Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:14

Sign in to follow this  
Lundborg

How to patch DayZRP properly!

Lundborg    0

Being in the Helpdesk a lot, I've noticed that a lot of people having issues installing the new DayZRP 1.3.0.1 patch with errors such as "Invalid DayZ version."

I will give you a step by step guide how to manually install a new hotfix properly!

Step 1

Download the proper file from here.

There are several different files which are all relevant depending on your needs.

What I'll be looking at today is the manual installation files.

If you don't have a DayZRP client installed already, go ahead and download the full client.

If you have a client installed already, look for any potential patches such as "DayZRP 1.3.0 -> 1.3.0.1"

Step 2

Make sure you have a file compressing/decompressing software installed. There are several different software such as 7-ZIP, WinRAR or WinZIP.

Your downloaded file should now be in your download directory.

Go ahead and extract the files to anywhere you want. In this example I will extract it to the same folder as I downloaded the compressed file to.

HJpqfCk.jpg

You should end up with the following result:

AswSN3E.jpg

Step 3

Now when you've downloaded and extracted the compressed file there is only one step left which is putting the files on the right place.

Navigate to the directory where your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead is installed. The original directory where its installed is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

When you've found your installation folder you want to copy & paste the extracted @DayZRP folder to where you have Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead installed.

DZb68nm.jpg

When copying the extracted @DayZRP folder to your installation folder a pop up will be asking you if you want to merge the old files with the new you are pasting. Click yes on every one of those windows.

7daI0ea.jpg

-----------

After these simple steps you should have the new DayZRP patch properly installed with no error messages when you try to connect to the servers.

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

Nice tutorial pal.

Lundborg    0

when ever i download it, compress it, and then extract it, i dont get that @DayZRP folder.

What do you get when you extract, or decompress, the downloaded file then?

Lundborg    0

Yes, if you downloaded the automatic version you should only run the .exe and it should work.

J0kk3    0

Weird. If the .exe doesn't work try deleting the patch files you've downloaded altogether, and redownload the patch file from here. Use the torrent mirror if you can. Then follow the instructions of the OP.

Lundborg    0

Please refer to step 2 in the guide.

You have to extract that 7z file with a program like 7-ZIP or WinRAR.

Now I can finally link this to people :o

Sign in to follow this