Server time: 2017-10-20, 06:56
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mers

M79 Grenade Launcher

Mers    0

Add the M79 Grenade Launcher to Stary/Chernogosk tent loot tables and heli wrecks(High Percent Spawn Chance).

I know, sort of a niche item, most people wouldn't even consider using it since M203 HEs are as rare as the dickens, but I think it would be a wonderful addition for certain characters, mostly non-combat ones.

The bulk of the M203 rounds you are going to find are Flares and Smokes, which are, at their base, utility tools, for flagging people down, distracting zombies, taking pictures, or just enjoying the scenery. I personally use the Grenade Launcher on my Radio character for lighting flares for pictures or distracting zeds with smoke.

In my character's backstory, he never really fired a gun, so having this big bulky grenade assault rifle just seems kinda goofy, but having an M79 as a 'Flare Gun' would really make a lot more sense for the character and ultimately mean I have a weapon that isn't as coveted, which is important for me since I play a non-violent character.

Again, niche item, but I think it would be a good addition, thoughts?

Rel    0

HE Grenades are rare, but they aren't that difficult to come across. I'm against the idea of potentially allowing a player to have a semi-auto grenade launcher.

If anything, I believe there is a single shot grenade launcher. I'd be more inclined to allowing that in the mod.

Mers    0

HE Grenades are rare, but they aren't that difficult to come across. I'm against the idea of potentially allowing a player to have a semi-auto grenade launcher.

If anything, I believe there is a single shot grenade launcher. I'd be more inclined to allowing that in the mod.

The M79 is not semi-auto, it is the single shot grenade launcher, Mister Rel! Fire, reload, fire, reload, just like the underbarrel.

Undead    313

M79_afmil.jpg

^da?

Slute    1

I would shit myself in fear if I saw this pointed at me, even if it was just flares.

Undead    313

I would shit myself in fear if I saw this pointed at me, even if it was just flares.

I would to haha. I think this instantly disables a car if you hit it around the wheels yes? I don't really recall if it blows it up in one shot if you hit in the engine block but I don't think so. Could be useful in road block situations or shooting nades through the windows at ravens nest during a raid or something.

Rel    0

The M79 is not semi-auto, it is the single shot grenade launcher, Mister Rel! Fire, reload, fire, reload, just like the underbarrel.

I guess we were referring to the same thing then. For some reason I thought you wanted us to add the M32. Derp :P.

But yeah, as I said, I wouldn't see a problem in it (if it functioned correctly).

Mers    0

M79_afmil.jpg

^da?

Ayup.

I would to haha. I think this instantly disables a car if you hit it around the wheels yes? I don't really recall if it blows it up in one shot if you hit in the engine block but I don't think so. Could be useful in road block situations or shooting nades through the windows at ravens nest during a raid or something.

You can do this sort of thing now, with the underbarrel launchers or with an RPG.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I support the M79! As Mers said, it's shoot-reload-shoot-reload. And since the HEs are rare, and also take space in the pistol ammo/bandages slots, I don't think someone would carry a ton of them.

The semi auto launcher is the M32, with 6 shots before the need to reload. I'd love to see one of those as well, but it'll be too OP, especially if you spent years in ArmA using one of them :D

Mers    0

I guess we were referring to the same thing then. For some reason I thought you wanted us to add the M32. Derp :P.

But yeah, as I said, I wouldn't see a problem in it (if it functioned correctly).

I don't see why not, I played around with it Chernarus Apocalypse, worked wonderful with flares and grenades. And I think it's in the base game data folder, so you can just pull it up easy addition to 1.3!

SweetJoe    390

This would be great, in fact can they just add a flare gun? it could be a pistol. id like that.

Mers    0

This would be great, in fact can they just add a flare gun? it could be a pistol. id like that.

Sadly, there is no flare gun in Arma 2 that I'm aware of, so this is the next best thing!

Dax    116

I'm trying to think of a valid reason for the medics to use this but one escapes me currently, still a nice addition and not OP as its probably less useful than an ak with a gp launcher as it only shoots the nades

+1

Jukki    1

I'm trying to think of a valid reason for the medics to use this but one escapes me currently, still a nice addition and not OP as its probably less useful than an ak with a gp launcher as it only shoots the nades

+1

Shoot flares or smoke?

Dax    116

+1

Shoot flares or smoke?

when I said a valid reason for the medics to have this I meant a reason similar to the .44 antibiotic dispenser kinda thing, but its still too early and my creative juices haven't started to flow yet.

SweetJoe    390

Sadly, there is no flare gun in Arma 2 that I'm aware of, so this is the next best thing!

IM pretty sure there is, and a tazer gun too. both would be nice.

no thank you, i dont see the need for these type of guns.. there are enough comparable explosive weapons in the game. if you want to make it less dayz rp and more arma, then go ahead.