Server time: 2017-10-23, 06:19
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Kan

Rejection

Dr_Kan    0

Ok... so im a little confused ... and annoyed .... i spent 2 hours writing my white list application - re-reading all requirements and rules for such a thing. I also made sure that i understood all the rules and marked them off one by one making sure that i explained the rules correctly ... after waiting for a day im told "Your application has been rejected because of the following reason: Wrong rules explanations".

Now, imagine my surprise after i specifically spent the time to explain your rules simply trying to explain what you have already done ... so what im saying is - the only way i could of explained to rules wrong ... is if you explained them wrong to me ....so i would like to be reconsidered without submitting a new form - as i have to wait 24 hours and it took me so long to do first time round - i understand that you have to be tough on your applications.... but how can you say i had "wrong explanations" when i followed the lines of the explanations that i was given in your rules, though worded differently. thats like saying your own rules are wrong. now im not a village idiot, im quite literate and know that i explained them clearly. that is unles you expect Every single person who is applying to literally re-rewite your whole rules list (which is silly when you could just ask them questions that they need to correctly answer instead of them getting to re write your rules).

Now im also guessing that this is referring to KoS and NLR rules ... which are role playing standards across the board and not just on this game tbh..... i Just think i was "unfairly judged" especially after the amount of Effort i put into my application.

Also - i quite literally brought Day Z yesterday ... just to play on this role playing server (ihave no interest in the normal gank fest) ... so im actually doubly annoyed that the one server i bought the game for ... is the only one i cant play ...

Teas    1

It must be frustrating but stick with it. KOS and NLR are taken very seriously here and if it's not explained to the desired standard, as you've found, you may have to try again to demonstrate you understand.

Have another look over the rules, read some more of the threads around the forum and have another crack at it.

Dr_Kan    0

to be honest mate.... i couldn't of explained them any clearer ... English is not my first language - though i can speak and type its rather fine. i do not always fully understand it. I need better feed back as to specifically what was wrong - because if im literally re writing every rule and giving examples ( like i did in my application) how can i possibly get it any better ? what im saying is ... i cant explain your rules any better than i already have. it took me two hours to do what i had done there and now i am expected to re do it all because "some one thinks its not enough" wee.. i was sorry i tried hard but its not so easy for all of us !

what im basically saying is i was rejected because of my lack of a ability to be able to explain your rules clearly. That dosent mean to say that i dont understand them - i just hard to explain. Why i say it is a flawed process - your more judging people english skills then if they actually understand the rules. explaining it dosent mean the understand it.

Dax    116

Do you have a copy of your application? if so feel free to send it to me and I will see if there is anything obvious that you have done. Or feel free to come on the TS and chat about it.

Dr_Kan    0

Unfortunately i do not have a copy of the application, it is one of the reason s i made this - so i dont have to retype it.

Would you care to write exactly what you wrote in your application here? Perhaps we can help you improve.

Dax    116

So you spent 2-3 hours making an application and DIDNT save it??? looks like your going to have to spend some time retyping the whole thing then, Unless staff are able to send you a copy of your original app that is.

To be honest mate, you're most likely going to have to submit a new application. It wouldn't of been rejected just because the reviewer felt like it.

Explain the rules, and then elaborate on that by telling the reviewer how they work in an in-game scenario.

Best regards,

Dr_Kan    0

thats exactly what i did -and gave a scenario for each.

who would i talk to about getting a copy of my app ?

Dax    116

Any of the GM's and above I would assume could get access to your app I think, Either wait till someone is online or hop on the TS and speak to one on there.

Bob    0

Well good luck man, PM me if you want help writing the rules, i can guide you but not tell you exactly what to write, but hey the offers there :)

Any of the GM's and above I would assume could get access to your app I think, Either wait till someone is online or hop on the TS and speak to one on there.

No only admins and rolle man the GMs can't see them

Dr_Kan    0

Thanks guys - like i said - i have litralyl brought this game so i can play on this server - i have no intrest of the rest of Day Z - so you can understand why im a bit annoyed - having spent £25 to find out its all signup based and then rejection - just a bit miffed :D

I simply explained them how they explained them, but in my own words. So there's quite the possibility that the mistake is on your side actually?

Dax    116

No only admins and rolle man the GMs can't see them

Thanks I did state it was an assumption, at least I know for future refrence :)

Dr_Kan    0

RoelTheWorld thats exactly what i did - i went through each rule and explained it all - with a senario - it would help if i knew which rule they were referring to - because its really not that hard to understand KoS and NLR - there rolplaying standards and it all the rules boil donw to one simple point in the end " Dont be a dick ".

KoS - (kill on site) - I am not allowed to shoot another player on site, i must go through a proper initiation into hostilities with a valid RP reason, such reasons would include (but not limited too) none compliance. so yeah KoS is basically - you need a valid reason to kill. I.e. In a hostage situation, if a hostage does not comply with my demands or tires to fight back i would have a valid reason to open fire.

The only exceptions to this rule would be "You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken" and that is only if i can 100% confirm that its the person i need to do it to. Also when it involves two Hostile clans.

NLR - New Life Rule - death of a character causes amnesia - all events and locations leading up the the death must be forgotten and "meta gaming revenge" is not allowed - i am not allowed to tell my team mates where i died - how ever i would be able to tell them the clan/ person that did it as long as there identified.

Bob    0

Ahhh you coppyed and pasted a lot DONT DO THAT! put it into your OWN words, it doesnt show that you understand the rules.

BeastMade    0

i did spend 2 hours for my application and got rejected. i didnt complain and i started to fix it and spend around 4 hours for fixing it and waited almost month for review and i got whitelisted. i never complained in forums...

Dr_Kan    0

dude - the only thing copied and pasted in that post was the quotes... from there rules to explain it further, the 2 descriptisno ai gave ther are actually shorter than the ones i had mad in my application and i notice how no one actually said my explanation was wrong ....

i would like to say at this point - i am not trying to be an arse here - i just want valid explanations as to why EXACTLY i was rejected "didnt explain rules Properly" dosent really tell me much.

Also there is a major flaw in your explaining your rules part of you application. You ask for people to give an example of the type of situation there in when these rules should apply - well having Never played the game before - i have no idea what its capable of or what situations i could find my self in, there for how would you be able to give an example. i didnt even know you could take hostages in this game till i read it in the rules - so i had to use that as my explanation- but then thats classified as "copy and pasting" even if you put it in your own words ? !

I detect alot of grammar errors, along with insufficient and simply incorrect statements in your explenation of the rules.

Those alone could very easily be why your application was deleted.

Dr_Kan    0

english is not my first language - sorry i try hard ! also - again "lots of erros " but no one ever gives specifics..

english is not my first language - sorry i try hard ! also - again "lots of erros " but no one ever gives specifics..

Not to be rude, but it's your job to write a good, well thought out and grammaticaly correct app, not ours, and it is also not our job to point out your mistakes.

If English is not your first language, I would recommend using a spell check program to see where the errors are.

Dr_Kan    0

ok im slightly getting frustrated now - everyone seems to love saying its wrong but know one specifically says whats wrong about it ?

ok im slightly getting frustrated now - everyone seems to love saying its wrong but know one specifically says whats wrong about it ?

Did you even read my above post? You are not entitled to an answer, but those who are willing to help you, will provide you with one.

This however will be unlikely, due to the whitelist being very strict about rule explenation and grammar and people would rather see you improve on your own.

Dr_Kan    0

Also - at no point in the application does it say explain all rules - it just says "explain KoS" and KoS is simply dont kill on site - there is nothing more to that. Any other amendment to that would be considered its own rule.

KoS is 1 1 rule

Hostile actions is another

Initiation is another rule.

If the question had read - Explain KoS and Rules of Engagement it would make a bit more sence, as KoS is simply Kill on site. and tbh i dont think i can explain the NRL rule any better than i have witout copy and pasting what was in the rules :D

yes i had read it - i am not asking you to tell me what to put - im asking whats wrong with what i put - as when i reference back to your rules it make sence to me ?