Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:19
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
TL140

Ammo exchange

TL140    0

I think that there should be an option where you can exchange different clips of ammo for the rounds in another mag. This may sound confusing and i probably can word it better. But here is what i mean.

You have the option to go into your gear and right click on a mag to combine. if you were to do this and then have the option to right click and combine from X mag, then it would be a lot better.

A lot of guns ive seen have the same caliber such as the mosin and lee einfiled and the Bison and makarov. There are plenty of other listings.

TL140    0

If the bullets are the same caliber...maybe...

They are. The Lee and mosin are both .303 caliber while the bison and makarov are both 9x18mm

kakan    0

that would have to involve having already an existing mag that you can refill from. instead of changing one mag type for another as mags usually are not cross compatible

TL140    0

that would have to involve having already an existing mag that you can refill from. instead of changing one mag type for another as mags usually are not cross compatible

Well of course. but if you can refill mags with the other the same type, why not same bullets in a different mag to refill from? when you refill a mag you are taking the bullets, and combining them into one mag.

Chris    63

Well of course. but if you can refill mags with the other the same type, why not same bullets in a different mag to refill from? when you refill a mag you are taking the bullets, and combining them into one mag.

That would work if empty clips could be kept as inventory items, dunno how much coding work this would take, though.

(My guess is quite a bit, since the DayZ/Arma team hasn't implemented it yet)

A cool idea though, I'd use a Mosin more often if I could use Enfield ammo in it.

K. Lott    0

I agree. I know it would take a decent amount of coding to impliment, but it bothers me every time I come across a gun that uses the same caliber round and I cannot use the ammunition that I have just found...for example, I had a USP 9mm the other say was able to use 9mm USP mags in the weapon, but the M9 9mm mags that I had found were not compatible BUT the USP 9mm SD that I found would take the M9 9mm SD mags that I found...it's irritating to have all the stipulations for which mags work in which gun (which is totally realistic), however, not being able to use the same ammunition to put into an empty mag of the correct type just sucks.