Server time: 2017-10-22, 12:01
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Karchev

Radio?

Question

Karchev    0

So whats the radio for? and is it just roleplaying when people say "use radio to call us backup if you need anything" does that mean I just go to their TS channel and scream, or somehow "pm" them ingame?

Ugh I stupid ugh

5 answers to this question

404notfound    0

Well don't scream, but whenever someone refers to "radio" in game they are talking about TeamSpeak, or Skype, and sometimes the forums. Basically any OOC communication.

Although you cannot use the "Radio" to gain information that your character could not possibly get. For example, if your friend was killed in a firefight he could not then radio you to tell you who killed him, because he is dead. He is still allowed to tell you about him dying, but you can not use the information in character, as there is no way for him to have told you.

Karchev    0

Well don't scream, but whenever someone refers to "radio" in game they are talking about TeamSpeak, or Skype, and sometimes the forums. Basically any OOC communication.

Although you cannot use the "Radio" to gain information that your character could not possibly get. For example, if your friend was killed in a firefight he could not then radio you to tell you who killed him, because he is dead. He is still allowed to tell you about him dying, but you can not use the information in character, as there is no way for him to have told you.

So lets say if I am in trouble, and I still have the radio. I can try contact the clan members by steam, forums, ts or any other OOC way for help

404notfound    0

So lets say if I am in trouble, and I still have the radio. I can try contact the clan members by steam, forums, ts or any other OOC way for help

TeamSpeak is the best way to do it but yes, as long as no one says "Drop your radio" or takes the in-game radio item, (not sure if this has been implemented yet, haven't been on in a bit) then you can contact your clan members for help.

Terra    1449

It would be like that in general:

- You get robbed of your Radio.

- You mute yourself in Ts.

- When the conversation ingame is over, you can unmute yourself in Ts.

- You are allowed to talk to your friends in Ts again BUT ONLY OOC. (if they ask you what happen, you can say OOC: "I have no Radio, I can´t tell")

- You are not allowed to tell your friends what happend to you ingame.

- You have to find INGAME a new Radio.

- THEN you are allowed to tell your friends IC what happend to you. (keep the revenge-Time in mind)

You spawn with a Radio and you can find Radios ingame.

I hope this example will help you.

<3

Terra

Karchev    0

Thanks for very accurate explanation, 2 hours wait for yeah.

Gotta save some radios to hidden stashes.