Server time: 2017-10-19, 00:08
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

How will you trade items in game?

Yuval    2

Since the trading forum is gone... :(

I though it would be nice to share thoughts on how you think you can trade safely, and find deals.

Mine is when I meet people IG, ill ask them if they want to trade that gun for X gun I have (not on me, but hidden) and if we can make a deal ill talk to him on radio and set up a meeting IG.

Interesting question to ask actually. I think that any trading I ever do (as none of my characters are military based or have any real experience with weapons) is always spontaneous. The best deals you will ever find are in-game while role playing. The trading thread, though incredibly useful, didn't provide a true role play trading experience. The best trade in-game I've experienced was seeing my friend get an M14 AIM with 2 magazines, antibiotics and a can of beans for an empty jerry can.

I think the way you seem to be going about things is the new of doing so and it's good to see that it's all in-game and IC now :)

Goz    2

I won't trade as it's simply not feasible at the moment.

Hofer    20

If I see someone I want to trade my gun with I put a bullet in their head and trade them my gun.

On a serious note, I rarely trade. Guns ain't all.

I won't trade as it's simply not feasible at the moment.

Agreed. Lootspawns are fucked, surviving is next to impossible and to top it off there's no way to know what someone might want and what they can offer.

MartinJ    1

You should be trading for what you need, not trading just for the sake of getting high hear loot, anyway. Funny story about surviving being next to impossible that you keep repeating in every single topic, Saint, though it's weird that there are people who have been able to stay alive for well over 24 hours.

Right now since my character is looking for a tent I just ask anyone he meets on a friendly basis whether they have a tent they might be up to trade with him. Then again right now it seems like nobody has any!

You should be trading for what you need, not trading just for the sake of getting high hear loot, anyway. Funny story about surviving being next to impossible that you keep repeating in every single topic, Saint, though it's weird that there are people who have been able to stay alive for well over 24 hours.

Right now since my character is looking for a tent I just ask anyone he meets on a friendly basis whether they have a tent they might be up to trade with him. Then again right now it seems like nobody has any!

Yeah I'm very bothered by the trade section being gone, but this isn't the point of what I am trying to say here.

I'm having all the issues possible when playing the game. No loot spawning in 3 towns, no chopper crashes, zombies that still feel overpowered etc.

I wouldn't have a problem with the patch but I can't adapt to such massive (buggy or not) changes overnight and I refuse to play untill everything is fixed.

But if it's any remark to the trade section, yeah I miss it, alot. I never saw the benefit of removing it, but if it really was causing that much metagaming as the supporters of the idea were saying, then I don't want to stand in anyones way.

Aren't stuff rare due to glitched?

Yes and no.

The loottables i believe are still derped and stuff isnt spawning anywhere (atleast from my experience in the past few days) but they did make high end guns and loot (nvgs) alot rarer, which I for one support very much.

MartinJ    1

It's not the loot tables, it's DayZ itself (not DayZRP) that makes some stuff not spawn, particularly in Elektrogorsk.

In the rest of the cities from what I've seen everything spawns fine, in Cherno sometimes the supermarket and fire station don't spawn things but the rest works fine.

BeastMade    0

Yeah I'm very bothered by the trade section being gone, but this isn't the point of what I am trying to say here.

I'm having all the issues possible when playing the game. No loot spawning in 3 towns, no chopper crashes, zombies that still feel overpowered etc.

I wouldn't have a problem with the patch but I can't adapt to such massive (buggy or not) changes overnight and I refuse to play untill everything is fixed.

But if it's any remark to the trade section, yeah I miss it, alot. I never saw the benefit of removing it, but if it really was causing that much metagaming as the supporters of the idea were saying, then I don't want to stand in anyones way.

yeah. there spawns only littlebit stuff to places and only 1-2 people can get it. so you need to be first at the loot place what means that you need to metagame to survive.Or second option is to find dead bodys or just rob someone what is really common these days. this loot table ruins roleplay because all i get is "Drop your weapons and shit or i will shoot you"

R Steele    0

Myself and 2 other RSM were able to find a chopper crash this morn... They are just harder to spot since they don't smoke anymore

Cedrea    1

Myself and 2 other RSM were able to find a chopper crash this morn... They are just harder to spot since they don't smoke anymore

Anything good at it?

Anything good at it?

Yes it was! :)

GlitchyV2    0

The funny thing is that i found two RKMs in the same barn and now i want to trade the one i have away as it is not were good for me due to the rarity of the DMR/RKM mags :P

Lue    25

I trade trout and trash can tuna for empty whiskey bottles and tin cans. Suckers.... Once the dump opens back up I'm going to make the big bucks off of recycling.

Nah but really.... I've never used the trade forums or set up trades oocly... Everything I do is in game and spontaneous. Though since we are a large group of pack rats, we don't really need much.... We have enough supplies to survive a few months out at sea.... You land lubbers are as flimsy as a jelly fish! I guess it's true... This is a hobos world now... Only we are truly conditioned to survive off of nothing.

.....pansies. ;)

cazr    0

It will be annoying trying to trade. They will most likely rob you

Yes, yes I will.

Sign in to follow this