Server time: 2017-08-24, 01:23

Sign in to follow this  
SweetJoe

New Donation Skins

Would you donate if there were a wider variety of skins?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you donate if there were a wider variety of skins?

SweetJoe    283

Hello. I have donated for skins, and i would again in the future, the only thing is, i dont like the skins available. so that being said i was wondering if there were any plans to add more skins the donation exchange. I also have some suggestions.

1. There is a lack of Survivor skins that dont looks like you've rolled around in the mud for a good time.

2. there are too many military skins. we need more Civilian skins.

3. is there a way to get a personalized skin that only you can use?

4. warm clothing. Is there a way to make some of the skins have the warm clothing options? some of them are quite bundled and look like they are quite warm, so why do i get cold so easy? (although you can argue the same about the armoured skins.)

5. A skin with a duster or trench coat. I would gladly get to contributor level for a decent duster skin. im currently switching back and forth between skins but if i had a duster i wouldnt have a need to do this. and id gladly pay for it provided it doesnt look foolish.

Also if there are plans to add more skins, when?

Frayzies    6

While I agree with your point that there aren't enough civilian skins, simply asking for them to be added does not solve the problem. The reason why there are not more civilian skins is because there are not many civilian skins in the Arma files, and people who mod don't often make them. There is an extremely limited selection and I can guarantee you that the skins we currently have make up about 98% of what there is available on the internet.

If you know how to mod and make a duster and a trench coat skin, by all means, go ahead and do it - it'll probably be added into the game! If not, search Armaholic and see if you can find any gems (We're searching armaholic all of the time, so I have to admit I don't think you'll have much luck.)

Arma 2 is a military simulator. Very few Arma 2 modders are inclined to make average Joe Shmoe outfits, or cowboy-esque bandito lawman shite. It's just how the community is.

celegar    0

While I can agree with frayzies, the base arma files dont have that much, I would love to be able to pick from the available skin drops you can get in game to have permanently available to me.

SweetJoe    283

I understand all of this, just curious and thought it would be good to see what other people felt. if the demand is big enough, more people will donate, in which case the devos can hire someone. the world runs off of supply and demand after all, and if the demand is great enough, the supply will turn up.

or maybe someone will offer up skins, or maybe the devos will add more that are already available.

My character is Australian and he would need that ^_^

Guest Brāy   
Guest Brāy

My brother can do 3D design i might get him to make a few skins.

i'd really like some more RPish skins instead of just military and civilian Fireman, policeman, Bartender ect. but theres not much variety :(

Huh GAAAAAAAY

anyway

I would love this idea but i doubt it will happen

Alan Woods    3

I would like to see some more civilian,post apocalyptic skins,but it's very unlikely.

But expect to see more after they finish with the actual bunch we are supposed to get with time.

404notfound    0

Were you the one at the ravens nest the other day screaming about slavery?

Were you the one at the ravens nest the other day screaming about slavery?

wtf. No.

Bizzle1991    0

hay guys i have been looking at the donation skins and i think it would be wiked if would could creat are own skin say for like £20 pounds i would defo pay and it would make the game even more unequie

hay guys i have been looking at the donation skins and i think it would be wiked if would could creat are own skin say for like £20 pounds i would defo pay and it would make the game even more unequie

You know what kind of time it would take to create each donator an individual unique skin? 20 euro would even begin to cover the man hours.

Yuval    2

You know what kind of time it would take to create each donator an individual unique skin? 20 euro would even begin to cover the man hours.

Would?

Would? WOULDN'T

FIXED

Guest CDR Steve Blazer   
Guest CDR Steve Blazer

I would really like to see some more British skins kicking around in there, there are quite a few characters that are British military (including my own) and it'd be nice to have it. There's an SAS skin pack kicking around on armaholic somewhere.

Voodoo    371

I would really like to see some more British skins kicking around in there, there are quite a few characters that are British military (including my own) and it'd be nice to have it. There's an SAS skin pack kicking around on armaholic somewhere.

I like +1

:P

Bizzle1991    0

sorry i dont know to much about like computer stuff i would of though 20 pounds per person would be a good price cos they would earn hundreds of pounds but hay i am no programmer lol i am a fitness person :D

but hay was just a though