Server time: 2017-08-22, 18:53

Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

Something i think will be abused on 1.8

Yuval    2

Didn't look allot about this version of the mod, but i do know that if you find a person who is knocked out, you can take all his gear. In normal Dayz it'll be great, but in rp i don't think so, this will make it equall to normal dayz. this is why

You find chloroform

Go unarmed and meet a highly geared person, he wants to help you.

You ask for a blood bag, he gives you one, while he does it, you chloroform him, take all his gear and BAM! the guy who was just helping you out is now a victim and pretty much became a fresh spawn.

please don't implement this, or if you do, change some rules to make things like this not occur.

This will make banditry go wayyy up, since you can never trust anyone, hero clans break apart, since you can never trust people, and make this a clan war type of game, where people bend the rules into stealing your gear, making it more based on gearing up than RP.

Am i the only one who thinks this way?

of course, if 1.8 will be even added.

PCJames    167

This is a good point

Rolle    2462

Chloroform will be VERY rare in the new patch, to prevent abuse like that. Overall I think it's a good mechanic, realistic one :)

Yuval    2

I don't think this will fix the issue, a fresh spawn may still find one and do this, in my opinion it should be spawned at places only reachable by more geared people, like crash sites, or barracks.

Khardia    0

Before, chloroform was used to initiate robberies. Now, it'll allow you to steal someone. I don't really see the difference between now and before. People will need to be careful when talking to others, especially if they want them to get closed.

I don't see the problem with this, especially if it is rare. It adds another danger factor and the need to stay in group. I love it.

Ethanorg    0

The amount of Chloroform should be monitored though, since it becomes rare, and a good way to steal someones belongings, people might attempt to dupe it much more.

Yuval    2

Before, chloroform was used to initiate robberies. Now, it'll allow you to steal someone. I don't really see the difference between now and before. People will need to be careful when talking to others, especially if they want them to get closed.

I don't see the problem with this, especially if it is rare. It adds another danger factor and the need to stay in group. I love it.

But the thing is that there are more then enough ways to rob a person, i would not just go and give a blood bag to a highly geared person, just like that, but i would and do help newspawns and give them medical supplies and help them. it could have a real big side effect of pretty much destroying the remaining hero clans or anyone who is willing to help people, just because of frustration.

Just an example, if i see a person on crawling and i ask him what happened to him, and he tells me his legs were broken, do i leave him there or do i risk my GEAR and help him.

I'm pretty sure you can already rob someone with chloroform anyway, by RPing you're disarming them when they're going sleepy time, so this just makes the process easier IMO, not really "abuseable".

Yuval    2

I'm pretty sure you can already rob someone with chloroform anyway, by RPing you're disarming them when they're going sleepy time, so this just makes the process easier IMO, not really "abuseable".

makes it quicker, you make no noise and don't have to wait next to a knocked out body, people passing by can't prove you killer or knocked him out.

IMHO i think its perfectly fine.

deception is a bitch aint it?

makes for alittle more of a major decision to approach someone or not. :)

hey man drink this beer

*the next day*

*grumble uhhggg* why am i gearless!

R Steele    0

With chloroform I think there should be a chance of failure like there would be in real life if a person struggles out. Making it 100% success is not realistic and the way it is now it really needs to be removed

Ancalagon    0

Nooo dont make it rare. I love Chloroform, i just love this way of initiating on someone, Kidnapping him or whatever.

Pleaaaaase dont make it too rare.

And yeah, where is the problem? A Freshspawn finds Chloroform now and chloroforms a good geared guys and robbs him or he chloroform him in 1.8 and steal his weapons.

Guest xProedge   
Guest xProedge

Not too much of a problem from what I see, it may be abused a bit, but sometimes everything is abused once, I do think there should be some rules over it.

If chloroform is very rare I see no problem really, since it is very realistic and adds a new style of robbery to the table.

And think about it, if you do get chloroformed and they take everything you have you still know who did it ;)

May also reduce the amount of poor RP executions, because some bandits execute people to see if they have NVGs or rangefinders etc.

IMHO i think its perfectly fine.

deception is a bitch aint it?

makes for alittle more of a major decision to approach someone or not. :)

hey man drink this beer

*the next day*

*grumble uhhggg* why am i gearless!

+1. I agree. It's more realistic honestly. In a actual apocalyptic situation if you have absolutely NO gear (weapon, food etc.) and a person sees a guy who has loads of it and you happened to have found some chloroform, 9 out of 10 times that person would chloroform him and take his stuff. Survival is the name of the game after all. I'm in a hero clan and even if I got chloroformed I would be mad for a little bit...until I go to my stash and grab a M249.

The amount of Chloroform should be monitored though, since it becomes rare, and a good way to steal someones belongings, people might attempt to dupe it much more.

[video=youtube]

Traveller    0

With chloroform I think there should be a chance of failure like there would be in real life if a person struggles out. Making it 100% success is not realistic and the way it is now it really needs to be removed

+1

The problem I have with Chloroform is that it is fool proof. You can't stop it, can't fight it, there's no warning at all.

I mean, wouldn't you notice someone with soggy TP in their hands lunging at you?

Jonesy    0

Isn't knocking someone out hostile? Meaning you need to initiate on them first? Surely it's not legit to just randomly knock someone out and take all their shit without saying a word?

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Using chloroform counts as an initiation Jonesy

Jonesy    0

Well shit, I can see people getting extremely pissed when/if this happens to them.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Well shit, I can see people getting extremely pissed when/if this happens to them.

Yeah exactly, it will end in terrible RP.

Guy A with nothing but chloroform walks up to fully geared Guy B.

Guy A chloroforms him without saying anything and takes everything he has.

Guy B is now left with nothing.

That would be horrible.

Tomeran    3

A chance for failure seems reasonable.

Also, this adds another reason for people to be careful around one another.

If you want reliable health services where people wont chloroform you? Call the free medics! :D

A chance for failure and making chloroform more rare seems like reasonable precautions to prevent this from being horribly exploited.

Sign in to follow this