Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:06

Sign in to follow this  
Anubian

DayZRP Epoch Server

Do you think this should be trialed on say a test server?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this should be trialed on say a test server?

Anubian    1

Recently I have been taking a small break from DayZRP while the bugs are being sorted with the new patch and have rediscovered the DayZ Epoch mod.

I have done a search and all the other Epoch related threads ( two of them ) did not have really have any staff feedback.

"DayZ Epoch is set in a future time after the Great Infection. Humanity is slowly returning to the wasteland, industrious survivors have begun to join together in small groups and rebuild society. Small camps of merchants have started to pop up to do business with survivors who collect goods from the wasted remnants of civilization. Wholesalers have landed on the shores offering imported goods to aid the rebuilding effort.

All is not safe however some vestiges of infection still remain and rogue bandits still roam the countryside preying on unsuspecting survivors.

Survive, explore, build wealth, make your way through the harsh environment and assist in the effort to rebuild, or burn it all down its your choice, live in the Epoch."

Anyways I have found Epoch to be the most fun I have had in a long time in the last few days that I have tried it. It gives the opportunity for players to build their own bases where they want and when they want as well as providing a certain type of security such as being able to lock a door, a safe or even a car if you buy one.

It is not as much of a cluster as you may think as to make any type of wall or building it takes a LOT of resources. This means it requires many people to work together, it took me 3 days to make 18 cinderblock walls that are not that big and it was only because the server had 300 vehicles that you could sell activated, I also had the help of 8 other clan members to do this.

To further reduce cluster, building decay can be enabled which means after a few days or whatever limit an object will despawn if not 'maintained' which means repairing it with scrap metal or the like. It is also enabled that you cannot build a base directly on a road and I heard you can disable base building in towns if need be.

The mod is also Open Source which I assume means the server files can be edited and changed to meet any DayzRp standards if needed as well. As for lag, I was playing on a German server as an Australian and did not receive any FPS drops aside from the time a teammate crashed a helicopter in our garage and blew up 12 vehicles accidentally.

http://puu.sh/4OCkr.jpg

What I am hoping to achieve with this thread is a test server for DayzRp with Epoch enabled to see how the community fares in it and if it something we can incorporate into the full mod. Base building makes the game 100x more fun rather than simply making one in armory and sending it in.

I am unsure if I am allowed to link the mod itself so you can google Epoch if you need more info.

http://puu.sh/4OCe8.jpg

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

Me and John who have recently had enough of DayZRP said that we would greatly enjoy playing DayZRP if it was Epoch, as that is our main mod now.

Tortov    0

Love the idea. +1.

As long as we don't have the same problem we had with Origins.

Lockmar    0

+1 Clan settlements can finally be built in an RP sense, Also: Taverns, proper Taverns.

No. Too much lag when base building. And it just ruins RP having actual buyers around who are never attacked by zombies.

Anubian    1

No. Too much lag when base building. And it just ruins RP having actual buyers around who are never attacked by zombies.

Buyers can be removed and replaced by the community with other means such as the trading system that currently takes place in dayzrp. Also I play on a server that has bases everywhere with little to no lag, thats the reason why I am proposing it on a test server to see how the lag goes.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Only problem I see if that everyone will just head up north and hide to build a base. Be hard to actually come across people to RP.

Recki    1

You still have to go to other places to get building materials and shit :P

EpicRaptor    0

I was gonna support this at first, but after thinking about it I'm not sure if I would like it too much.

+1

Alan Woods    3

Love the idea. +1.

As long as we don't have the same problem we had with Origins.

Epoch is free to use by everyone.

And I want this!

Tamaster92    14

If nothing else it would be fun to have up for a while like the arma 3 wasteland server.

Epoch is probably the best mod I've played that's dayz

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

Could you imagine the clan warfare? Base vs Base, would be awesome.

It is a very good idea as Clans can have their own bases and lock weapons and supplys away. This will give the RP a much better game. Because the settlement are good but they aren't really RP if you haven't created them yourself. This gives Clans to go to war with each other if bases are raided or clans are fighting each other because of initiations.

Only thing I would be worried about is the LAV's and such

Rolle    2473

Meh, I don't think we have a playerbase to support another server? It would just empty the other ones even more.

Never played Epoch though, so I don't really know. If we host one you won't be able to use the skins from donation exchange too.

Cedrea    1

Meh, I don't think we have a playerbase to support another server? It would just empty the other ones even more.

Never played Epoch though, so I don't really know. If we host one you won't be able to use the skins from donation exchange too.

It would be laggy and the whole 'building' would get abused and would make no RP sense.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Go play epoch and you will see how fun it is, i assure you it will get the player base

All those who are saying its laggy have you even played it? I have very shit internet and my PC is not that good yet i still manage to play at a good FPS, usually better than what i get on DayZRP.

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

What was the problem with origins?

+1 from me :)

Alan Woods    3

It would be laggy and the whole 'building' would get abused and would make no RP sense.

There is no such thing as lag in Epoch(especially from the buidlings).