Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:36
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Zipcouda

Was It To Harsh?

Zipcouda    51

So as many people have noticed there have been several people permabanned and demoted for various actions. This is a post about Slip, Wookiebookie, and the demotion of Woodzie.

Now for those who are un aware to what happened, and if admins do not want this information out please feel free to edit or delete this post. What happened was that Rolle was alone on a specific server.

Slip being X GM roughly new the password set and wanted to go in to be funny. Slip while in staff had found Rolle in another private server or chat box while he was setting it up and put the name ISHOULDNOTBEHERE.

Now at the time when Slip was in staff he thought that was funny. But when he did it recently this has caused him to be permabanned.

Then there is Wookiebookie who also joined the said server the same time slip did under another name in the means to be funny. How he got the server password I do not know. He was also Permabanned for this incident.

Woodzie was demoted under the assumption that he had given out the password to Wookie.

At least this is what I understand to of happened.

Now my opinion on this is that these are very harsh punishments. Slip himself has only ever received 5 warning points during his entire stay in DayZRP. He was a great Game Master and a good person. A real benefit to this community. He has helped out a lot. Does he deserve to be PermaBanned over this?

Wookiebookie... I understand the staff does not look kindly onto him. But that said, one dumb action does not make him deserve a Permaban from a server he has grown to be a member of. The three strike system is there for a reason, I don't understand why its just straight to Permaban.

Granted I feel what they did was stupid, and I believe they do deserve to be punished in some way. But they do not deserve to be Permabanned for this after they both have given a lot to the community. No one is perfect which is why you can always lose the warning points. The staff knows that people will make mistakes.

On the note of breaching security, I feel that if Rolle didn't want people outside of the staff to know the password then he should change it instead of using the same thing. I personally don't know it, but Slip was able to easily guess it.

So now I wonder what everyone else thinks. Does Wookiebookie and Slip deserve a permaban? Does Woodzie deserve a demotion?

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

If slip guessed it, why was woodzie demoted? Was it something un-related or...?

Herr    0

If slip guessed it, why was woodzie demoted? Was it something un-related or...?

I think woodzie was demoted on suspicion of giving Slip and wookiebookie the password for the test server. Don't quote me though.

Woodzies demotion was done under nothing but asumptions. He himself said he did not give anyone a password and slip even admited to simply guessing it.

Zipcouda    51

Well Slips ban holds... there's nothing that can be done about it now. I really cannot believe this. After all he did for the community this is what he gets after one mistake.

One misconception though: if a server has a password, you shouldn't try to "guess" it. The fact that it has a password says enough; do NOT join this server. Whether they guessed it or if woodzie gave it to wookie and slip isn't even very relevant. They shouldn't have joined, period.

As I said though, Slip's permaban is unrelated.

Well Slips ban holds... there's nothing that can be done about it now. I really cannot believe this. After all he did for the community this is what he gets after one mistake.

Read what I said in that post before you. Slip got permabanned for something else and he even agrees with it himself. If you want to know what it is about, then ask him yourself. If you would've read Papa's verdict, you would've seen this all and you wouldn't have to complain about it here.

If Slip understands why he got permabanned and doesn't expect to be unbanned, then maybe you should just take comfort in that and leave it be.

Jerry    22

A demotion is no where near as bad as a permanent ban, so why is it that Wookie gets perma banned but woodzie only gets a demotion..

Burgz    6

Seems a little too harsh, I mean no damage was done right?

Zipcouda    51

After all hes done, frankly I don't care about the mistakes. He deserves better then this.

After all hes done, frankly I don't care about the mistakes. He deserves better then this.

You keep saying that, but you do not even know what mistakes Slip made. Maybe talk with him, and you will hear from himself that he understand the permaban and is fine with it. It is UNRELATED to the whole server joing thing, and the only reason Slip made an appeal is because he thought it was about the server joining thing.

Jerry    22

I know the full reason he is perma banned, although it was foolish he should not be permanently banned.

Okay what they did was wrong, and maybe being banned/demoted was harsh but why question what has already been done, what happened has nothing to do with anybody other than the people involved, and we may have not heard the whole story, so until somebody makes a statement nobody in my opinion should be complaining or making conclusions. (Btw this isn't aimed at you just the community as a whole :D )

Zipcouda    51

You keep saying that, but you do not even know what mistakes Slip made. Maybe talk with him, and you will hear from himself that he understand the permaban and is fine with it. It is UNRELATED to the whole server joing thing, and the only reason Slip made an appeal is because he thought it was about the server joining thing.

I just did talk to him. And frankly I still don't feel he deserves it. If he was a GM maybe a demotion. But the thing he did caused no issues. Nothing bad came of it. For someone who has only received 5 warning points, he does not deserve this. I myself got 10% warning points in my first week of ever being on DayZRP... that was long ago.

But Slip has only received 5 warning points for his entire time on this server. He has been dedicated and a good member of this community. Granted what he did was wrong, but frankly nothing bad came out of it, and he does not deserve that harsh of a punishment over this.

The Clown    1

As much as I enjoy all the drama here I don't really see the point of your thread, Zip. 99% of the community have no idea what's going on so maybe you wanna just join a TS channel with the involved people and talk it out.

Or something, but I doubt that this thread does any good...

Franz    0

A demotion is no where near as bad as a permanent ban, so why is it that Wookie gets perma banned but woodzie only gets a demotion..

Popeye509    1

As much as I enjoy all the drama here I don't really see the point of your thread, Zip. 99% of the community have no idea what's going on so maybe you wanna just join a TS channel with the involved people and talk it out.

Or something, but I doubt that this thread does any good...

Zipcouda    51

Because I will freak out. Its just best to avoid that. And frankly this should be discussed. The reason of Wookie's ban and Woodzies demotion is here so they can comment on that.

I can say though, I know what happened with slip and the decision is wrong.

I just did talk to him. And frankly I still don't feel he deserves it. If he was a GM maybe a demotion. But the thing he did caused no issues. Nothing bad came of it. For someone who has only received 5 warning points, he does not deserve this.

Slip was fine with me posting this:

4OgnY.png

Zip, trust me, if anyone feels horrible about this it's me. Of all the permabans I have witnessed, this one sucks the most. But it was never a difficult decision. The admin don't think it was, and Slip doesn't think it was. Why can't you just respect that and leave it be? You're only making things worse with this.

Tortov    0

Zipcouda I think on this occasion you just have to let things be, as much as you don't like them.

That said, it's a great shame considering all the work that he had done for this place.

Zipcouda    51

Slip would not go against it as he feels he is deserving, and I understand that. Anyone that is honorable and of good character would accept a punishment for what it is. But that does not change the fact that it is wrong. I frankly could not care less about the fact that Slip agreed with the punishment. He has received 5 warning points in the many months he has been here. He has spent 200$ plus on this server to better it and help it expand. Not to mention all the hours he spent as a GM trying to better the server. Even editing the mod to add cool new additions for the community. Then one mistake gets him removed from the community so he can never play on it again.

I think this judgment was only made because he agreed. If he had not you would not of done this. This is stupid and unjust. And you all know it is. For someone who made such a positive impact on this server and community, you sure are quick to remove him.

Clintbet    0

I just dislike the whole thing with not being honest about the situation. What can possibly happen if the staff team tell what exactly happened?

Zipcouda, I do not think I have to explain to you what donating entails. It DOES NOT give you any privileges. How many points he got in the past doesn't matter either. What he did was wrong, and because 90% of the server doesn't even know what he did, I do not see why the hell we are discussing it.

The fact he agrees has absolutely nothing to do with it. IN FACT, the fact he agrees only makes the permaban more difficult. You say all this like we never gave a shit about Slip and that the fact he agreed with his ban was some sort of excuse for us to permaban him. Zipcouda, you do not know what you're talking about.

As for Wookie and Woodzie; woodzie can take care of things himself by talking to the admins. Wookie can make a ban appeal.

If you want to talk about it or vent or something, do so in private. As Arrex said, half of the people on DayZRP do not know what the hell you are talking about.

I'll post this picture again. For everyone reading this; take comfort in the fact Slip understands the permaban

4OgnY.png

Believe me when I say I want Slip as back as much as the next guy. More than the next guy, probably. I loved him. But sometimes you just gotta leave it be. This is one of those times.

For people wondering why the staff doesn't tell what happened: if you would've read the verdict carefully, you would've seen that Slip doesn't want it to be told. The admins respect that. Maybe you should too.