Server time: 2017-08-22, 16:58

Sign in to follow this  
Guest WinslowBarington

Multiple Clans not permitted?

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

Due to the recent update with the Clan Requirements both myself and several others have come across a rather significant problem.

As stated in the newly enforced Clan Requirements, in order to create a clan, the clan must first be put through the "Idea Process" and surpass multiple requirements before being accepted as a legitimate clan.

One of said requirements is that you must have 5 members listed in your ClanCP.

General Clan Requirements:

• Every clan thread should have a detailed background explaining why you are in Chernarus.
  • To create an official clan you need to have 5 members listed in the Clan Control Panel
  • The clan has to be realistic and fit into the setting presented in our lore and the Arma 2 lore in general.
  • All clan members must have a working XML at all times

Now, the requirements themselves are in my opinion, a really good addition, however the problem I do have is this:

I am already part of an official clan, the Irish Republican Army and in order to be a part of this clan officially, I am required to be listed in the Clan Control Panel.

Now because I'm in this Clan Panel, I am no longer able to join another Clan Panel unless I leave this clan, there are no options to join other clans other than to "Leave Clan"

Because of this, we are unable to complete the above stated Clan Requirements and are therefore bound to playing with one clan, this would also mean that anyone wishing to play as a Free Medic for example would not then also be able to have an alternate character who plays as part of a regular clan - This would apply for anyone who has alternate characters in multiple clans.

The Solution

Now, I may have good looks and dashing charm, but the only way I can see this working is by edited/changing the current requirements or altering the Clan Control Panel to allow users to join multiple clans.

If there is an alternative way round this, then please feel free to throw your ideas and opinions out here as at present, Nelson Mandela is being held captive and these requirements are stopping us from saving this innocent man.

Personally, I can't see it being all that great if you are bound to a single character in a single clan. If one day you decide you're a little tired or bored or simply even looking for a little change of RP, then the current requirements will not allow you to take part in clan operations because of said requirements.

//Discuss

Caesar    438

Your solution about the technical fix with the Clan CP is reasonable.

However, I do know some in the staff including Rolle perhaps has little inclination to support multiple characters. I am warning you now that you have bought the issue up it may not lead to what you were looking for.

It may very well go to disallowing multiple characters.

no

no..

please...NO?!

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Great idea! While you are at it, remove everything else that is fun?

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

Wookie you should know the rules well enough by now;

Rule #32943394

Fun is not permitted on this server - Having full will result in punishment

Shekel    5

In my opinion this is a very nice suggestion, people should be able to join other clans without leaving the main clan they are in. Of course, there's another option that I have in mind, which is called ''Double clan permission'', basically, you create a small application form which will be reviewed by jGM/GM's and they will decide if to let you join the clan you want to.

Of course, alot of people will disagree with me on that, but it is the best thing and it will not create a huge mess where people will hop from a clan to a clan.

Caesar    438

I will discuss this with staff with the hope that multiple ClanCP sign ups will be the direction we go.

Great idea! While you are at it, remove everything else that is fun?

don't be mean -_-

I'm not against making it possible to be in multiple clans in the Clan CP. I'm not against having multiple characters either. Having two clans with one group of players is... questionable. But for the sake of creativity, I'm not against that either.

Side note, Winslow: you cannot play with a clan if the clan thread hasn't been approved by the staff yet. Otherwise, what's the point of having clan requirements? :)

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

I'm not against making it possible to be in multiple clans in the Clan CP. I'm not against having multiple characters either. Having two clans with one group of players is... questionable. But for the sake of creativity, I'm not against that either.

Side note, Winslow: you cannot play with a clan if the clan thread hasn't been approved by the staff yet. Otherwise, what's the point of having clan requirements? :)

We've actually been told by 3 GM's and 5 Community Helpers that providing we have clan XML's showing that playing as a clan was perfectly fine.

It was not until my most recent visit to the very helpful Helpdesk further questioning the requirements that the staff didn't know if this was allowed or not.

In all honesty, I can't see the problem of people playing together who are in multiple clans together providing they are wearing a clan XML - The whole reason for wearing a clan XML is to provide clan identification when in-game in scenarios such as firefights and RP purposes etc.

Not allowing people to be in multiple clans on alternate characters because the majority of their primary clan have gone to bed at 1:30 AM seems like a bit of a pain in the arse if you ask me, not to mention an absolute game killer.

Why should we be bound to a single character in a single clan when the whole idea of DayzRP is to RP, if we're providing good RP with a decent backstory, then why shouldn't we be allowed to do it?

It's not like we're taking the piss or trying to avoid hostilities, it's merely something we can do in our spare time when others are busy with other things.

I put a lot of effort into my posts, threads and ideas and so don't think for one minute that Free Mandela is a "Troll Clan" when we have multiple reasons for creating it - I can see the point of not allowing multiple clans, but dis-allowing would certainly kill DayZRP for a good majority of us.

We've actually been told by 3 GM's and 5 Community Helpers that providing we have clan XML's showing that playing as a clan was perfectly fine.

It was not until my most recent visit to the very helpful Helpdesk further questioning the requirements that the staff didn't know if this was allowed or not.

In all honesty, I can't see the problem of people playing together who are in multiple clans together providing they are wearing a clan XML - The whole reason for wearing a clan XML is to provide clan identification when in-game in scenarios such as firefights and RP purposes etc.

Not allowing people to be in multiple clans on alternate characters because the majority of their primary clan have gone to bed at 1:30 AM seems like a bit of a pain in the arse if you ask me, not to mention an absolute game killer.

Why should we be bound to a single character in a single clan when the whole idea of DayzRP is to RP, if we're providing good RP with a decent backstory, then why shouldn't we be allowed to do it?

It's not like we're taking the piss or trying to avoid hostilities, it's merely something we can do in our spare time when others are busy with other things.

I put a lot of effort into my posts, threads and ideas and so don't think for one minute that Free Mandela is a "Troll Clan" when we have multiple reasons for creating it.

I think you might've misread my post. I am saying I am NOT against people playing with multiple characters in multiple clans. I think allowing someone to be in multiple clans in the clan cp is a good idea.

I just said that you cannot play with Free Mandela as long as the thread hasn't been approved yet. Otherwise, why even bother making a thread in the first place? Just slap on an XML and play.

You can only participate in clan operations with a clan that has been approved by the staff. And Free Mandela has not yet.

As for my concern with one group of players playing in two clans (which seems to be the case with IRA and Free Mandela): there might be ways in which that can be abused (think the SVR incident a while back). But as I said in my post: for the sake of allowing creativity I'm not against it.

i never liked the idea of having "multiple characters" this is arma 2, not world of warcraft or any other MMORPG out there. you only have one players ID, so only one character, go buy a new CD key if you guys want an extra character to "derp around on"

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

i never liked the idea of having "multiple characters" this is arma 2, not world of warcraft or any other MMORPG out there. you only have one players ID, so only one character, go buy a new CD key if you guys want an extra character to "derp around on"

Yeah good idea, because if you do that you will be permabanned from DayZRP.

why would one person want to be 2-3 people in the first place? how does one person become 3 different roleplay characters?

hey man i recognize your voice!

///im on an alt buddy

oh well... nevermind then? sir ive never met before. you have the same guns and gear as my friend though...?

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

hey man i recognize your voice!

///im on an alt buddy

oh well... nevermind then? sir ive never met before. you have the same guns and gear as my friend though...?

What is accents?

Guest Thor452   
Guest Thor452

why would one person want to be 2-3 people in the first place? how does one person become 3 different roleplay characters?

Maybe people don't want to do the same old thing all the time?

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

Because it would be as boring as hell to have one single character to use and play on the entire time.

SVR were seen as permanant bandits, no one would RP with them as regular players, regardless of whether there was 1 of them or 10 of them.

Once you're smeared with the shit stick, there's no wiping it off.

I just said that you cannot play with Free Mandela as long as the thread hasn't been approved yet. Otherwise' date=' why even bother making a thread in the first place? Just slap on an XML and play. [/quote']

I understand your post, my entire reply wasn't all directed to you so apologies if it seems that way.

The point I was trying to make, was that 3 GM's, 2 Junior GM's and 5 Community Helpers all agreed that providing we use a clan XML, even though we're on a "Clan Idea" that we'd still be legitimately playing together.

Right, lets think of it this way, I have a group of people I play with in I.R.A, then I have a group of friends that aren't in I.R.A. I want to be able to play with both of them without having to make up a justification as to why I'm playing with a group of Russians, or to have my actions with them let other people target my clan mates.

The point I was trying to make, was that 3 GM's, 2 Junior GM's and 5 Community Helpers all agreed that providing we use a clan XML, even though we're on a "Clan Idea" that we'd still be legitimately playing together.

Well, then I am here to say that that's not legitimate.

You see, otherwise what would be the point of clan requirements? The point is that the staff decides which clans are allowed on this server, and which aren't. If we think clan X doesn't live up to our expectations, we won't move it from the clan idea section to the official section, but that doesn't mean Clan X can just slap on an XML and play anyway. If that were the case, why would we even bother going through clan idea threads to see if we approve? Why would we bother disallowing Clan X if they go ahead and play anyway? You might as well just not bother making a clan thread at all.

Sorry to rustle everyones jimmies so quickly.

you complain you want to be in multiple clans with a game that only supports one character ID. but have multiple names.

in a game that doesnt fully support that...

so you want the admins/staff to make their jobs harder and let one person be in as many clans as possible?

Muntz    3

Right, lets think of it this way, I have a group of people I play with in I.R.A, then I have a group of friends that aren't in I.R.A. I want to be able to play with both of them without having to make up a justification as to why I'm playing with a group of Russians, or to have my actions with them let other people target my clan mates.

Hits it on the head. I am CLF. I have non-CLF friends. They are foreigners. From an RP standpoint I cannot justify playing with them using my CLF character. I have another character with a different skin and a different accent. This is the character I use.

To be honest, I would not be unduly bothered if we couldn't have different characters in different clans. But to be unable to play an unaffiliated alternate character just seems pointless and counterintuitive.

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

you complain you want to be in multiple clans with a game that only supports one character ID. but have multiple names.

so you want the admins/staff to make their jobs harder and let one person be in as many clans as possible?

The game supports multiple profiles for a reason, it allows the user to create a new profile whilst still having multiple others and to allow them to change not only the name, but their face, voice and other features.

The features are there and should be used to their full purpose.

When I came to DayzRP, the last thing I expected was to be limited to a single character in a single clan.

We have the option to use multiple skins, skins which are based upon people/characters from around the world, for what reason would someone then donate 100 Euro's to then be told that they may only use 1 character within 1 clan and that the majority of the skins they bought which were intended for use on other characters are of no use and were a waste of their donation credits.

Muntz    3

I dont see how the staff are inconvenienced more than slightly. Yes, we only have one PID. But doesn't that just make it easier to track who owns which alt? Every character you use has the same PID making names irrelevant.

Guest WinslowBarington   
Guest WinslowBarington

Well, then I am here to say that that's not legitimate.

You see, otherwise what would be the point of clan requirements? The point is that the staff decides which clans are allowed on this server, and which aren't. If we think clan X doesn't live up to our expectations, we won't move it from the clan idea section to the official section, but that doesn't mean Clan X can just slap on an XML and play anyway. If that were the case, why would we even bother going through clan idea threads to see if we approve? Why would we bother disallowing Clan X if they go ahead and play anyway? You might as well just not bother making a clan thread at all.

Then I think the Staff team need informing of said requirements, the entire reason why I made this thread was to question what was allowed and whats not and as it seemed the staff themselves were unsure of an answer, then the discussion was made to clarify/attempt to change the rules/requirements we have.