Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:21
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Karchev

Playing music on mic?

Question

Karchev    0

So I encountered this old fisherman with a little boat, never got his name but he was super good at roleplaying and played music with very very clear audio. So just asking, how do people do this? I have never played music trough mic, well because most FPS games won't allow it in servers. But thinking about now when I drive a car and pick up random strangers and have funny music on the "cd player".

Oh god yes! teach me!

9 answers to this question

J0kk3    0

Just guessing, but double tap PTT (ingame) to continuously broadcast. Then play music over speakers, I guess. There might be other ways, though.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

They use programs, such as MorphVOX or similar programs that allow you to press a hotkey and then it just plays what ever you have bound to be played on that key.

Lue    25

That could have been me, or a very very very very similar guy.... My entire RP revolves around my fishing boat and playing music off of it, so its a 90% chance I guess. If not, I will have to meet this guy.

There is a variety of ways to do it... one way you cannot speak ingame and the other way you can.

If you have a card that can do it, you can right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of your desktop and click recording devices.. right click in the white area and make sure its set to show disabled devices... sometimes it hides it.. but you should see Stereo Mix if you can do it this way... if so, you can set that as your default microphone... anything that plays over your computer will broadcast ingame if you key the mic... so you could literally fire up any ol song on youtube and key your mic and they will hear it ingame.

Problem is, you cannot talk then.

In order to talk AND play music, you need some virtual wire setup or get a program like MorphVox... with MorphVox you can load up your own custom sound files and keymap them... you then set your recording device to morphVox and hit the key for whatever song you want to play.. if you are keyed up ingame, they will hear your song and you can still talk into the microphone and they will hear you simultaneously with the music... this is how i do it.

I roll around on the daily blaring all kinds of sailor tunes, hobo blues, old school southern, etc... Frankly, its Ol Willy's mind therapy.

Karchev    0

Thanks for tips, and Lue it was near berezino coast. We had big boat and another guy was in yellow shirt, and I was in flektarn with hood. So if it was you, hats to you my friend. It was best random encounter so far.

MartinJ    1

What I do is, I have my tablet next to the mic and just play music from Youtube over it. According to the people who've heard it it's very clear in a way but also sounds like an actual radio.

ConorJD    0

http://www.screamingbee.com/product/DJStreamer.aspx

Download this.

Make sure you have all your songs that would like to play saved down onto your PC as files (Not as spotify ect)

Add them with the add files button onto the playlist.

Enter the settings and change your mic (Device settings) to what your using and the key (Key mappings) to what you would like to use to start playing your music in game.

Easy as that :)

If you would prefer me to talk it over with you over teamspeak just swing me a PM

Karchev    0

Download this.

Make sure you have all your songs that would like to play saved down onto your PC as files (Not as spotify ect)

Enter the settings and change your mic (Device settings) to what your using and the key (Key mappings) to what you would like to use to start playing your music in game.

If you would prefer me to talk it over with you over teamspeak just swing me a PM

But if its virtual microphone, can I use 2 microphones ingame? hmmmm

ConorJD    0

Download this.

But if its virtual microphone, can I use 2 microphones ingame? hmmmm

No, because the game will only allow you to use one, you still have to hold in your ingame bindings for it to work.