Server time: 2017-10-19, 07:20
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Lue

Boats and Initiation

Question

Lue    25

I tried the search function... Maybe I did it wrong, but i couldn't find the answer to this... sorry if its been answered elsewhere.

Basically I was thinking while flying down the coastline in my raft... "What happens if someone yells out from the shore as im flying by to stop or they will shoot?"

So I guess firstly... Can you even roadblock sea vessels? or demand them to stop or be shot?

Seeing as how my boat can do anywhere from 70-80ish Kmh, if im flying by and blaring bagpipes, its likely I wont hear anyone for a variety of reasons... I do, however, often see people running along the coastline and have opted to pick a few up here and there before.

If I were to be shot out of my boat by someone who supposedly "initiated" is that against the rules on their part or would I be at fault?

I know how it works with land vehicles, I spose, but was just curious how things translate over to boats.

10 answers to this question

Honestly, i think it would be against the rules to initiate on a boat that's going 70-80 miles an hour.

When it's stationary however, on a port side probably to fill up gas, i think it would be allowed.

I'm not a CH or GM, so it's up to them really. :P

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

It could be argued that you were off-road but I doubt GMs would take that as a valid excuse for initiating on a boat going 80 and then shooting. I would assume the only way would be to match the speed of the boat in another boat and initiate while moving alongside it.

Lue    25

I would assume the only way would be to match the speed of the boat in another boat and initiate while moving alongside it.

Piracy.... would... be... epic...

But basically so far, everyone seems to think that shooting at a boat as it cruises down the coastline would be bad form? I just see it happening at some point when I refuse to stop for someone and have them claim "Oh I said to stop or I would shoot, you just didnt hear it so I shot you" kind of thing.. i've ran into a similar situation on the road, and the guy actually said it and I didnt hear, but nonetheless- in a boat, I could very well never hear someone yelling from the shore if the variables were all there.

if i was just creeping along or moored at a dock, sure... I would comply with such a initiation, but if im on a mission patrolling along the coastline and playin dem bagpipes, im probably gonna pass you by and if they decided to shoot at me for it, I would wanna know how the rules are regarding such a thing.

If any GMs could help in hashing out land vs sea initiation I would appreciate it!

You're asking difficult questions, Lue. :P Most people do not initiate on boats. In fact, I have never heard about anyone who did. In fact, I don't know a lot of people that use boats in the first place.

I'll discuss this with the admins and GMs and we'll get back at you. For the time being, I don't think you have to think about too much. I doubt it's going to be a problem.

Lue    25

You're asking difficult questions, Lue. :P Most people do not initiate on boats. In fact, I have never heard about anyone who did. In fact, I don't know a lot of people that use boats in the first place.

I'll discuss this with the admins and GMs and we'll get back at you. For the time being, I don't think you have to think about too much. I doubt it's going to be a problem.

LOL sorry, I dont mean to. Boats are a huge part of my RP and have been for a while now, so I figured I would get an answer on the matter in case it ever came up. So far it hasn't been an issue and most people just shout "HEY!" as I pass by, but i've been waiting for someone to retaliate and try and ting tong my hull and sink me battleship.

I appreciate it!

Goz    2

:P Most people do not initiate on boats. In fact, I have never heard about anyone who did.

What a blasphemy! :D

[video=youtube]

Anyway, it's pretty easy to assume that lack of 'road'blocks and high speed of boats equals general (but not full) 'nono' for initiating on boats from land.

I would easily bet that same rules apply just like in vehicle-vehicle initiation scenario. It is highly advised to use text and bring relative speed between each other to below 40km/h. Initiation from land on a full speed moving boat is just as making sense as shouting on a car driving with full speed on asphalt road.

In the end - it comes down to speed, if you were travelling slowly,near coast to actually hear initiation shout then it might be allowed but killer would propably afterwards need (if report surfaces) to show his pov on video to be cleared easily.

But I wouldn't worry about it, like Gijs states - boat robberies are so uncommon that quite frankly I can bet there wasn't more (if any) than one formal report including such vessels.

Lue    25

Lol that was a sweet video....

But honestly... could anyone in their right mind initiate on something like this?

[video=youtube]

I would be too busy rolling.

Sir Doctor    3

Lol that was a sweet video....

But honestly... could anyone in their right mind initiate on something like this?

[video=youtube]

I would be too busy rolling.

You sir are a legend.

I hope to one day acquire a ride in your mighty craft! :D

Lue    25

You sir are a legend.

I hope to one day acquire a ride in your mighty craft! :D

Willy Pete is just a mere man!... mere-man... not a merman... the merman is a REAL legend... Yes... the merman who gave himself on behalf of his pod to save them all from megaladon... Megaladon is still out there... yessiree... Ol Willy is gonna catch'em... ol Willy and his hardy crew...

If yeh ever catch glimpse of our vessel, just shout out "AVAST YE SCURVY KNAVE!" and we will getcha on board proper an let yeh sample the finest in gourmet seafood.... trash can tuna.

Othuyeg    20

Lue, i wanna go boating with you some time. I love sailing around the coast myself. I'll even bring heatpacks.