Server time: 2017-10-18, 09:26
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Skele

Owning a Vehicle.

Question

Skele    0

While waiting for my Arma 2 to download so I can get on with my application, I was wondering what is the policy on vehicles, such as cars.

-The- main thing for me in a survivor game is to have my own car. Concidering the fact that the vehicles are rare, is there any way to make sure in RP that the car you are driving stays with you?

For example, my character takes a an part from the engine with him whenever he leaves the car, ICly leaving it undrivable. Another RPer comes along and takes the car since OOCly there is nothing wrong with it.

Another question I have is about hording. I stopped playing DayZ for the very reason that there was always someone on the server who hoarded all the vehicles for himself, and never did anything with them. I tried to find the answer but for now I was unable to find one. What is the server policy on vehicle hoarding?

-Skele

6 answers to this question

Your car is yours untill it's abandoned (you log out or stay away from it for a good amount of time or generaly aren't around to decline someone claiming it)

People don't really tend to hoard vehicles...exept the free medics, they have alot of cars.

Terra    1449

If you have a car and you leave it alone and it´s gone after you come back, it´s gone. There is no way to Rp that it is your car if you leave your car alone.

If you see someone who is about to steal it, you have to tell him that it is your car. If he is going to take it anyway, you have the right to kill him --> Make sure to make your intensions very clear, for Example : "This Ural is mine, if you take it, i will shoot you".

But if you left your car unprotected and someone finds it in the forest and no one is around, it´s gone, simple is.

There is no ingame-mechanic to take an Engine off or something like that.

Bigger clans may have more vehicles than other people. But there are a many vehicles out there, you have to look. I always find vehicles just by walking true a forest. It is not ok to horde vehicles in the Debug.

I hope i could help you.

Skele    0

Thanks for quick answers.

Its however a shame we can't have a more permanent solution. For example a character would probably sleep in their car if the car was parked somewhere in the forrest.

But I do of course realise and understand the game mechanics and the limitations that they bring.

Terra    1449

I never tried, i never thought about to put on there, i just heard about. ^^ So i do not know if they sace there or not. But it is definitely not a nice move.