Do you agree?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (Post improvements)

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I know this is a controversial topic, but hear me out.

With all these people leaving, and the increase of reports daily, it seems apparent that the quality of the community and the mod itself is decaying, with people being banned daily, and others hacking etc. they all seem to be the newest members. [Not being stereotypical, but 99% of the time, it is new people]

So what I am suggesting is we temporarily postpone apps 100%, and/or make the whole application process a ton harder. I think this should happen to stop the people who join purely to troll, and break rules. The number people who do not understand the rules and lack immaturity, are increasing daily. I think the majority of people who have been here a while would probably agree.

Another way to stop rule breakers and people who are wrecking the community, is that people should have to have a verbal interview on TS with a staff member, I know this would equate to needing more staff and/or giving current staff more work, but eventually, it would stop immature and rule breakers joining.

Tell me what you all think of these ideas, feel free to give me constructive feedback, and please post your honest opinions as replies!

Thanks for reading.

Rolle    2930

The process is quite complicated as it is. Some people have been waiting for over 2 months to get their application handled (often declined). We still have about 650 to handle in the queue, mostly from last month.

The staff does not have the resources to interview every single person, we could have done that a year ago when DayZRP consisted of a few hundred players, but not now.

I think a more strict application will not make things better, bad applications get rejected even now.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

The process is quite complicated as it is. Some people have been waiting for over 2 months to get their application handled (often declined). We still have about 650 to handle in the queue, mostly from last month.

The staff does not have the resources to interview every single person, we could have done that a year ago when DayZRP consisted of a few hundred players, but not now.

I understand this, but maybe include tougher requirements and maybe even proof of age, because I don't believe that half the people that say they are like 17 are actually any older than 14.

As for the rule-breakers, something needs to change in the whitelist/rules to stop this, because the lack of RP and KoS reports are on the rise.

MartinJ    1

Verbal interviews don't really work for those who really harm a community in the end. All those rulebreakers... they end up getting banned eventually. The people who cause harm to community are those who can skirt the rules, argue their case and get away with it. Much like with interviews for a company, these people can easily pass through the screening process. Those people you will never get rid of even if you have the strictest application process possible.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

What if we were to postpone the whitelist fully, until the community has stabilized?

Reptile449    0

Actually, most of the people being banned for hacking/ taking advantage of game mechanics are long term members.

Chris    63

More reports? I can remember a time when the first page of reports was all unsolved.

:D

I feel old.

Guest Daniel Millar   
Guest Daniel Millar

This is pointless, doing this would put off people with potential to be good role players.

If people come on to troll? Let them troll, they will get reported, they will be banned, it's not like they're coming in droves.

I personally don't care about the age of the role players, what do they do to you? If they break the rules, they'll get banned. Having young sounding players really isn't a big deal, as long as they follow the rules, I could care less about what they do.

What if we were to postpone the whitelist fully, until the community has stabilized?

Guest Daniel Millar   
Guest Daniel Millar

*snip* Epic edit failure.

Caesar    438

The whitelist really has nothing to do with the supposed instability of the server. Some people have decided to leave and some have come. I wouldn't even say more than usual have left just some more of the more recognizable faces in the community. Over time new people will become recognizable and the cycle will continue.

Osaka    19

I think everybody deserves a chance.

The whitelist seems difficult enough as it is. Most applicants are denied anyway. That says something about the difficulty. However, we should also be more swift when it comes to giving too much chances.

Trolls and lying about age should be thoroughly dealt with. We have a lot of people waiting in line as well.