Server time: 2017-08-23, 06:29

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Ethanorg

League of Legends World Championship 2013 Discussion [Warning Possible Spoilers]

Ethanorg    0

worlds_logo.png

I looked around the forums and found no thread specifically made to talk about the World Championships for it. The OP will be specific to the Gambit vs Fnatic game as that's the current one of this threads creation. I won't update the OP, instead we'll continue the discussion in the reply's.

So in about 2 hours Gambit and Fnatic are going against each other. I'm predicting that Fnatic's going to win, obviously not a complete domination. But an eventual win.

Here's the two teams KDA's from the past games.

rGQNgt5.png

gambit.png?itok=FpdTEzuCfnaticlogo.png?itok=1C-vza-C

Anyone else got any other predictions, opinions, or just anything to do with it?

Link to ESports Season 3 site: http://na.lolesports.com/worlds

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Fnatic will start out with a small lead, and then Gambit will roflstomp them. Unless Xpeke carries his team.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Thats not Dota 2.....

You are right, LoL is not a dead game like doter

We need our own forum page for League of Legends since it's somewhat popular here.

Guest Brāy   
Guest Brāy

I swear they have a World Championship every week

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Nah, but Worlds is divided into like 7 different dates, groupstage, quarter finals etc etc.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

TSM will win the worlds

They have no chance getting through groupstage, because NA scene is utter shit.

ktbur    9

TSM will never win, NA is complete poop when compared to the korean teams.

Ethanorg    0

Oh man, that was great, especially the part where Darien barely escaped Fnatic.

But Fnatic wins the game.

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

Yep xPeke shut down Alex so hard. Next exciting match wont start until 6 am :(

Ethanorg    0

Yep xPeke shut down Alex so hard. Next exciting match wont start until 6 am :(

Which one would that be?

Guest Wookiebookie   
Guest Wookiebookie

SKTT1 vs. OMG

It's gonna be amazing.

I think the rest of the matches untill then will be quite one sided unless we see some cheese or amazing plays.

Vulcun < Ozone

Fnatic > Mineski

Gambit > Vulcun

Ozone > Mineski

TSM > Lemondogs

GGear.eu < SKTT1

OMG > Lemondogs

TSM > GGear.eu

SKTT1 = OMG

Ethanorg    0

Fnatic have just dominated all of Gambit.

Yeah, it was pretty fun to watch. I think I might tune into the Fnatic vs Mineski if I'm bored to see them against someone else.

Cid    333

I want to rant here so bad, so I'm going to. I've seen my chance and I'm going to take it.

Season 3 has probably shown the most improvement when you compare NA teams to Korean and Chinese teams. EU has really been rocking this year, so there isn't much need to comment on the EU scene. They've adapted the fastest (from what it looks like) to the Korean and Chinese meta, as you can see by looking at group B's standings.

NA has grown a lot from Season 3 compared to how much they had grown from Season 2, mainly because of the LCS. Same goes to EU, but once again, this is an NA scene rant. Take a look at Cloud 9 and see how easily they crushed the NA scene. Cloud 9 uses many different champions compared to other NA teams, like Kennen for example. They play the game extremely objective-based, and in the beginning of Season 3, a lot of teams were very surprised with how well coordinated Cloud 9 was and how easily they got stomped by their objective-based game. Cloud 9 is REALLY good when it comes to dragon fights and securing dragon as well as taking advantage of another teams mistakes. Korean teams are very good at all of those things as well.

Lemon (C9's support) made a very informative blog post about something they like to call the World Meta. You can read up on it here if you would like to. TL;DR for the blog post: Teams have access to watch other teams play(including foreign teams)and use certain strategies, which are then fused with the current regions meta. This is the World Meta. Once again this World Meta is going to change, as you could tell people are really picking up on 3v1 diving early game, deep lane wards at level 1, different level 1 strategies, plenty of different champions, etc. Cloud 9 was really the first team to really research the depth of the Korean meta and they fused the things they learned with the current NA meta. That's what made them really dominant. With Season 4 coming up, I think a lot more NA teams will pick up on other strats from all across the world. Will Cloud 9 crush the NA scene again next season? IMO, no I don't think so. The NA scene is learning and the NA meta is going to catch up really fast with other metas from around the world. Season 4 is going to be great because of this and the World Championships have already shown that with not only NA teams, but all of the other teams competing as well.

I expect to see TSM, CLG, and Cloud 9 really fighting for 1st in Season 4 and I think next World Championship is going to be even better than this one. I feel we'll see a lot more NA finally get to shine and prove themselves as a region to fear.

/endrant

Undead    246

I'm not really sure who is gonna win this one. I'm hoping for C9 but i'm thinking Fnatic might grab it. Overall I think that either OMG or Sk are the favorites for the total win.