Server time: 2018-10-22, 04:40 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

Tomerans "How to survive the zombies"-guide!

^they don't wanna be deleted by the system.

^they don't wanna be deleted by the system.

Hahaha, exactly what I was thinking xD omg. I shouldn't be finding this as funny as i am making it... Maturity Doc. Maturity... *deep breaths*

Guest Hot_Dawg

My guide to surviving zombies: don't get killed jk

Nice thread dude!

Never forget your fellow players, each player has a value on there head, carrying heavy grade weapons is a good example of being a high value target for robbery.

If you want to do some basic looting or on epoch some trading, then head out unarmed and leave your high value stuff at home. if you find a high value item then store it in your backpack and return it to your base.

unfortunately we can't put cars, jets and heli's into our pockets so its best to ignore them or use them as temporary transport unless you have a base.

For me, I ignore all cars, bikes and heli's on epoch. last thing i need is losing trust with the clans. but hey the non-combantant role is very difficult, but its a thrill when you get used to sneaking everywhere.

Love this, I video in a parody new cast would be awesome

Helped a bit, I was certainly surprised at zombies knocking me over without breaking my legs when I played for the first time the other day.

Thanks for this guide. I am relativity new to Day-Z, this guide had pointed out big mistakes I've died from thinking it was the best thing to do. I think this guide will help me have a better playing experience.

Guest Arma

Great guide covering many points. I'll definately use this if my whitelist application passes! Thanks Tomeran!

Nice tut, hopes this helps all the new dayz players, I can't wait to get started!

- Stealth is overrated. But if you have the patience for it, give it a shot. That being said, try to avoid the zeds when you can, especielly if its easy.

Not too keen on this statement. Unless I've taken it in the wrong context, running around isn't a great option, as you end up aggroing too many zeds. I've seen many people suffer in any town/airfield etc because of this.

I find sticking to the walls of buildings helps, even crawling across a short amount of open ground helps to avoid zeds and gets you around just as quick. I could cover most of Cherno and only aggro one zed. Not running on any surface except from grass helps a lot too.

Great guide nonetheless, shame there are no tips on avoiding the inevitable "Mike Tyson Leg Breaker" Zombie :P

Also don't forget if you're out in the open they can't get you if you stand in a big fir tree but you can melee the daylights out of them... or hunch down and they'll lose interest and walk away from the tree.

Thanks for the guide, coming from the Standalone into the mod and having to relearn everything about the zombies has been a problem for me. After about 10 hours in this mod, I've died from zombies 4 times, and players never. I just don't get the gear that would warrant being messed with. Hopefully I can transfer what I'v learned from this guide into the game and last longer than an hour now.

Nice guide as always :)

How to avoid getting killed by zombies? Throw a grenade at your feet.

Sign in to follow this