Server time: 2017-10-24, 00:29
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
McFluffyDucky

Microphone?

Hey guys!

I'm currently looking for some new Headphones with a speaker or a microphone which i would be able to use whilst playing Dayzrp, I'm looking mainly at the microphone and its quality, so i was just wondering which ones to you use and what would you recommend for a cheap price?

Thanks

Guest Immortalhd   
Guest Immortalhd

Agreed, definitely a condenser microphone if you're after quality. The Audio Technica that the kind lad above me recommended is a great choice. Just make sure to get the USB version HERE

It does depend however on how you've got your desk setup because for some people making the space for a mic like this could be a hassle. Also bare in mind that these microphones can pick up a lot of sound around too as they are not directional, so if you're in a slightly noisy environment people will definitely hear background noise, keyboard taps and mouse clicks far clearer.

The solution for that would be to purchase a desk mounted arm for the mic but you're looking at more expense again. Headsets, even though they are inferior in audio quality, they are practical and can be cheaper overall.

Guest ash   
Guest ash

None of those are headsets, he asked for a headset. Having said that I would also recommend the Turtle Beach x12s if you are on a tight budget, these can also be used on your xbox if you have one. Or if you have money to spend, the Astro A40s are very good indeed, with much praise raised towards them.

Sin    127

I'm quite happy with my Logitech G330 USB headset. < $20, and I get compliments on it all the time.

Guest Fuzzy   
Guest Fuzzy

I got a Astro A50 I recommend it

Archer    0

Astro's have notoriously terrible microphones when using the mix amp... Would not recommend.

J0kk3    0

I'm using a G930 from Logitech. As long as the wireless dongle thingy isn't too close to the headset itself it works flawlessly.

Yep, I use a G930 also(they cost about 90-150 USD), the wireless is very comfortable, and I have yet to get any complaints about background noise/crappy sound quality.