Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:57
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Siorre

getting attached to weapons

Siorre    0

Soooo, I have become attached to this PKP I have had for ages now. I have been to hell and back with that PKP. Like fighting off bandits and killing those who have hurt my friends. What guns have you come attached to(that you still have) and tell me the stories of the adventures with that gun?

Currently, since my character is from Chernarus and served in the CDF, I'm having him stick with the weapons I'm assuming he was trained on, namely the AK-pattern weapons n the game, primarily trying to say with the AK/AKS-74 or AK-74M. I rather like the AK-74M with the holo sight, anyways, and I'm usually sad when I lose one, luckily, they aren't overly uncommon. I also try to refrain from switching weapons constantly, since those who carry a firearm on a regular basis usually stick with the weapon they've come to know, one they've carried for a while....so I figure its more in char actor to try and hang onto the same rifle for as long as you can since, unlike in CoD, primary weapon switching ins't really that common :P

I'm also rather attached to my scoped M91/30, I use it for hunting (animals, not people :P )

I do find it odd that the Mosin's in the game are chambered in .303 and not 7.62x54R. I'd have thought adding new ammo, or editing the description of the current "Mosin clip" wouldn't be too hard.

Sir Doctor    3

My good old Lee Enfield has been with me for 2 weeks now. My character has (multiple times) gone out of his way to retrieve it after being robbed etc etc. I <3 my Lee Enfield ^-^

Alan Woods    3

In my NRF days,I got in the ownership of a Mk48 Mod 0 from an accidental death of some of my friends.Had like 3 mags for that beast.

Kept it for some time,rarely used it in firefights,but after some time,the weight was too much so I gave it to one of my friends for a FAMAS CCO with Forward Grip.

I've been holding onto my AKS-74U SD since I've started playing. I actually hate the weapon so much I'm getting quite attached to how bad it is, gives it character.

naury42    0

I don't get attached. Cause your gonna lose it anyways. To some bandit or nature.

Muntz    3

There is a Famas M203 Aimpoint in DayZRP. Her and I have never been defeated while I have her on my person. Her name is Sasha. She is beautiful.

She helped me massacre Brotherhood at Prigorodky one day. She has also liberated countless dog-pigs over an extremely long period. We spent weeks together as one being.

One day, during a top secret operation, I was ordered to provide overwatch. Although she has many talents, Sasha does struggle to overcome long distances. Because of this, my CO ordered me to relinquish her temporarily and make use of an m40A3 sniper rifle. I tucked my beautiful girl in a car for safe keeping. As I turned and walked away from her, a chill ran down my spine. I would not see her again for a long time.

I took position on a hill overlooking our objective. 30 minutes later, my squad was dead, I was knocked unconscious and Sasha was stolen from me.

I have spent the weeks since that fateful day searching for my one true love. Every pillar of smoke I saw on the horizon would make my heart leap. Maybe this was a helicopter which was carrying Sasha. Maybe this was a helicopter which has conveniently crashed and brought her back to me. However, I was always left disappointed.

Unable to fill the hole which threatened to consume me, I turned to other, lesser partners. I am not proud of the way I treated them over this period. I would use one, discard it and use another within the hour. I would share them with my friends. I am sorry to say that I could not find it within myself to care for them. This poor treatment will be an eternal regret which I will always carry.

This pattern continued for some time. That was until this afternoon. I was travelling with a squad on an operation. Then I saw her. One of my squad-mates was carrying her towards me. After a brief conversation, I discerned that he had found her the previous day, after a firefight with rival organisations. He returned her to me shortly after.

Once more, Sasha and I are together. A perfect partnership. We are again, as one.

Siorre    0

There is a Famas M203 Aimpoint in DayZRP. Her and I have never been defeated while I have her on my person. Her name is Sasha. She is beautiful.

She helped me massacre Brotherhood at Prigorodky one day. She has also liberated countless dog-pigs over an extremely long period. We spent weeks together as one being.

One day, during a top secret operation, I was ordered to provide overwatch. Although she has many talents, Sasha does struggle to overcome long distances. Because of this, my CO ordered me to relinquish her temporarily and make use of an m40A3 sniper rifle. I tucked my beautiful girl in a car for safe keeping. As I turned and walked away from her, a chill ran down my spine. I would not see her again for a long time.

I took position on a hill overlooking our objective. 30 minutes later, my squad was dead, I was knocked unconscious and Sasha was stolen from me.

I have spent the weeks since that fateful day searching for my one true love. Every pillar of smoke I saw on the horizon would make my heart leap. Maybe this was a helicopter which was carrying Sasha. Maybe this was a helicopter which has conveniently crashed and brought her back to me. However, I was always left disappointed.

Unable to fill the hole which threatened to consume me, I turned to other, lesser partners. I am not proud of the way I treated them over this period. I would use one, discard it and use another within the hour. I would share them with my friends. I am sorry to say that I could not find it within myself to care for them. This poor treatment will be an eternal regret which I will always carry.

This pattern continued for some time. That was until this afternoon. I was travelling with a squad on an operation. Then I saw her. One of my squad-mates was carrying her towards me. After a brief conversation, I discerned that he had found her the previous day, after a firefight with rival organisations. He returned her to me shortly after.

Once more, Sasha and I are together. A perfect partnership. We are again, as one.

Dawson_Crying.gif

that was so beautiful

Soooo, I have become attached to this PKP I have had for ages now. I have been to hell and back with that PKP. Like fighting off bandits and killing those who have hurt my friends. What guns have you come attached to(that you still have) and tell me the stories of the adventures with that gun?

I always end up with my beloved PKP as well <3 pkp <3

Siorre    0

The feels you get when you almost lose your trusted gun to bandits xD they forgot that NEAF has a barracks >:)

Franz    0

Dawson_Crying.gif

that was so beautiful

I love M4A3 CCO, all i use :)

Alan Woods    3

Oh my!

This is too sentimental for me to handle!

DinoB    20

I got attached to my M9 that Alfie gave me ages ago... Still have it, and it has been like a month :D

Skippy    4

I don't mind dying in a firefight or what-have-you, and I have lost a great deal of different gear. I'm normally a treasure-trove of items, but what I actually do dislike is dying to either glitches, or thing that shouldn't really happen.

Also the L115A3. God I miss that rifle. I had it for 3 months- I got over 50 kills! Oh I miss that rifle... (lost it when the server wiped) *I didn't actually mind loosing that L115A3, as the wipe was 100% needed.

Teas    1

Any AK variant. Bury one of those in the ground for a few weeks of rain, dig it out,

re-cock, realign and re-engage.

No messing.

Slute    1

My good old Lee Enfield has been with me for 2 weeks now. My character has (multiple times) gone out of his way to retrieve it after being robbed etc etc. I <3 my Lee Enfield ^-^

People have robbed you for a Lee Enfield?? It's really coming to this now..

Muntz    3

Dawson_Crying.gif

that was so beautiful

What can I say? Dem feels are stronk.

Sir Doctor    3

I may have insulted CLF a few times xD

Slute    1

I may have insulted CLF a few times xD

Now it makes sense :P

Undead    313

I've had my m14 acog+red dot for ages and I love it. I've used it for CQB with the red dot, and switched to the acog for those medium to long range fights. I've also had a Famas Holo sight for the last week, but I don't use it as much and I said I would give it away to Allison, but I might have changed my mind, i'm to attached now :D. I havn't gone as far to name my guns yet, mabye soon if I continue to survive.

Astraal    3

My silenced Bison, i've had it for about 3 weeks now. its a good weapon since most bandits dont want it and it takes skills to use it in a hot situation.

Maverick    1

My M60, it protected me from the evil CLF... Well that was until they came up behind me.

Zhunk    2

My M60, it protected me from the evil CLF... Well that was until they came up behind me.

This M60 still serves us well.

(You totally owned us with it)