Server time: 2017-08-18, 08:46

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nova

View Distance

Guest Nova   
Guest Nova

I don't know if it's just me but I am quite tired of finding a scoped rifle and realizing it is not that useful due to the -500m view distance. I think it would be cool to have the player settings back where I can choose my view.

The only overpowered setting I could think of is overkill, which can be removed.

I agree. I found a CZ earlier and tried scoping out some things and it seemed to be pointless. I can only imagine how annoying it is for someone who is actually skilled at using a sniper unlike myself.

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

+1, they might be adding it back in though

Onionjack    0

I want my overkill view distance!

It's easier to navigate out in the wilderness when you got a target in a horizon, now I might get lost :[

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

I agree, would be cool to have it back.

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Finding helicrashes, vehicles, players and seeing where helicooter flies is impossible, as you need to be within 500m radius.

You used to be able to climb on a mountain and just look around.

+1, but max view distance of 2450m

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

#BringThatBack

Guest Preflexes   
Guest Preflexes

#cutforviewdistance

I feel like a bit of a black sheep here but I prefer the mod without view distance. It's far eerier with varying fog (more realistic too). Not to mention is a more of a level playing field for you PvP enthusiasts out there.

Frozen    45

I feel like a bit of a black sheep here but I prefer the mod without view distance. It's far eerier with varying fog (more realistic too). Not to mention is a more of a level playing field for you PvP enthusiasts out there.

Don't see how fog 24/7 ia realistic tbh

I think we ahould have at least the far option :/

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

I think the maximum viewdistance should be 'far' as it was called. Overkill and insane meant that you could see from like Altar to Kabanino.

Don't see how fog 24/7 ia realistic tbh

I think we ahould have at least the far option :/

The thing is it is not 24/7. I have played post patch and have been able to see over 1km. I would settle for the view distance changer if the max was far. Insane was only a notch down from overkill really.

Only thing is, I think a lot of people are trapped in this idea that fog is evil and the game is better if you can see for miles on end. At least consider the following:

1) Being able to set your own view distance is anti-rp

2) Fog adds to the environment (not knowing where things are)

3) Would make pvp far more exciting. Not just snipers 1km apart. Would introduce a whole lot of possibilities. Stealth and flanking is far more important. Vehicles used in combat could also play a part.

4) The need to explore. Whats the point of going from town to town to look for loot and player interaction if you can simply get to a vantage point and see all the crash sights on the map along with which towns have zombies or don't have zombies.

VaneKyle    0

Why would they remove view distance? I mean we can see rather far in life too, so why not in DayZRP?

I guess they were trying to balance the game a bit.

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

Best mod 2k13