Server time: 2017-08-18, 01:30

Sign in to follow this  
Trasig

Remove all skins that hide backpacks.

Trasig    0

Theres a huge problem with having skins that hide backpacks OR have skinned backpags on them when you rob people.

Its hard to know who has dropped their backpacks or not.

(gotta run, ill go deeper about this later)

Trasig    0

Really quick answer, i gotta run like NOW really.

But the issue is this:

A: Victim has dropped his backpack, but his skin still has a backpack and he gets gunned down due to a bad skin.

B: Victim has not dropped his backpack and is lying about it, robber could shoot him as he runs away but he's afraid he's shooting an innocent.

Real life we'd all see INSTANTLY if there was a backpack big enough for hiding a rifle or a weapon.

GlitchyV2    0

HOW ABOUT NO?

noone is removing my guirella commander 2!

Nor my Guerilla Commander 1 >:(

Seriously, you can just check if they have one on them, and the user of the skin needs to RP it anyways!

But the skinned backpacks are a problem

the point i think is that its kind of "immersion breaking" to see a handful of survivors who look like they dont have backpacks but actually do but their clothes dont let the game show the backpack......

------

hey you drop you backpack

i dont have one(lie)

oh okay

--------

those that dont see that broken are those who exploit grey areas.

its broken but the dev team cant make all the skins perfect, to remove the ones that are bugged would cause more "copy cat" problems

Flame    0

the point i think is that its kind of "immersion breaking" to see a handful of survivors who look like they dont have backpacks but actually do but their clothes dont let the game show the backpack......

------

hey you drop you backpack

i dont have one(lie)

oh okay

--------

those that dont see that broken are those who exploit grey areas.

its broken but the dev team cant make all the skins perfect, to remove the ones that are bugged would cause more "copy cat" problems

You can always roleplay it out though... if they say they don't have one, then just say something along the lines of "Then you won't mind being searched incase you are hiding it under your jacket?", in which if he is hesitant then chances are he has one and you can take it from there.

So instead of backpacks people have extra big pockets? i mean sure you could roleplay it out and run the mans/womans pockets but i mean you shouldnt have to it should be as plain as day that someones wearing a backpack.

its a good suggestion though i suppose.

lets say you get 3 people to drop their shit, one guy has a skin that wont show his bag, so you come out of hiding to look through the gear, the bugged skinned man pulls out a third gun before you even see and kills you.

where was he hiding that ak47 in his anus?

he should of dropped his backpack like told so but he took his chances that youd beleive he REALLY doesnt.

GlitchyV2    0

Exactly what Flame said, and the skins are kot bugged, they are skins from the base ArmA 2 game, and backpacks came in OA...

"Then you won't mind being searched incase you are hiding it under your jacket?", in which if he is hesitant then chances are he has one and you can take it from there.

whats to stop him from pullin an AK out of his backpack(that you cant see) before you even get close enough to do that

you cant report him. theres no rules being broken.

just merely helping a man state his point and giving my own insight, i dont think skins need to be removed per say but fixed,

or :trollface: remove all the backpacks.

Mockingjay    0

"Then you won't mind being searched incase you are hiding it under your jacket?", in which if he is hesitant then chances are he has one and you can take it from there.

whats to stop him from pullin an AK out of his backpack(that you cant see) before you even get close enough to do that

you cant report him. theres no rules being broken.

just merely helping a man state his point and giving my own insight, i dont think skins need to be removed per say but fixed,

or :trollface: remove all the backpacks.

but by the time he pulls the weapon out you could shoot or injure him because of how long it takes?

I do agree that they should of fixed this problem though

Goz    2

thatisnotgoingtohappen.gif

List for reasons why it won't happen is so long that I don't have time to get in details.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

No, too many skins dont show packs and we dont want to lose them.

If you are insure if someone has a backpack on simply walk up to them and check.

Daexarayan    0

Really quick answer, i gotta run like NOW really.

But the issue is this:

A: Victim has dropped his backpack, but his skin still has a backpack and he gets gunned down due to a bad skin.

B: Victim has not dropped his backpack and is lying about it, robber could shoot him as he runs away but he's afraid he's shooting an innocent.

Real life we'd all see INSTANTLY if there was a backpack big enough for hiding a rifle or a weapon.

This is the robbers fault, for not paying attention to the pack that is laying on the ground. No one elses, and also for being a gun happy twat with no RP.

Syrell    0

can somebody tell me if the donation US commander skin and the US teamleaderskin has permanent backpacks shown, even that u dont equip a backpack?

Moose    7

can somebody tell me if the donation US commander skin and the US teamleaderskin has permanent backpacks shown, even that u dont equip a backpack?

US team leader dont show any backpack. I dont know about US commander though.

Deserath    0

I really don't see it as a big problem, it's very easy to check if they do or don't have a backpack.

Frayzies    6

If the grounds for removing these skins were founded on the idea that they are "immersion breaking" than we would in turn be obligated to remove everything else that is potentially immersion breaking. By this line of thinking the staff would be hypocrites if we didn't enforce the following (none of which will ever be enforced, as it is not what the community wants).

1: Forced First Person View

2: Forced permadeath of a character upon death

3: Forced speaking into direct chat when speaking in-character on a radio to your allies

While it may be seen as immersion breaking to some, if we were to enforce these sorts of rules, it would be game breaking for others. Not to mention all of the skins people donated and received would be removed from their donation exchanges and that's simply not fair.

I can definitely see where you're coming from and the difficulty that may arise from this. The best course of action is to simply be as aware as you possibly can, ask/check if someone is wearing a backpack, and more importantly than anything else, record everything.

It would he unfair and no one will take away my SOBR 2 for I am siorre ^_^

Guest Shākya   
Guest Shākya

I'd have to disagree, by doing this you'd effectively be removing most of the skins people know and love from DayZRP. Like Flame said, just try and role play it out! :P

Sign in to follow this