Server time: 2017-10-18, 20:34
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Heron

Multi-use of Antibiotics & Painkillers, Roadblocks Fix

Heron    0

Greetings fellow community & staff members of DayZRP,

recently two ideas crossed my mind and I thought of sharing them.

First idea would be the multi-use of Antibiotics and Painkillers. We all know they can only be found at hospitals and few other spots and using the whole box to heal the infection is stupid as there are multiple pills in real life.

My idea would be to have five (5) pills inside the box and maybe depending on the blood level we should take a random amount of pills to heal ourselves, although, not more than five (pills) as in RL hard antibiotics are usually taken each 8h, 12h or 24h.

This is not a final idea, that's why I posted it, so we can discuss it.

Second idea would be the roadblocks. We all know when being on a road, especially driving that due to desync we get killed because of the roadblocks spawning later and in general lagging the shit of us.

My thought is to either totally remove them (I think it would cause better server performance) or remove like seventy (70) percent (%) of them. It would be a bit unrealistic to not have any car wrecks on the road, especially in an apocalypse, but rather ease up with the amount and actually make it possible to drive on the road.

I hope you will like this ideas.

Kind regards, Heron!

Osaka    20

In real life you need to take ALL the pills in antibiotic containers as they, as a whole are the cure. If you stop halfway you are in risk of ALMOST curing yourself and training whatever made you sick to withstand antibiotics. The reason is that people will feel better after a few pills, and think it's enough. But in reality the disease is just hibernating from the first attack.

Because some people do this bacteria like MRSA exist.

As for painkillers and morphine. Yes those are a bit unrealistic in the game.

J.D.    2

I agree with roadblocks being in the outskirts of towns and maybe something in the middle. However barriers in the middle of an open road don't seem as realistic as say broken down cars/crashed cars. Those damn rubbish piles appearing out of nowhere always scare the shit out of me haha.

As for multiple uses on items. I think there are a few things that could use this:

- Water bottle: (2x uses) cans of drink 1x use

- Antibiotics: (2x uses)

- Pain Killers: (4x uses)

- Wipes: (3x uses)

Just some ideas don't know if anyone else agrees

MartinJ    1

I think of these things as more of an abstract representation of the things they would correspond with in real life. It's much like with for example, toilet paper and chloroform. You wouldn't use the entire roll of toilet paper to chloroform somebody, you'd rip off a piece and fold it to use.

However, you can't expect for things like this to be changed around to more realism. Ultimately, there are far more pressing concerns regarding DayZRP development and while this isn't necessarily a bad idea, it's an idea that changes nothing roleplay wise. If you want to be realistic, you can roleplay using the item (to actually cure your infection) but you can easily roleplay coughing and feeling sick for the entire day, and emote taking more pills. In-game effects will be gone but you can still roleplay it.

The roadblock idea has I believe been discussed before and the conclusion was that Rolle or one of the developers would have to remove all DayZ mapped objects like the roadblocks but also Stary tents etc., because the way DayZ treats them as a single entity (?) or perhaps there is no clear identification of which object is which in the script (?), and then they would have to re-place the things that we do want in-game (like the Stary tents). Which is too much work to be worth it.

kakan    0

The roadblock idea has I believe been discussed before and the conclusion was that Rolle or one of the developers would have to remove all DayZ mapped objects like the roadblocks but also Stary tents etc., because the way DayZ treats them as a single entity (?) or perhaps there is no clear identification of which object is which in the script (?), and then they would have to re-place the things that we do want in-game (like the Stary tents). Which is too much work to be worth it.

It was me who answered that

to say it the easy way. All the objects are tied to the chernarus map. we cant change that file so the only thing we can do is to put in a simple line of code that deletes all the objects that Rocket has put down.

And then manually add new objects to the database as Rolle do with settlements.

We load all the objects when we join the server insted of when we are getting close. and im that way we eliminate the problem. (with alot of objects scattered around chernarus by adding it to the database may cause more lag tho)

Guest Kjordy   
Guest Kjordy

I like both the ideas, a good point about the anti-biotics.

I also support removing some of the debris, I don't think there needs to be THAT much. 60-70% removed doesn't sound like a bad idea. The number of times I've driven my car into a pile of debris only rendering in when I'm right in front of it. >.<