Server time: 2017-08-23, 17:45

Sign in to follow this  
PCJames

Let us Salute our Fallen Friends

PCJames    167

Over the past couple months I've noticed too many people leaving or getting banned. I think in all respect these people deserve a thread in their honor. Comment old memories or just a word of these thanks to these people who built DayZRP up and left it to grow on its own.

Sky

Slip

AndyPandy

woodzie

Winslow Barrington

Wookiebookie

Ethanorg

(I'm sure there are many more I should mention, comment the MAJOR ones I have forgotten and I'll be sure to update the list)

AndyPandy! you forgot AndyPandy

The only salute Winslow needs is to the face with a chair. The guy is taking the piss and exploiting every possibility he can to make the staff do unnecessary work and talk nothing but shit.

The only salute Winslow needs is to the face with a chair. The guy is taking the piss and exploiting every possibility he can to make the staff do unnecessary work and talk nothing but shit.

This thread isn't for you to be butthurt about how much you hate someone, it's meant to be something nice, so don't try and derail it.

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

Gona' miss some of the lads.

Edit: Hey, let's salute my hero, John The Bear.

Slute    1

Slip gave me a copy of Battlefield 3 in one of his giveaways. And for that he will be forever missed :(

naury42    0

Slip gave me a copy of Battlefield 3 in one of his giveaways. And for that he will be forever missed :(

Got that too! :(

Some lads will be missed!

Rolle    2469

I don't think we should be giving permabanned people salutes and respect threads in their memory, or am I the only one here that cares about the community and the rules and wants to protect it at all costs?

Soren    0

Gona' miss some of the lads.

Let's salute tpfrags, who managed to get off the list! :D

MartinJ    1

I don't think we should be giving permabanned people salutes and respect threads in their memory, or am I the only one here that cares about the community and the rules and wants to protect it at all costs?

It's unfortunate but you should get used to it. Faux martyrdom is very commonplace among communities like these. I always had this belief that threads like these should be locked immediately, along with a short "press release" giving a short reasoning as to why these people were banned and making a clear statement that this was not up to discussion. This was seen as very radical in the communities I was privy to, though...

Then again, you don't have it that bad. I haven't seen a signature with #UnbanWookiebookie or something along those lines yet. And that's easily not even the furthest I've seen the pretend martyrdom go.

It's not that.

A lot of these people we regard as friends. Them doing something bad isn't a cause for us to just hate them.

If any of your IRL friends went to prison, would you not want to pay them respects, regardless of their crimes?

Mikasa    2

If any of your IRL friends went to prison, would you not want to pay them respects, regardless of their crimes?

I'm just going to say; Hell naw. It may depend on the situation, but if someone I'd call my friend fucked up and let's say, murdered someone. I wouldn't pay him/her any damn respects :|

Tortov    0

Sky you will be missed. Slip & Wookie, the oppositie. Woodzie, I'm not taking goodbye threads serious anymore (jerry,winslow,kilgore), so I assume youll be back soon. Andypandi and Ethanorg, couldnt care less.

Nice.

Reptile449    0

Slip could be a bit of an idiot, but he did manage to get the community together for a massive game giveaway which I think deserves respect. Didn't know Ethan or John had left either, John always brought a smile to my face and a bullet in my knee cap and Ethan was a good man in the short time I knew him in Duty.

I'm just going to say; Hell naw. It may depend on the situation, but if someone I'd call my friend fucked up and let's say, murdered someone. I wouldn't pay him/her any damn respects :|

Then i'm inclined to call you a shitty friend.

They're people you've had good experiences with, people who've made you laugh, who've likely made you feel better when you were down.

You're paying respects to the person you knew, not the crime they committed.

Sky you will be missed. Slip & Wookie, the oppositie. Woodzie, I'm not taking goodbye threads serious anymore (jerry,winslow,kilgore), so I assume youll be back soon. Andypandi and Ethanorg, couldnt care less.

Why dont you make a leaving thread so you can find out how many people actually don't like you.

Ooooooooooooohhhh! Burn! xD

What are all these guys most famous quotes?

I may or may not want to put a quote from one these guys in my signature.

Why dont you make a leaving thread so you can find out how many people actually don't like you.

Stay mad.

Two words for you all. Grow up.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about when people are either leaving by their volition or breaking the rules. Their actions, if they are ban worthy offences, weren't respectful to the community so why should we commemorate them.

For those who have left because they want to move on, fair enough, good luck to you. Hope to see you again soon. They've made their thread, a place for people to say goodbye but putting them all into the same category in one thread just seems a little odd.

Goodness knows how many more pointless; 'I'm leaving' *crosses fingers and hope people love me* 'Oh I'm back again' threads there have been. If you're going to go to the trouble of making a huge leaving thread then have the conviction to leave. Don't turn around a day or two later proclaiming your return, smells a little desperate.

Jerry    19

Stay mad.

Two words for you all. Grow up.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about when people are either leaving by their volition or breaking the rules. Their actions, if they are ban worthy offences, weren't respectful to the community so why should we commemorate them.

For those who have left because they want to move on, fair enough, good luck to you. Hope to see you again soon. They've made their thread, a place for people to say goodbye but putting them all into the same category in one thread just seems a little odd.

Goodness knows how many more pointless; 'I'm leaving' *crosses fingers and hope people love me* 'Oh I'm back again' threads there have been. If you're going to go to the trouble of making a huge leaving thread then have the conviction to leave. Don't turn around a day or two later proclaiming your return, smells a little desperate.

No one proclaims when they come back in desperation, I came back because my friends made a clan and a new patch came out. I couldn't give a fuck what people think of me when I came back. I'm sure everyone else that joins after leaving thinks the exact same way.

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

I think this Thread should be closed.