Server time: 2017-08-23, 11:48

Sign in to follow this  
Aj1080pGamer

About Dual Holding Primary's

Aj1080pGamer    0

Just want to say that I just was told that this is not aloud to be used and I didn't know that Dual holding Primaries was going to be a problem but just so I don't get in trouble the video that was on this post shows that I have two weapons,

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-kos-around-the-fm-camp

Next Time I am on I will change this just wanted to give an FYI to someone reading this...

Sorry Don't know where to put this So I did it on the Off Topic to be safe.

Guest Kjordy   
Guest Kjordy

You can dual-wield, primaries.. In DayZ? Lolwut?

I think he's referring to some method of being able to equip two primary weapons (instead of a primary and a pistol, for example).

Jared    9

Not dual wielding but putting a primary in the slot that you are suppose to have a melee weapon in. Basically you have have a sniper and assault rifle to switch between by just rolling your mouse wheel. The second weapon also doesn't show on a body when that person is killed. So you can effectively not allow your killer access to a better weapon if you switch right before you die.

Guest Kjordy   
Guest Kjordy

I think he's referring to some method of being able to equip two primary weapons (instead of a primary and a pistol, for example).

Yeah I just seen in the video, with the new patch you can have a melee and a primary equipped at the same time. He has 2 primaries instead of a melee. I understand now haha.

Aj1080pGamer    0

Sorry it's late and I didn't mean to do that HAHA yes I men't hold two weapons haha

Because that sounds like exploiting a bug to me.

A bug that kinda makes it more realistic.

We should have the option to carry 2 guns to begin with. The fact that we can't is a little silly.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

It's not a bug exploit/abuse, and it's more realistic, since you can easily have an ak and a cz hanging on your shoulders instead of having one of them in a tiny bag

Hex    31

This seems fine to me, in game zombies are a serious threat right now, so giving up your melee slot for a second weapon, while possible, is a trade off people should be able to make for themselves. If you do this, your trusting in your teammates to keep you safe from zombies, as you will be unable to do so quietly with a melee weapon.

Clintbet    0

Who said this wasn't allowed?

Rolle.

Yep, he said something about it being an expoit.

Jukki    1

In my opinion it should be changed so this is allowed, but backpacks in other hand will not be able to carry weapons.

Hex    31

I'm a little surprised this is not allowed. seeing that the zombies are a serious threat now, why wouldent we be able to trade off having a melee weapon ( Pretty much a must have now ) for another gun? its a tradeoff. I take 2 primarys, I have no quiet weapon to deal with zombies, I keep my melee slot and I have a good weapon to deal with zombies in a quiet way.

I simply dont see a problem here except for I think when you die, your second weapon is deleted?

R Steele    0

I agree it should be allowed.. As a sniper I would like to be able to get to my hide with an AR then switch yet have the quick access to my AR for defense if my position gets compromised

I'm a little surprised this is not allowed. seeing that the zombies are a serious threat now, why wouldent we be able to trade off having a melee weapon ( Pretty much a must have now ) for another gun? its a tradeoff. I take 2 primarys, I have no quiet weapon to deal with zombies, I keep my melee slot and I have a good weapon to deal with zombies in a quiet way.

I simply dont see a problem here except for I think when you die, your second weapon is deleted?

as far as I know the 2nd weapon still shows when you check gear of the body

Until i came across the forum posts i was carrying two primaries as i didn't think of it to be a problem. Now after seeing what Rolle said, i dropped the second primary.

But it will continue to happen, and players will do it not thinking of it as a problem until a patch fixes it restricting that back slot to melee weapons only.

People shouldn't get banned for something that they have no idea is a bug exploit.

Undead    246

I mean the only problem seems to be that when you die the gun is gone. Other then that as long as there is no other glitches I find it realistic enough. It would get a bit ridiculous though if someone had two primaries on them and then now had enough room for two more primaries in their bag.

I mean the only problem seems to be that when you die the gun is gone. Other then that as long as there is no other glitches I find it realistic enough. It would get a bit ridiculous though if someone had two primaries on them and then now had enough room for two more primaries in their bag.

If you die both primaries are in the gear when looting the body

Undead    246

If you die both primaries are in the gear when looting the body

I was quoting that from Jared who seemed to experience a different situation.

"The second weapon also doesn't show on a body when that person is killed. So you can effectively not allow your killer access to a better weapon if you switch right before you die."

I haven't tested it myself

BeastMade    0

well. Rolle have said in threads that holding 2 rifles are bannable. the only problem is that people doesnt know about it because there is no rule for it. i heared about this "new rule" today. so i think it should not be bannable until you can read it from rules....