Server time: 2017-10-19, 11:04
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
dave_owns

Increasing number of "Leaving" threads

dave_owns    0

Has anyone noticed the increasing amount of veteran players of this wonderful community leaving? Why do you think this is or why is it happening? Leave your thoughts.

(P.S. Saw a post about this topic on a leaving thread. Thought I might as well make a thread based around the subject for people to discuss).

PCJames    202

It's their own decision and we should respect that, though we will miss them they did willingly for reasons of their own.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Ill tell you whats increasing, the number of threads about people leaving :/

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Nothing lasts forever.

dave_owns    0

Wat? The thread is about this! xD

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Ive seen so many threads lately about people who have left, and by that i dont mean the people who make the leaving threads i mean threads like this one (about people leaving)

dave_owns    0

It's their own decision and we should respect that, though we will miss them they did willingly for reasons of their own.

Well I know, and i'm glad you feel this way. But, I, as many others probably, want a reason. Is the community dieing? Or are people getting bored of it? I don't know. That's why I made this thread. :)

Ive seen so many threads lately about people who have left, and by that i dont mean the people who make the leaving threads i mean threads like this one (about people leaving)

Ahh.. I see. I haven't seen any?

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Well I know, and i'm glad you feel this way. But, I, as many others probably, want a reason. Is the community dieing? Or are people getting bored of it? I don't know. That's why I made this thread. :)

Ahh.. I see. I haven't seen any?

Seen quite a few, not just about leaving but about perma banned players

MartinJ    1

The first question you should ask before you start a new topic:

"What is it that I hope to achieve?"

In this topic, there's no result nor resolution, and thus it is pointless. End.

Jamma    4

Already said something about this on another thread.

Why is everyone leaving now? goodbye 07

Because it's not good.

What I wrote

I figured I'd post what I have been wanting to post for a while and I guess here/ now is a good place/ opportunity.

I think people are getting sick of DayZRP because it's not being played correctly. It is really annoying for me to see all the Formal Reports that go up because of Bad RP or KOS or breaking NLR etc. I want to play DayZRP and be part of this community for RP alone and if other people felt the same, there wouldn't be any reports going up. People should value this game/mod because of the RP aspect involved and if they are going to abuse that they should go play elsewhere. Also, some of the quality of RP as of recent has been very poor. A lot of pure stupidity. The number of times I have experienced some civilian bandit coming up behind me with their makarov and try to rob me with my AR is too high. It is stupid. Anyway wrote this in a bit of an angry state but there is my 2 cents.

It's sad that some many people are leaving but this is why, I'm thinking.

o7 Andy

dave_owns    0

I've already said that all I wan't is for people to discuss it. In fact, if people are going to argue over why I even made the thread, and didn't read as to why I made it, then just take the damn thing down. Easy peazy. :)

MartinJ    1

I've already said that all I wan't is for people to discuss it.

Which is exactly why this is pointless, sorry. If there can be no resolution to a discussion than the discussion itself lacks its worth. A debate for the sake of a debate is futile.

dave_owns    0

Which is exactly why this is pointless, sorry. If there can be no resolution to a discussion than the discussion itself lacks its worth. A debate for the sake of a debate is futile.

If that's how you feel, then great. But others might not feel the same, and might actually want to discuss something where people can see it, am I correct? Just be a little more considerate, is all i'm asking for.

Rolle    2940

I'll quote what I said in the staff chat:

5 leaving threads get attention, 100 joining ones don't. It's kinda like Stalin said: "One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.".

The community is far from dying, many new people join DayZRP every day, in a few months they will be the ones driving the community forward.

Chaznar    0

Nothing lasts forever, inevitably people who cannot find new ways to enjoy the game will leave. Plenty of people leave normal DayZ when they grow tired of it, there's nothing different here. With a lot of old people leaving, it just leaves room for new interesting RPers to take notice and become the new veterans.

The youth take over the roles of the old, as it is in reality.

You assume this is a debate, why can people not discuss something without there being a conclusion? People talk about television shows without debating the show's worth, people discuss their beliefs without necessarily having to conclude that one is better than the other. If you don't want to be a part of a discussion, don't try and stop it, just don't be part of it.

dave_owns    0

5 leaving threads get attention, 100 joining ones don't. It's kinda like Stalin said: "One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic.".

The community is far from dying, many new people join DayZRP every day, in a few months they will be the ones driving the community forward.

Glad to see some feedback from the master himself! xD. You're probably right. I do think people over-react a tad, when it comes to leaving threads. But, I'm just saying, that in today, I've seen a total of probably 5 or more just browsing the threads. And yeah, there is probably a lot more people joining, then leaving, so the numbers would stay the same anyway. But doesn't this sort of mean the RP might not be as good?

Athan    7

Very true...

To be honest I just think of it as kind of a new generation.

dave_owns    0

Nothing lasts forever, inevitably people who cannot find new ways to enjoy the game will leave. Plenty of people leave normal DayZ when they grow tired of it, there's nothing different here. With a lot of old people leaving, it just leaves room for new interesting RPers to take notice and become the new veterans.

The youth take over the roles of the old, as it is in reality.

You assume this is a debate, why can people not discuss something without there being a conclusion? People talk about television shows without debating the show's worth, people discuss their beliefs without necessarily having to conclude that one is better than the other. If you don't want to be a part of a discussion, don't try and stop it, just don't be part of it.

TomG    0

In a few months they will be forgotten. Back in May when i joined i cannot remember a single person who left or joined. The mod is strong, the mod will grow, the mod will survive a few people leaving. This is just a generation leaving and a new generation joining. In a few months the same may happen and a few people leaving will cause uproar, we wont die now and we wont die then.

MartinJ    1
I do think people over-react a tad, when it comes to leaving threads.

I think I'll make my own topic reacting to leaving threads

You probably haven't lived long enough to know that actually, any discussion anywhere, the participants will always look for a conclusion especially if public.

dave_owns    0

I do think people over-react a tad, when it comes to leaving threads.

I think I'll make my own topic reacting to leaving threads

You probably haven't lived long enough to know that actually, any discussion anywhere, the participants will always look for a conclusion especially if public.

If you're not going to discuss the subject, then don't comment on the topic. Please.

You obviously haven't heard of philosophy. I recently had a very fun discussion with ZeroXiz about racism [in DayZRP]. It was already clear that the rule wouldn't change, thus you could say it "lacked its worth", but it was a good discussion nonetheless.

I do not see the problem with this thread. In here, people can discuss a number of things. They can discuss what might be the cause of people leaving. They can discuss what kind of people are leaving and how that is relevant. They can discuss if it is a problem at all. I don't know what kind of "resolution" you are expecting, but if people think it's interesting to dicsuss these matters, let them.

Mikachu    26

Personally I think the reason for is is twofold.

One is that the rules and gameplay have been getting stricter and stricter and this has caused some big members to get banned.

This second is that these members were all part of a group, different clans but they all played together and fought each other and became friends/enemies. When some of them get banned they find themselves at a loss. Like what happened with IRA, as soon as Winslow, shekel and Lewis left the clan fell apart. You'd be surprised what losing a friend or two can do towards your willingness to participate.

Sidewinder    1

I personally see the experience and rp diminishing...

I'm no longer getting the "buzz" or "kick" I used to and starting to find RP as a drag. One big big problem is the community, we are getting people who will report you for the smallest thing just to get you punished or banned.

It's the community that makes this mod but with the current one... Nah, not for me.