Server time: 2017-08-18, 22:16

Sign in to follow this  
armouredwaffle

Eat/Drink half

Imagine this. You and your friend have been looting for hours, you're both rapidly loosing blood from thirst. One of you finds a soda can. He opens his inventory and right clicks on it, the option "drink half" appears, this fills his drink meter half way up, and depletes half of the can. He can share it with you, and your meter does the same.

PCJames    152

This makes sense, because if I drank a whole soda can I wouldn't be thirsty for hours so +1 but would decently hard to code

I think they should be adjusted to your activity. If you are running it should go down fast. Walking...not so much. I can go hours without drinking anything, even on a rough hike. I can go days without eating much of anything. Yet I have to eat and drink every hour max, no matter what I am doing.

Tomeran    3

Its a nice enough idea. The question is rather how easy it is to code in.

Its a nice enough idea. The question is rather how easy it is to code in.

Yeah, I don't know anything about coding myself. So I'm not sure if it's possible.

Des8559    0

I was thinking the meters deplete too fast I know it's to force you to loot but they are a bit too quick.

I really like the idea of this! Also I agree, not so much the hunger but the thirst meter races down like its on a mission.

Jonesy    0

I think they should be adjusted to your activity. If you are running it should go down fast. Walking...not so much. I can go hours without drinking anything, even on a rough hike. I can go days without eating much of anything. Yet I have to eat and drink every hour max, no matter what I am doing.

I feel like my need to drink comes faster when I'm sprinting around rather than jogging in crouch position.

It might just be me, but I swear running every where makes your drink icon go down faster than it would if you were walking/crouch running. I'm pretty certain of it.

kakan    0

There is already a system like this :)

The only thing is that when Rocket coded the mod he wanted the player to interact more thus why you have to drink/eat so often. That question has been brought up alot

Awesome, yet difficult :/

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

You would need to make entire new object "half can". It would replace full can when full can is used. Much like when you consumed can you would have gotten a empty can, now you would just add one more 'stage'.