Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:03

Sign in to follow this  
Owen

Option to surrender

Should there be a surrender option in-game?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a surrender option in-game?

• Yes
    • No

Owen    13

In DayZ Origins, the new patch coming up has the ability to surrender when you scroll to select actions such as changing weapons to putting fires out. This means you can be able to drop all weapons instantly without having to go through the gear and do it manually. I think that if this was implemented to DayZRP, when people are being robbed they can drop their stuff within a given time limit and not be killed due to going through the gear to remove weapons.

This could be pretty good as you will no longer have to go to the inventory. But there could be glitches where the option would not work though.

ConorJD    0

+1 Sounds like a good idea. However if you accidentally surrender then people are just going to steal your gear.

J0kk3    0

Better be careful with that scroll wheel then.

If a non-bugged version of this could be implemented, then I'm all for it.

Owen    13

+1 Sounds like a good idea. However if you accidentally surrender then people are just going to steal your gear.

Maybe if you do it accidentally in a settlement, there could be a rule where you can't pick up an other persons weapon if you haven't been initiated.

Reptile449    0

Hmm. This means that if you don't surrender and drop stuff nanually to hide/keep an item they will know.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

+1. No more "I aimed at you because I was going in my gear to drop my stuff" excuses!

The chances of accidentaly surrendering are high, but nothing important as we'll get used to it fast

The only problem is that I'm pretty sure the Origins guys are not sharing their mission files, so if they made the script, we will probably not have it, unless a dayzerup dev creates it

ConorJD    0

Maybe if you do it accidentally in a settlement, there could be a rule where you can't pick up an other persons weapon if you haven't been initiated.

I suppose you could have a option; Surrender ? are you sure? Yes or no?

At least that way people wont accidentally drop their gear unless they go full ......

runewr    1

I suppose you could have a option; Surrender ? are you sure? Yes or no?

At least that way people wont accidentally drop their gear unless they go full ......

Second that. If this would work, it has great potential.

Goz    2

And then bandits will just lower their timelimits.

This,

"DROP YOUR SHIT"

*Person goes into inventory to drop stuff*

3 seconds later - *BAM BAM BAM*

"HE DIDNT COMPLY, HE DIDNT DROP STUFF INSTANTLY"

It's also robbers responsibility to provide immunity to a victim if he complies, dropping weapons/items one by one is a evidence of compliance so nobody should be shot if he drops items in fairly reasonable time.

I can understand the idea here but I like how it is now, it takes time to get rid of weapons,backpack,radio - and it should be like it. Gives victims also ability to stall - so in the end current state is more beneficial to them rather the 'one click drop your shit button'.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

There already is go to your commands and key bind it

Diremast    0

Well I don't think the timer should be lowered just because it's easier to drop your weapons. The way I see it is that the timer is mostly there to ensure that the player has enough time to react mentally to the orders given.

I mean it's just 2-3 clicks anyway so it's really easy to drop a weapon. I don't see anything wrong with this.

However on the other hand there is the stall factor and that in order to simulate a robbery better it would be silly to have just on single weapons to drop all your stuff. The way I see it is that it could take away interaction between players even further and to be honest the standard of player interaction in robberies is pretty bad right now already.

There are pro and cons to this idea, but the main thing I see is that it does not really give as much as it could take away. So at the end I'll have to vote against this.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Thanks guys it has been added!!!!

This was my idea and no one else. So don't claim it to be yours please!!!!

Errr

6gK4EVg.gif

I doubt anyone is going to "steal your idea", but are you sure it's going to be added? Any confirmation from Rolle? :)

Thanks guys it has been added!!!!

This was my idea and no one else. So don't claim it to be yours please!!!!

Suggested many times in the past off and on in relation to the animation and process and the essence itself. (Not specifically Origins).

Sorry to be that guy, but yeah. Forgive me but your statement irks me a bit.

Even Jamie suggested the animation menu: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-animations-menu?highlight=surrender+animation

That would work just as well without the dropping of items which Reptile correctly criticized as a means of it being too easy to rob people.

Guest funnyfacegaming   
Guest funnyfacegaming

This doesn't sound like a good idea it would ruin the immersion

Its always been an option with a little keybinding...and then placing your hands on your head.