Server time: 2017-10-22, 19:18
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Pegasi

State of Decay?

Pegasi    0

Anybody try out the PC alpha of this open world zombie community-survival simulator? I've played for about an hour: right now it's essentially an XBOX 360 port in its alpha state, some gamma issues, clipping, smoothness issues, and typical xbox 360 'glow' around the character, but developers haven't done a whole lot of graphical work yet and plan on working on it for months before it's a full PC release. The best description of the gameplay I can make at this point is GTA meets DayZ meets Dead Island. It's fully playable though and great for an alpha, just not really so if you're prone to criticizing alphas because they're, well, alphas. It's definitely cool if you feel like ponying out $20 to give it a shot.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Are they finally adding a multiplayer?

pejay    1

Are they finally adding a multiplayer?

Think they said something like multiplayer can't be done on the current engine or something similar .. :/

Pegasi    0

They've talked about making another title later that has more of an MMO-ey open world feel with the same mechanics as SOD

pejay    1

They've talked about making another title later that has more of an MMO-ey open world feel with the same mechanics as SOD

Class 4, am i right?

They most likely wont add multiplayer or coop support, as the game mechanics are way to single player mode to make it work, theyd have to do same crappy tac on side multiplayer thing to make it worth it, even then it would most likely receive negative feedback.

I bought it, i enjoy it, just need to replace my controller due to unrelated problems.

Major Tom    91

State of Decay was sort of a trial run for the universe that the game is set in. The developers wanted to see if it gained popularity, which it did. Due to this popularity, they're going to make a game set in the same universe with more of an MMO build. Class 4, as pejay said.

I've played State of Decay on xbox 360 but didn't finish it. Played it for a solid few days then just... stopped... There was too much to do, which is an odd thing to complain about. I wanted to do the main storyline but was constantly dragged away to help save my team or gather supplies, clear an infection or return home to rest. I eventually ended up with nearly no supplies, every house near me infested and half my team missing. I just stopped caring.

I've downloaded the PC version, and this time I plan to see the game through to the end (which I hear isn't a very good ending, but no spoilers please). Would love to see the modding community get ahold of this game.

glowreef    0

I saw it earlier. Interested, but requires a PC-adapted 360 controller in it's current state, so I'll wait.