Server time: 2017-10-23, 21:04
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

Ritual Killings?

Question

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

If I were to set up a clan that when a new initiate joined he would have to kill someone to prove his loyalty would this be ok if it were performed in an RP friendly manner?

6 answers to this question

No. This would most likely be considered RDM. I recommend that you do not try it.

Goz    2

Well, you can execute anyone who didn't comply earlier to your commands in robberry.

You can capture an established enemy of your clan and execute him regardless of compliance.(aka 'grudge' case)

You can always gamble and meet a nice guy-player who won't mind getting executed if it will be nicely performed. (I wouldn't mind, know few who wouldnt as well but you know - there are other people...)

But since majority of people are report,blood seeking creatures I would not bet on that solution.

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

Ok thanks for the answers guys just needed to know the relevant info on this.

Mattbro    0

I think you can if its RP'ed well and you have an actual reason, because people report you over everything these days so personally i wouldn't do it.

Othuyeg    20

You can not just come up with a reason to kill someone. That would be either powergaming or pure RDM.

As Goz said, it becomes a "grudge" killing if there's clan or personal animosity that establishes a history, but beyond that or someone being willing to RP it out (even if they create a 'throwaway' character expressly for that purpose), you can't execute someone for a created reason.

This lead to someone asking me a while back "Does that mean that you're basically immune to executions if you stay out of clans and avoid undue animosity with others?"

The answer is yes. If you stay out of any clans, comply with bandits, and avoid taking sides in conflicts, nobody can legitimately execute you.