Server time: 2017-10-19, 20:06
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpfrags

Why was the dance option added?

Question

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

I thought I would log on DayZRP with the hope of having some actual decent roleplay in order to restore my faith in this mod.

I ran to the homestead, to witness the biggest role play disaster known to me so far, dancing.

As soon as I enter, it's not only all extremely half-assed RP from the get go, but the dancing just topped it off.

Blaring ridiculous music throughout the camp, an extreme amount of OOC to get people to dance for a video and just terrible RP in general based around the dancing.

*Screams* 'Are you ready for the *** to raise the roof up in here?!'

'Time for a dance battle!'

Were personal highlights. Maybe it's just a personal opinion.

42 answers to this question

dave_owns    0

Dancing was added? Since when the hell was this added? Sounds cool, but if people are going to use it for this, then I don't think its very productive to the mod...

Guest Brāy   
Guest Brāy

I just stay away from player bases there a mess. Something needs to change soon my faith is draining slowly but surely

Major Tom    88

I've had some fun with it every now and then. Just chilling with friends and dancing around a fire is really fun sometimes. However, in a popular area such as the FM camp I can see how it would be seen as trolling. Perhaps limit dancing to certain types of fires only? I don't know.

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

Removing it straight up would be my suggestion. It's ridiculous.

I really hope that DayZRP can improve.

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

Yh sorry that was us, i'd admit that was some crap RP and its not gonna happen again

It's not like you are the only ones who will be doing this.

Guest willpod1   
Guest willpod1

Yeah we were dancing there. There was only 3 of us though. I did get bored and ran out to live in the woods. :D

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

Yeah we were dancing there. There was only 3 of us though. I did get bored and ran out to live in the woods. :D

Could you not derail the thread please.

Yh sorry that was us, i'd admit that was some crap RP and its not gonna happen again

It's not like you are the only ones who will be doing this.

true but we were involved, and its not just you i agree, not really something you would be doing in a zombie apocalypse, and i take responsibility for me and my clans actions. And the "Dance" will and is being abused for the wrong reasons.

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

Just got sent this on teamspeak, this is part of the event.

[video=youtube]

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

No fun allowed?

Just a tiny bit fun?

No? :(

NO

Matt    24

Just got sent this on teamspeak, this is part of the event.

[video=youtube]

Well that was fast lol

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

No fun allowed?

Just a tiny bit fun?

It's a disaster.

I appreciate the work admins/devs do for this mod to make it more enjoyable, but this, this

Don't blame the function, blame the users IMO.

Yup, but with a function like this, this is going to happen with every user.

Rolle    2946

Not every user, it gives proper RP opportunities as well. It was a proof of concept too, we will be adding more animations to different objects soon.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Not every user, it gives proper RP opportunities as well. It was a proof of concept too, we will be adding more animations to different objects soon.

But that video proves that the vast majority of uses dont use it well. The video looked like trolling to me.

Seriously though guys what is this? That video pretty much sums up the roleplay on the server...

Yeah it might be funny to watch for some, for others its a pathetic excuse for roleplay. Its supposed to be a zombie Apocalypse, you are supposed to be striving to survive, fearing for your life, not dancing around a fire playing music in the middle of the woods. Thats not roleplay thats trolling.

There is so many things in that video i could question.

Sometimes i feel like this is a server with just certain rules rather than a roleplay server. Other roleplay communities come down hard on poor roleplay, yet sadly its a common sight here...

yep it might offer better RP but as seen in the video, its going to create lots more worse RP as it will be abused rather than good RP.

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

I can't see it providing proper RP opportunities at all imo.

In what situation would you all dance around a fire like a complete dick in a zombie apocalypse?

Herr    0

In what situation would you all dance around a fire like a complete dick in a zombie apocalypse?

There can be moments of happiness in every post apocalyptic scenario.

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

I guess it fits the current standard of roleplay on the server.

Herr    0

There can be moments of happiness in every post apocalyptic scenario.

Like stumbling across your favourite audio tape from before the apocalypse.

Exactly, just because the world has gone to shit doesn't mean you can't have moments of happiness

Chloe    0

No fun allowed?

Just a tiny bit fun?

what is this fun you speak of?