Server time: 2017-08-17, 11:47

Sign in to follow this  
TheLonelyOne

Is DayZ becoming PayZ?

TheLonelyOne    11

I was playing on a normal DayZ Server just now.

I wanted to have some fun, trying to get loot, survive and have a good time. That's what DayZ is about these days, right? Right?

No.

Right on the loading screen there were 2 Offers. You could pay R$25,00 (Brazilian money. 25 Reais would be about 50 dollars, give or take) or even R$50,00 (100 Dollars) to get a VIP Loadout.

And if you bought the R$50 one, you could have ANY weapon of your choice, any supplies and any backpacks.

I was talking to one of the Admins (Who was pretty fucking rude), and he said that I was a Noob and I was also butthurt because that guy had a better gun than me. And that was not the case because I was killed by a Spawn Camper one second after I joined the server.

I know Servers aren't cheap, but I've seen MANY, MANY servers that are really good without this Pay-To-Win shit. Just little donation boxes.

DayZRP kinda has that, but it's just for skins, you can't buy Weapons in here. *Cof*WarZ*Cof*

This happens in almost every Server.

What do you guys think?

TomG    0

I doubt that was a public hive server. Join one of them to go against P2W.

pejay    1

I personally haven't seen any of these, but i've mostly been playing RP since may. If this is the case that Alot of servers are doing this it's a new thing, and well.. Terrible for Dayz.

Well if we want pay to win only we wouldn't play on thia server would we? Since finding weapons is harder in here anyways.

Sly    1

It must have been a private hive server, and yes this is happening more and more.

I kid you not I joined a server where under the rules category read: Donate Generously

Hex    31

DayZ will never become pay2win because its a mod and there are always other servers that dont use that model to play on.

Jamma    4

I think it is really shit people are using their DayZ server as an excuse to make money. I mean if I donate to a server I want to have faith that this money will help in development/server hosting (I have faith in DayZRP), not stuffing some fat muggins face with doritos which is probably the case with the server you have been on Angel.

Chaznar    0

So basically you can pay to take all the gearing up out of DayZ, which is half of the point when you don't have RP involved.

Then you use that gear to shoot random people ala deathmatch.

So... why not play a game which gives you gear straight away and puts you in a deathmatch situation, without needing to pay extra?

LOGIC!

Some people are just odd.

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

Lol, You people think thats bad, I played on this dayz server (Won't give them the undeserving gratification of have their name being said.)

A guy, types on side channel he, Was displeased with some issue he had with the pay to win system, So the owner literally comes in, After the guy wanted a polite discussion. The owner i said, Quote on Quote "What does this fuck tard want?" Pretty much The Owner was pissed and you want to know what? He instantly perma bans him and people begin to ask why, The owner begins to perma ban everyone disagreeing with him (Fucking god-Complex much?)

Then he perma bans me.

Also i think i still have recording of one of the admins saying pretty much if you aren't a donor, Then your opinion is fucking irrelevant to me i'll just perma ban you.

The amount of shitty, Pretentious owners that think just because they pay 35# a month from their parent's allowance, Makes them invulnerable, Is despicable.

Well i play on several servers that are private/public so to speak admittedly i play Epoch mod which is fun , but i am yet to be asked for a donation . The main server i play on owned by UGN clan which i am not part of and there is no requirement to join or to pay . The owner/admin doesn't have god complex and only bans someone who flagrantly disobeys the rules or causes issues where people cant play the game .

Tamaster92    14

Actually not too many servers are like that (though ones that are are just... Yeah, dumb.)

Personally on my server on ones I frequent I find donations are needed to keep a server running smoothly. As long as they aren't OP it's fine. This issue nowadays is the rampant amount of hackers that pretty much have free reign unless an admin is online at the time

Jonjo    0

I kid you not I joined a server where under the rules category read: Donate Generously

Lel, I remember that server.

Rolle    2440

Brilliant, new rule soon :troll:

BeastMade    0

I wanted to have some fun, trying to get loot, survive and have a good time. That's what DayZ is about these days, right? Right?

No.

Right on the loading screen there were 2 Offers. You could pay R$25,00 (Brazilian money. 25 Reais would be about 50 dollars, give or take) or even R$50,00 (100 Dollars) to get a VIP Loadout.

And if you bought the R$50 one, you could have ANY weapon of your choice, any supplies and any backpacks.

I was talking to one of the Admins (Who was pretty fucking rude), and he said that I was a Noob and I was also butthurt because that guy had a better gun than me. And that was not the case because I was killed by a Spawn Camper one second after I joined the server.

I know Servers aren't cheap, but I've seen MANY, MANY servers that are really good without this Pay-To-Win shit. Just little donation boxes.

DayZRP kinda has that, but it's just for skins, you can't buy Weapons in here. *Cof*WarZ*Cof*

What do you guys think?

No. As i have understanded you dont buy skins. you donate for server and you can have a skin if you want.

I seem to find only those kind of servers.

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

Nope.

TheLonelyOne    11

No.

What do you guys think?

No. As i have understanded you dont buy skins. you donate for server and you can have a skin if you want.

I know that it is by donation, but I've seen MANY people donating money just for skins.

No.

What do you guys think?

I know that it is by donation, but I've seen MANY people donating money just for skins.

Who cares? It's just a skin really and it's not like it's a ghillie.

TheLonelyOne    11

Who cares? It's just a skin really and it's not like it's a ghillie.

That's what I meant when typing this thing.

You can get skins, but that's it, no weapons.