Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:41
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
MyNameIsCallen

Official The Elder Scrolls Thread

TES APPRECIATION POST

I recently went and bought the "The Elder Scrolls: Anthology" for PC, Because I love the games. I just wanted to know how you guys feel about the game, favorite memories, best part of the games. This is just a post for our community to show appreciation to a great franchise. :D

Slute    1

How bout just Bethesda in General! Gotta love fallout too.

How bout just Bethesda in General! Gotta love fallout too.

Fair point, I do love Fallout. :P

I've lost interest in TES while they told that you will need to pay monthly to play Online.

Let's just try and forget about online in this thread haha, Bethesda might report us for flame-posting :D

404notfound    0

I'm really not a fan of Skyrim. I feel like its really shallow and lacks interesting story or gameplay. The mere fact that the average NPC only has 2 lines of dialogue is proof of that for me.

I do love Morrowind and Oblivion however, and I'm really looking forward to SkyWind.

Guest Daniel Millar   
Guest Daniel Millar

Oblivion is great, really vibrant, unique miscellaneous quests and weapons, a main quest that you actually want to play again.

Morrowind looks great, BUT IF IM STANDING RIGHT INFRONT OF SOMEONE AND SWINGING A GOD DAMN BATTLE AXE, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO HIT WHATEVER IM LOOKING AT WITHOUT HAVING TO RELY ON A RANDOM CHANCE.

Skyrim is cool, great modding community, good story, not one that's would have much replay value, though the dungeons get repetitive, and fighting Draugr got stale after Bleak Falls. The color pallet is very dull and boring, but I guess that fits Skyrim.

I'll be buying ESO, see if its any good, or just a carbon copy of WoW.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Morrowind, the best one ever!

J0kk3    0

Morrowind was great, Oblivion was okay, and Skyrim was good.

Morrowind was actually the first game I started getting mods for (and learned that games could be modded), so I guess Morrowind is, at the very bottom, the reason I'm here today!

Livs    0

I have a serious nostalgic relation to Morrowind. Everytime I hear the theme I want to play it again...

[video=youtube]

Yet I have never completed the game, or even gotten very far. That nostalgic feeling just keeps making me want to go back to it :P

Oblivion is an amazing game too, and the combat was really nice compared to the combat in Morrowind, however Morrowind's combat is unique in that way and more "traditional rpg", if you can call it that. The story in Oblivion is probably the best of all the recent TES games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim), however gameplay wise Skyrim wins.

I've spent a lot of time in Skyrim. The world is so full of things to do that it never gets boring, and when it gets boring, you just download mods which gives you even more fun :P Skyrim really allows you to delve into the world and the story, which I really really enjoyed.

Guest ash   
Guest ash

I've lost interest in TES while they told that you will need to pay monthly to play Online.

Online isn't even developed by Bethesda (Makers of TES) the two games (TES series and TESO) have nothing to do with each other besides shared lore.

Guest Kjordy   
Guest Kjordy

Bethesda are my favourite gaming company of all time! Every game they make is brilliant. Really looking forward to Fallout 4. ESO is probably going to be an MMO I give a shot, they're not really my forte though. Oblivion was great! They were developing Prey 2 for a while, I was pretty gutted when it never came out, and they stopped developing it. The trailer looked sick!

Guest Nova   
Guest Nova

Morrowind is da bes.

The game is packed with unique and interesting side-quests (unlike the "go fetch me 10 of these" or "go kill him and come back"), loaded with culture, and has an expansive unique landscape filled with awesome creatures. There were always some caves or shacks in the middle of nowhere with a cool weapon inside that has its very own modeling, name and enchantment.

Don't even get me started about the great AI.

Tomeran    3

I disliked Oblivion. Maybe it was because I played it over console(uuuugh), but it really didnt do it for me.

Skyrim however was very impressive.

I might actually give ESO a proper shot, assuming it gives me a good opportunity to immerse myself in the world.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

I have a serious nostalgic relation to Morrowind. Everytime I hear the theme I want to play it again...

[video=youtube]

Yet I have never completed the game, or even gotten very far. That nostalgic feeling just keeps making me want to go back to it :P

Oblivion is an amazing game too, and the combat was really nice compared to the combat in Morrowind, however Morrowind's combat is unique in that way and more "traditional rpg", if you can call it that. The story in Oblivion is probably the best of all the recent TES games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim), however gameplay wise Skyrim wins.

I've spent a lot of time in Skyrim. The world is so full of things to do that it never gets boring, and when it gets boring, you just download mods which gives you even more fun :P Skyrim really allows you to delve into the world and the story, which I really really enjoyed.

Woah woah, woah! Complete it! Morrowind has a better story line then oblivion, complete it and you will see! Also the soundtrack is the best out of all of them.

Morrowind is such a beautiful game, and is second in my all time favorite games. There is so much to do. You can easily explore Oblivion and Skyrim and start to feel like you know all the area like the back of your own hand. But Morrowind is bigger, and better, install all the graphic mods and try and run a whole play through. It will not be a waste of time.

[video=youtube]

This, I have played it so many times, just never completed the story.

And Skyrim is great with mods in it too.

Clintbet    0

Woah woah, woah! Complete it! Morrowind has a better story line then oblivion, complete it and you will see! Also the soundtrack is the best out of all of them.

Morrowind is such a beautiful game, and is second in my all time favorite games. There is so much to do. You can easily explore Oblivion and Skyrim and start to feel like you know all the area like the back of your own hand. But Morrowind is bigger, and better, install all the graphic mods and try and run a whole play through. It will not be a waste of time.

[video=youtube]

All above is quoted because of truth

Livs    0

But Morrowind is bigger, and better, install all the graphic mods and try and run a whole play through. It will not be a waste of time.

Which mods do you recommend? I was looking around, but some of them seem quite dodgy.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

But Morrowind is bigger, and better, install all the graphic mods and try and run a whole play through. It will not be a waste of time.

Which mods do you recommend? I was looking around, but some of them seem quite dodgy.

Here's 2.

Morrowind Overhaul.

DL Links: http://www.ornitocopter.net/v3-0-release/

"Basically MO is a “compilation” of the best mods out there, packed together with care for detail and user-friendliness. In fact you will be able to install hundreds of beautiful mods at once, with a simple installer designed by us with simplicity in mind.

Another thing that I have to mention is the attention to create something that keeps the Morrowind’s feeling intact. That’s why we tried to choose only the mods that were really well made and faithful to the original colours and environment."

Not sure if this mod contains adult content or not, i.e nude mods.

Screenshot of MO

41808-1296413411.jpg

Or if it's two hard on the computer there is Morrowind Graphics Extender

Morrowind Graphics Extender

DL Link: http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/5535/?tab=1&navtag=%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D5535%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Screenshot of MGE

5535-3-1284911675.jpg

Nexusmods is an awesome site for Mods!

Livs    0

I tried the first one... But the installer is insanely dodgy, and it gave me errors. And because of the crappy installer, my mouse/keyboard was stuck when the error appeared, so I had to manually restart my pc ... Super annoying.