Server time: 2017-10-18, 04:01
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alpha

How do i refuel boats?

Question

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

I got a fulll jerry can and i have a fisher boat. How am i supposed to refuel this? There seems to be no option to refuel it when standing close by.

15 answers to this question

GingerHippo    4

you have to drive it to the shore (not onto shore) and then you have to go to the back of the boat where you get the options: 'Get in back seat' - 'Get in driver's seat' - 'Gear' ect... But there should be an option saying 'Refuel Small Fishing Boat'.

If not then it must be glitched on this mod.

swim up to the side of it, there should be an option. I'll try it later f you don't succeed.

Dax    116

You need to combat roll on to the front of the boat where there is a large round barrel. once near that you will get the refuel option.(this confused the hell out of me till someone told me). Actually thinking about it is this still possible now we have no combat roll??

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

[video=youtube]

Use the search function next time!

What if i don't have a main gun? I can't do that combat roll shit

also i cant even jump ontop of it now that i have main weapon because now there's this stupid bunny hop instead of the combat rol.

Dax    116

[video=youtube]

The addition of the shak attack bunny hop in 1.8 might well have broken this as I cant see anyway to get on the front of the boat. Please let us know if you are successful or not.

Othuyeg    20

Now that the combat roll has been removed there is only one way to refuel it. You need to park it near docks so that you can walk from the docks onto the front bit. I refueled one that way today.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Try get it to a dock, then go onto the dock and bunny hop onto the boat

Edit: What Othuyeg said

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

[video=youtube]

The addition of the shak attack bunny hop in 1.8 might well have broken this as I cant see anyway to get on the front of the boat. Please let us know if you are successful or not.

Jumped from the docks onto the boat, but that knocked me out and I almost died. it does work but it's very risky,

Lue    25

I've been mourning for a long while now.... i've found a few fishing boats with no way to refuel them as they have either been washed ashore, have no fuel to get them to a good spot to fuel at, etc etc....

Really depressing for me.... really need a fishing boat blaring my tunes.

vivallion    4

I've been mourning for a long while now.... i've found a few fishing boats with no way to refuel them as they have either been washed ashore, have no fuel to get them to a good spot to fuel at, etc etc....

Worry not friend, me and Nathan have found a solution, you have to use one of the low piers (Not wooden ones. ) to refuel. Simply park it so that you can reach the windows on the right side, and you should be set. After a bit of wandering about you should hit the sweet-spot.

Lue    25

Worry not friend, me and Nathan have found a solution, you have to use one of the low piers (Not wooden ones. ) to refuel. Simply park it so that you can reach the windows on the right side, and you should be set. After a bit of wandering about you should hit the sweet-spot.

Well I already knew about this. I was referring to the fact that if the boat does not already have fuel in it upon its spawn, theres no way to fuel it up enough to make it to a dock to refuel it like this.

I got lucky and found a fishing boat that had enough fuel in it to make it to a dock and I fueled it up with this method. However, if the boat is empty and sitting along the shore, there is no way to get on the bow to fuel it now that I know of :/

RoCKiE    0

The Problem is all the boats me and daniel found are out of fuel and there isnt really a way to like get on top of it etc. I actully thought that would have been fixed with 1.8 / 1.3 mmhmmh... We really need a boat, daniel needs one :D for RP reasons.

Btw since when is that actually a problem ? I remember playing DayZ last year and refueling boats was never a problem at all if i remember correct.

Jinx    17

You need to tilt the front towards the dock I was rolling around in a boat yesterday just find and is easily refiled you just got to tilt it at the right angle at electro wooden dock.

Othuyeg    20

I have been refueling boats and leaving them full of fuel for someone to find.