, change your face to a zombie face a log back on for a while and act the part until someone puts you down lol.... Walk around spewing nonsensical growling and grunts.

Frankly it would never happen the way you are asking because then people would be hunting for their zombie selves to kill and get their gear back and therefore breaking NLR. Besides, I prefer to find dead bodies and feel like there's mystery behind it. And if players were killed by a shot to the head, they would have no way of becoming a zombie ( since these are infected zombies, not undead from the grave zombies ).

J0kk3    0

Besides the loot factor, if you really wanted to, change your face to a zombie face a log back on for a while and act the part until someone puts you down lol.... Walk around spewing nonsensical growling and grunts.

I've wanted to try this, and I see two possible outcomes:

A. Someone will enjoy it and thinks it's good RP

B. Someone will report you for trolling.

Reptile449    0

It would break NLR and be putting loot back into a closed system where death is one of the only loot sinks.

Soren    0

I like the idea of your coprse standing up after a little while and walking like a normal zombies. Also digging the idea of being able to loot the gear from the zombie afterwards then aswell.

Not sure if this is possible to make or imploment, but if it is, then sure - I love it!

I do not like the idea of having player controlled zombies though.

One word comes to mind if this was somehow implemented.

Lag.

A great idea theoretically but one too complex and performance heavy to implement.

Soren    0

One word comes to mind if this was somehow implemented.

Lag.

A great idea theoretically but one too complex and performance heavy to implement.

That is also true, yeah.

Could also imagine this could cause a lot of extra loading/rendering for the game to do, which would in the very end cause lag for everyone.

cazr    0

+1 for this!

Would be weird to come across a zombie version of myself though

I am loving the idea and everything but people would just be trying to find their zombie-self and getting their loot back every time. It would also be a bit weird coming across yourself now and then.

Cyber    6

Like the idea but could cause lag and be hard to implement.

Phalanx    0

I wouldn't think that this would work too much, because everyone knows that if you destroy the brain of a person, that person would not become a zombie. I know that it's bringing it a little far, but just a reason why it might not work.

Love the idea and would love to see it implemented but not sure how stressful this would be on the server.

Undead    313

If I remember correctly on epoch you can play as a zombie . I haven't tried it myself but I can see it causing havoc :P.

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Infected_Player

When it comes to the idea of an so spawning off your body, I like it but I can see it causing some lag.

kody311    3

I do like this idea but ya it would be weird running into your own body. But aslong as you don't go back to the area of you death like you shouldn't do already then it would be awesome.

Sir Doctor    3

A lot of people are saying it would be bad for the NLR rule but in actual fact it'd be good for the rule because the reanimated body would wander off for the original death point meaning if a person attempted to break the rule and run back to, say the barn that they fell down and died they wouldn't be able to find their body because it had wandered off!

Just my two cents of input :)