Remove Ammo Indicater

Do you want this implemented?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this implemented?

• Yes, seems like a good idea
    • No, Fuck you and your idea
    • Yes, but needs changes(explain!)

PCJames    151

Think of the ammo indicator at the top right of your monitor. Then think of a real soldier would always know how much ammo he had to the exact bullet? On most cases people would answer no to this. Now sure you could possibly know how much mags you have left, but never the exact amount of bullet. Now sure you count each individual bullet you should but when you are in a fierce firefight are you going to be concentrating on your targets, or the amount of bullets you shoot?

This would bring a better RP experience and make the server even more realistic.

Think of the ammo indicator at the top right of your monitor. Then think of a real soldier would always know how much ammo he had to the exact bullet? On most cases people would answer no to this. Now sure you could possibly know how much mags you have left, but never the exact amount of bullet. Now sure you count each individual bullet you should but when you are in a fierce firefight are you going to be concentrating on your targets, or the amount of bullets you shoot?

This would bring a better RP experience and make the server even more realistic.

Jesus, god, no.

No.

"Then think of a real soldier would always know how much ammo he had to the exact bullet?"

Likely, yes. I'm sure there are many soldiers who have been conditioned to keep count of their shots fired. Without that knowledge, they are likely going to be out of ammo when they need their weapon the most.

At any rate, this is a game. Not real life. We don't need to go SUPR TAKTIKAL HARDKORE!!1 especially not in the most cluttered and confusing things like a firefight.

Chaznar    0

I admit this would add realism, but what does it add to RP?

I don't feel less immersed knowing how many bullets I have, and it doesn't add much for being able to RP with others. I don't know... doesn't seem that important to me.

PCJames    151

Jesus, god, no.

No.

"Then think of a real soldier would always know how much ammo he had to the exact bullet?"

Likely, yes. I'm sure there are many soldiers who have been conditioned to keep count of their shots fired. Without that knowledge, they are likely going to be out of ammo when they need their weapon the most.

At any rate, this is a game. Not real life. We don't need to go SUPR TAKTIKAL HARDKORE!!1 especially not in the most cluttered and confusing things like a firefight.

Yes, but would your regular civilian be trained to know his bullets shot?

MartinJ    1

Nobody in the world can actually count their bullets in a firefight. Hell it's hard to do it even at a firing range (that's all my experience admittedly). We have a few people here on the forums who have seen live action AFAIK so they might be able to say more.

What I think ArmA does have (or am I thinking of some other game???) is an indicator replaced with "Full", "About half", "Low" and "Empty", which is how ACTUAL soldiers work - they know the weight of the weapon with roughly these amounts of ammo and it's basically guesswork. That's what's realistic and makes sense.

However ultimately I don't see a problem with having an exact count in-game, anyway.

Rolle    2440

It's a good idea, but if we want to start making the game more realistic, I'd begin with making the servers 1st person view only and we know what community thinks about that. The ammo count is fairly small addition if you compare the two.

Guest Kjordy   
Guest Kjordy

Jesus, god, no.

No.

Yes, but would your regular civilian be trained to know his bullets shot?

No, likely not. But I don't play a joe-shmoe. I'm hardcore super ninja paratrooper badass McGee.

Seriously though. This doesn't provide any roleplay value. It'd be like removing the food and drink meter. We have no alternative way of knowing when our character's are hungry, and we have no alternative way of knowing how many shots we've fired.

Not everyone is knowledgeable about this game. Not everyone knows how many bullets to a magazines. It'd just be overly complicated and I doubt it's possible to begin with, as an integral part of ARMA.

Ironicman    7

Nobody in the world can actually count their bullets in a firefight. Hell it's hard to do it even at a firing range

All the veterans i spoke to could even in auto mode

MartinJ    1

Nobody in the world can actually count their bullets in a firefight. Hell it's hard to do it even at a firing range

All the veterans i spoke to could even in auto mode

haha ok

Please no, I don't want to run into a place and get stuck in a room where a zombie blocks me in and I go to shot him but have no ammo because I cant see it.

Ironicman    7

Please no, I don't want to run into a place and get stuck in a room where a zombie blocks me in and I go to shot him but have no ammo because I cant see it.

Tip

when there is no loud sound then it means you need to switch mags

Chaznar    0

It's a good idea, but if we want to start making the game more realistic, I'd begin with making the servers 1st person view only and we know what community thinks about that. The ammo count is fairly small addition if you compare the two.

Really? Damn

I'd love forced first person, if only to force ME to do it.

Tip

Well you can't switch mags when you have none...

Ironicman    7

Tip

Well you can't switch mags when you have none...

thats why you always do a gear check when you stand still more then 3 seconds ^_^

thats why you always do a gear check when you stand still more then 3 seconds ^_^

I guess but that will get annoying. Plus I don't want to do that while getting chased by zombies. :P

simiskovich    0

IF it were to be added, I'd prefer it to be like the ACE system, where it says if the mag feels 'heavy' 'light' or 'empty'

Ironicman    7

I guess but that will get annoying. Plus I don't want to do that while getting chased by zombies. :P

its what they do in the army youknow its basic drill depending on the rets time you recieve but i mean like when not getting chased lol

Perhaps right click the clip and it will show how many bullets are in that clip? Just thought of that.

Paddy Mayne    0

I've had my officer literally shove me against a wall during a live firing exercise and ask how many rounds and mags I have.

At first it was "I dunno sir"

Now it's more like "TWELVE PLUS FIVE MAGS SIR!"

Just saying, even cadets get taught to count ammo :P

IF it were to be added, I'd prefer it to be like the ACE system, where it says if the mag feels 'heavy' 'light' or 'empty'

Now this dude, this is whats up.

Let's get some support for this dude.

Osaka    15

The G36 has translucent magazines. Just because when you are trying not to die, you might forget about your bullet count sometimes.