Server time: 2017-08-21, 06:48

Sign in to follow this  
ISWidowMaker

How do you deal with being the only populated camp?

Oh. Dear. Lord!

So... I never went to the Raven's Nest all that much. Too many people, too many kids, too many trolls... the general thing you find in a gathering place when people have nothing better to do.

However... since it is no longer around... everyone seems to be migrating to the Pobeda Dam Free Medic's camp. It's at the point where most of the FM and FMDS spend our time out away from our own home due to the amount of completely retarded crap that is going on non-stop.

Now, I know when the Raven's Nest was up, some people said it should be taken down due to the amount of KOS/RDM/ETC reports made daily about issues that happened there.

Now... It's gone... and when you look at the reports, all you see is a wall of KOS/RDM S2 Pobeda Dam...

Now I know the Raven's Nest will be coming back... but seriously... it cannot happen soon enough. Our semi-peaceful home has become a gathering place for every person on DayZRP who wants to "live it up".

Today alone I have had to shoot 2 people for causing serious issues at the camp, and it's only getting worse. The sheer immaturity that is on display at times almost makes me want to quit playing.

This is supposed to be a ROLE-PLAYING community, yet much of what I see is people who sound like they are 14 years old rolling around in fires and running up to people yelling "SHOW ME YOUR ID NOW!". Sadly, those people are nowhere near the worst of what goes on.

Sometimes I walk into my home, and within 1 minute I have the overwhelming urge to open up and hose down every single person there.

Now I'm not saying everyone who comes there is a bad rper, or only looking for trouble, but even when you find the reasonable people, the only way to communicate sometimes is to ask them in text to come on a hunting trip with you so that you can get away from the noise enough to actually talk to each other.

Any suggestions as to what can be done about removing the troublemakers from the area? Yes, I could initiate on them and tell them to leave or I will shoot... but that will only result in me getting shot. You can ask them to leave, you can strongly suggest that they leave, but no-one is interested until they have KOS rights.

Skippy    4

Record and report people who troll/fuck around. They'll get banned so fast their heads'll spin!

But honestly, you can report people for bad RP/trolling, and the staff will deal with it. It'll be a hassle at first, but the longer you keep at it the better the camp'll get.

Jottar    0

Yea it's sad to see what the FM camp has turned into. I would always come to hang out with you guys and help you out but now that I never see you guys around there and it is just a bunch of people running around not actually rping at all, I see no point to hang around and get killed by the first kid who wants my gun. I really wish something would get done about this but I don't see any other way to do it except Skippys idea of just reporting them for trolling/bad rp. I hope something gets done soon as I miss the peace and quiet of the camp.

Des8559    0

I loved that camp I brought food and knew the medics would help me and if they wanted me on a patrol I was always happy to help. Now they are never there and trying to drop stuff to them and get fixed up is harder and harder to do. Bring back ravens nest.

Osaka    15

Technically I want to allow FM members to execute trolls.

Record, execute, report.

Racist bastards, trolls and likewise kind who disturb proper roleplay at the camp must be recorded, executed, ID'ed and reported.

I'll make sure we handle our zero tolerance policy on trolling. It kills the community and can be punished as such.

We don't need a second Prud. People should really go out and make their own camp.

Nobody goes to S1 anymore. We definitely need a lively camp on S1.

Tomeran    3

Record, execute, report.

Racist bastards, trolls and likewise kind who disturb proper roleplay at the camp must be recorded, executed, ID'ed and reported.

I'll make sure we handle our zero tolerance policy on trolling. It kills the community and can be punished as such.

We don't need a second Prud. People should really go out and make their own camp.

Nobody goes to S1 anymore. We definitely need a lively camp on S1.

Please dont go to S1. :(

I made the outpost on S2 primarily because you guys got Pobeda on S2. Cooperation and all dat.

But yes I agree with the overall point, and I fear for the outpost's future if Pobeda collapses. We need those new settlements very soon.

Terra    1372

I´m not going to the camp since 3 days now. Turns out it was a very good Idea.

I will wait for the settlements. This will be the only solution imo. Things will get better <3

The new settlements need to be added soon, otherwise things at the FM camp will get worse day by day.

Record, execute, report.

If you make this official, FMDS will gladly step into the camp and begin ruling the roost.

We will gladly enforce door guards, require ID to enter (Yes, I know ID is an iffy point RP-wise, but needed for recording and reporting), and warn anyone who steps out of line. If they do not listen, we will gladly order them to leave, and give them a permanent send-off if they do not choose to leave politely.

Ancalagon    0

THe FM camp will be less populated if someone is willin g to implement the camps which are finished.

The problem is, no group here is wants to run a playercamp where they dont have CR rights, but they want to make their own camp, which isnt succuessfull that often.

An yeah, S1 is Dead.

There should be at least 1 Playercamp on S1, but Ravens is gone, thats the big problem.

I would love to claim the nest for the dragons but sadly, it was removed, which we realised when we arrived there after the patch

cazr    0

Record and report people who troll/fuck around. They'll get banned so fast their heads'll spin!

Hex    31

Speaking as someone who has been a CR at Haven and delt with people at Ravens Nest, Its really difficult to say the least, back in the Haven days RSM and sometimes CLF were really never able to leave the Haven because of the sheer number of people coming in and out. The trolls were a given, and actually one of the main reason we implemented the citizenship thing, to keep those who were not serious about RP out. Now that certainly cant apply to the FM camp so you guys have to get creative.

Perhaps have the FMDF set up in better spots for counterattacks ( Because you guys are going to get attacked multiple times, every day but you probably already know this ) and always have someone recording inside the camp. I know its hard, but the pressure should be relieved when the new Nest along with other settlements are put back into the game.

Onionjack    0

I have so much more fun in Elektro. Also it is much safer here.

So is Cherno, I've only met few people when I've been there.

Karchev    0

>cherno

safe place? what on earth. I remember the day it used to be DEVILS PLAYGROUND back in the 80's when DayZ was released.

Elissa    0

I assure you staff is actively wandering there and looking at what is going on. I have been recording things gathering information. I can sympathize with your plight. Our visit there just the other day was less than stellar:

[video=youtube]

High light reel of three guys who didn't know how to leave people alone. Record and report are the best weapons you can have. I try to stop by there at least twice a day and do a check in what is going on. When new camps come out people will have other places to gather and be annoying.

People may wish to consider staff is active. While I am easy to pick out because of my voice other staff members are not. They maybe standing right next to you watching what you are doing. We are taking role play over rule play very seriously. Trolling and ruining others game play for you own personal amusement will not be tolerated.

Ironicman    7

I assure you staff is actively wandering there and looking at what is going on. I have been recording things gathering information. I can sympathize with your plight. Our visit there just the other day was less than stellar:

[video=youtube]

High light reel of three guys who didn't know how to leave people alone. Record and report are the best weapons you can have. I try to stop by there at least twice a day and do a check in what is going on. When new camps come out people will have other places to gather and be annoying.

People may wish to consider staff is active. While I am easy to pick out because of my voice other staff members are not. They maybe standing right next to you watching what you are doing. We are taking role play over rule play very seriously. Trolling and ruining others game play for you own personal amusement will not be tolerated.

Isnt 'white trash' considerd rascism? i think it is

Verry bad rollplay in general or they were just roleplaying as bieng drunk as hell and suicidal for a bullet in the brain

Absolutely pathetic behaviour. I wish the FMDS could be authorized to hand out .44 Caliber innoculations at our discretion.

I think at the moment the camp is less in need of medical supplies, and more in need of trigger happy guards.

[video=youtube]

//That was horrible to watch, the lack of RP was disgusting.

//Also being from the south and all that accent made me cringe! So stereotypical (But all accents really are on this server if not native) Lol Nice try tho :D

Ghost    8

i would say Altar castle could get put on S1 but it all depends on Raven's nest because the 2 can't be on the same server because if anyone takes Altar, Ravens will be in for a rough time with snipers.......