Server time: 2017-08-20, 21:18

Sign in to follow this  
Frigated

Stricter Age Restrictions

Do you agree?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• Yes
    • Other ( Please state in the comments.)
    • No

I know that for the server you have to be 16+. But how easily is it to bypass a question which a few answer wrong on purpose. I mean I have been looking through the latest reports and so forth, the majority of these are due to trolling or bad RP. In the videos what I have seen on these reports many people sound under the age of 16.

This is a mature server and I hope it stays that way. I call for a stricter application on age. Maybe get an actual age checker, or some form of protection to stop 12 year old people joining the server and ruining RP.

I have also noticed the increase of 'squeakers' on the sever since I joined ( not so long ago ) to this day. It's getting slightly annoying and something needs to be done to keep the children out.

Slute    1

Well I would agree on certain parts. Im perfectly fine with 16+ anything below that it usually bad, but how would they do this? What do you mean by actual age checker?

Well I would agree on certain parts. Im perfectly fine with 16+ anything below that it usually bad, but how would they do this? What do you mean by actual age checker?

I do not know, I am simply suggesting that the under-aged players is getting out of hand. I am not too sure on a full solution. But on some applications to other clans etc you have to enter your post (zip) code and it will then find you if you above a certain age.

I do not know if this is out of the developers depth or not but it would be sure damn nice to have in place.

Texas532    0

I get where your coming from, I myself have been running into more and more people with questionably sounding voices, but I don't think that there is any way of validating people's age short of them sending a photo of them next to their ID.

I get where your coming from, I myself have been running into more and more people with questionably sounding voices, but I don't think that there is any way of validating people's age short of them sending a photo of them next to their ID.

Yeah, picking an under-aged player out from the cluster fuck of applications can be hard. I don't blame the staff on DayzRP it's just the system. A much harsher system must be put in place. I do not know what system but regardless this is a mature server, I hope to god it stays that way.

Osaka    15

It is impossible to detect underage players. The age can be lied about, and if they get away with it in the long run, they are mature enough.

If they get banned within a day, they will be gone fairly soon anyway.

Yuval    2

Maybe add questions which the answer will be pending on the maturity of the player?

Anyway yes, if it's possible

DinoB    20

Just because a person has a "squeakier" voice, doesn't mean he is not mature enough to play RP, on the contrary I've met a lot of great younger roleplayers, and I've seen a lot of reports where people trolling are not underage, but "mature". It just depends on the person, not his age.

Natural selection will do it's job in the end.

that and ofcourse the staff :P

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I agree that the majority of young players causes problems, but I met a many of em that were actually trying to RP, and offered a better experience that "old" guys.

Age doesn't really reflect on your maturity IMO

Yuval    2

Just because a person has a "squeakier" voice, doesn't mean he is not mature enough to play RP, on the contrary I've met a lot of great younger roleplayers, and I've seen a lot of reports where people trolling are not underage, but "mature". It just depends on the person, not his age.

True, but when a person which such voice RP's as a 70 year old or has a old person's skin, it breaks the immersion at least in my opinion, and nevertheless if he is below 16 (which he is most likely) he broke a rule.

Natural selection will do it's job in the end.

that and ofcourse the staff :P

Not only did this make me laugh but I whole heartedly agree.

A lot of the younger players here (below 16) are great role players, one in particular who I've experienced some role play with is tpfrags. People should be less judgemental of the younger players, having a higher pitched voice doesn't mean you are immature or incapable of role play. Some in this community are judging others far too quickly because of this.

The system we have currently works. If they're bringing in poor RP then regardless of their age, they will be swiftly dealt with.

True, but when a person which such voice RP's as a 70 year old or has a old person's skin, it breaks the immersion at least in my opinion, and nevertheless if he is below 16 (which he is most likely) he broke a rule.

You could say the same about people playing different races if their accent is poor. That could be said to break immersion too. Also the assumption that someone that sounds under 16 is breaking a rule or is in fact under 16 is a little misguided. The 16+ has only been implemented in these past few months and some times if they have a good application some younger players have been accepted.

I just don't like this discrimination seen towards players with higher pitched voices whether they be under 16 or not. Some of the most immature and horrible role play I've seen has been from some older members of the community who are above the minimum age requirement.

An age checker, are you serious? This is DayZRP, not the NSA.

But I'd say leave them like this, they're strict enough already. There's tons of good roleplayers getting blacklisted because they are just under 16.

Reptile449    0

If people have read the rules enough to know they must be 16 and lie about their age, they must be pretty interested in the server and RP

Nickerd    0

I have also noticed the increase of 'squeakers' on the sever since I joined ( not so long ago ) to this day. It's getting slightly annoying and something needs to be done to keep the children out.

I'm sure it can't have changed that much, since you joined dayzrp only a month ago ;).

Guest Kjordy   
Guest Kjordy

Age doesn't define maturity. I've seen plenty of trolls and rule-breakers with 'deep voices'. If their application is good enough to pass, why not give them a chance?

Reece    1

Age doesn't define maturity. I've seen plenty of trolls and rule-breakers with 'deep voices'. If their application is good enough to pass, why not give them a chance?

I completely agree

It is impossible to detect underage players. The age can be lied about, and if they get away with it in the long run, they are mature enough.

If they get banned within a day, they will be gone fairly soon anyway.

I agree

Many of you are hating on the age checker idea, Just to let you know what was a suggestion and an idea which I even said would be impractical. More like an example. Yes, the majority of the under aged players are not bad at RP, but it is the rest which spoil themselves. I am also not stating that everyone with a squeaker voice is immature as I know that there are young and immature people out there, I have met people from time to time. But regardless, the 16+ rule is there for a reason. And everyone stating "Oh they are mature enough." yes they might be, but it is an important rule to uphold. If they are under aged it is a major offence.

Please define this "age checker". If you are talking about making it a requirement to show their ID; we aren't going to break people's privacy likr that.

Like I said Gijs, I said it was an example of something which could be done to check peoples ages. I know you are not going to break peoples privacy but regardless there should be something in place to prevent under aged people to join. I don't know what, and I don't know how but it is a must in my eyes.

Reece    1

People could fell it is a little personal to show Identification on the internet, but that's the thing on the internet you can be anyone you want!

People could fell it is a little personal to show Identification on the internet, but that's the thing on the internet you can be anyone you want!

Those who have nothing to hide have nothing to lose or fear amirite?

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

My IRL friend is 15, professional rp'er, put that age on the application, and made an 2500 character backround.

Blacklisted.