Server time: 2017-10-19, 03:29
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
TL140

DayZRP is getting just as bad as regular servers.

TL140    0

When i first joined, DayZRP was quite enjoyable. i met great and amazing people. I heard stories that hit my heart. I felt like this was the perfect game mode and it really grew on me super fast.

in the past few weeks, things have been declining. I have been initiated on multiple times in such a short time frame. Today, in the past 4 hours, i have been robbed 5 times. I was even robbed when I was a freshspawn for my painkillers and bandage by a guy who had a M4 Masterkey and what looked to be a coyote backpack..

I have got little to no RP now. It has got to the point where im almost playing this as regular DayZ, avoiding people as much as possible. Because now, either way I lose my stuff. Its not the fact that the losing my stuff part gets to me. Its the fact that this is called DayZROLEPLAY for a reason. And that reason is what made me love this game mode in the first place. If i lose my stuff due to an ordeal that spans out a decent time and is RPed i would be happy. But just running into people and having them rob you... Its not RP.

As for the title of this, i would consider it worse because with each encounter, you either have to accept that you have a 50% chance to get out alive or you'll give up your things. At least in regular DayZ, you know if you spot someone, you can take them out no questions asked so they wont be an issue for you anymore.

Sorry for the long post.

/rant

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Not sure what the point of this thread is to be honest, and why don't you try not complying or when you get robbed try out role playing them in a way, role play as much as you can in any situation.

Herr    0

Well in regard's to people not RPing probably, record and report, but seriously about the "losing stuff" it's not about the gear.

dave_owns    0

I agree... I've been noticing the increasing amount of KOS, Bad RP, NLR reports lately. It's just retarded.

Alan Woods    3

I can agree with the piss poor RP on robberies nowadays, but remember some of them are still new...

Flame    0

I can say that I have adopted to the avoiding survivors as much as possible now, even though I really want to actually interact with them, as that's what this mod is about, roleplaying with other survivors.

I don't avoid lone survivors as they don't pose as much threat as say a group of 3+ as that's how many you see rolling about nowadays. But I can only do that so many times before I get bored and either log off for the day or just avoid people completely.

Guest rondahonda   
Guest rondahonda

i feel you man

TL140    0

Not sure what the point of this thread is to be honest, and why don't you try not complying or when you get robbed try out role playing them in a way, role play as much as you can in any situation.

The point of this thread is asking a question. Why? Why all the bad RP and refusal to even try. Plus if you really read my post, you would understand i have tried not complying. " you either have to accept that you have a 50% chance to get out alive or you'll give up your things. Ive tried to RP things out. Ive tried beating around the bush to get SOME sort of interaction but no matter what i try, they usually just modify what they originally said to have a reason to kill me if they dont get to rob me. The best interaction ive got is

"Drop your weapon, and dont turn around"

"Havent you noticed we are surrounded by zo-"

"I said fucking drop them now."

"Well before i do can i at least do a little dance with my precious firearm? Sorry, im quite the gun enthusiast and really have grown on this baby. "

*Silence from them*

*I press V repeatedly*

"Haha quite amusing. You have good moves. But they dont do a dead person any good. I warned you to drop your weapons"

*they fire on me killing me almost instantly*

Well in regard's to people not RPing probably, record and report, but seriously about the "losing stuff" it's not about the gear.

I know its not about losing gear. as i stated i dont care that i lose it, its the way i lose it that frustrates me

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

I have seen countless amounts of these threads, all saying the exact same thing, I can't even remember the last time I got robbed, you have to be doing something wrong

TL140    0

I have seen countless amounts of these threads, all saying the exact same thing, I can't even remember the last time I got robbed, you have to be doing something wrong

Please explain your playstyle and hours you play then if you do not mind

Flame    0

I've seen countless amounts of replies such as yours saying that the OP is "doing it wrong". Enlighten us and explain the possibilities that can lead to doing such things 'wrong'.

Shiro    0

I see no problem.

I dont expect you would understand jerry. let me give you a few facts why. you are in a clan with 20+ people for once. You are in on of the biggest elitest group on this server. Open your eyes man

Ethanorg    0

It's how the game works, and robbery's provide RP. Some of the best RP I've had is doing, and being robbed.

Basically

tumblr_limthcd5BD1qfyv11o1_500.gif

PCJames    202

Why do we care what you think, we all have our own opinions and if you want to quit then do it,

Shiro    0

Also for a fact. i fully understand where the op is coming from. I have been playing on this server for over a month now and i have been robbed a few times but mostly Kosed. being robbed 5+ is a lot and like people are stating. What are you doing wrong. I can agree with you for one thing. It needs to be stopt. But i really think it will. Give it time

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Been a while since i was last robbed and i have been running around with a DMR and PKM, just avoid the big cities and the coast, then you will hardly ever get robbed. Also when you see a group of 5+ people avoid them too, most likely a clan out there to do more harm than good.

If people dont like being robbed, dont comply?

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

You could be acting hostile in there eyes, you dont have to run in to the big city's, stick to tree lines, if you look in to the robberies, they may have the rp you are looking for, in my opinion from what i have seen op is mad cause of gear loss.

The amount of these comments are because people cant take the fact they are losing gear, (and seem to believe you would not be stuck up for your belongings in real life)

Check out the Nest, lost of friendly guys there for example.

Get with a group.

Join a clan.

Its not that hard :)

I have been here a fair while now and have got robbed less than 10 times, and have robbed about 2 people

TL140    0

robbery's provide RP. Some of the best RP I've had is doing, and being robbed.

if i had the luck you are having, i wouldnt be making this thread, however piss poor RP needs to be stopped period. In my opinion this whole mod needs to be 18+.

ArmA is a rated M game. This means 17+. not 16+. not saying its ONLY the younger members doing it but since the influx of new members and the amount i see get banned for lying about age and being blacklisted, i have a feeling that its a the majority.

Joeyy    0

I see no problem.

Because people respect you, and you deserve it. Plus, you have power to control RP situations c: !

But for realsies, most of the attention and lack of RP (I joined a few weeks back) in the past couple months has obviously come from PsiSyndicate. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, its just the whole fanboy issue. I admittingly joined after Psi's latest DayZRP series, but I'm glad I avoided the fanboy syndrome bullshit. People think it's fun to rob and get away with it, because they have nothing to lose and there is no Kill on Sight allowed.

In saying that though, I'm glad I joined, as I have met many great people and heard excellent stories of triumph and defeat.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Been a while since i was last robbed and i have been running around with a DMR and PKM, just avoid the big cities and the coast, then you will hardly ever get robbed. Also when you see a group of 5+ people avoid them too, most likely a clan out there to do more harm than good.

If people dont like being robbed, dont comply?

Looks like your on my top rob list

TL140    0

You could be acting hostile in there eyes, you dont have to run in to the big city's, stick to tree lines, if you look in to the robberies, they may have the rp you are looking for, in my opinion from what i have seen op is mad cause of gear loss.

The amount of these comments are because people cant take the fact they are losing gear, (and seem to believe you would not be stuck up for your belongings in real life)

Check out the Nest, lost of friendly guys there for example.

Get with a group.

Join a clan.

Its not that hard :)

I have been here a fair while now and have got robbed less than 10 times, and have robbed about 2 people

As i said i dont give a fuck about gear loss for the third time. If i had top notch gear on me, and got some decent RP, if i died or gave up my stuff i would not complain. I was robbed of satchel charges, grenades, a DMR, NVGS, Range finders, coyote backpack. A lot of good stuff. That happen 2 months ago and i loved it! why? i think it was CLF that robbed me and we had some amazing RP. it lasted a good 30-45 minutes and i left happy IRL. in game my character was pissed but i had no hard feelings about it. And honestly i can say that on my way north is around where i usually get robbed. Ive only been robbed once in a city.

As for meeting people, i usually meet them and they dissapear after about 20 mins of rolling with me. mostly because they need to log off.

Where is the nest at if you dont mind me asking?

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

The Ravens nest is north of gorka, it is where most people go

Joeyy    0

robbery's provide RP. Some of the best RP I've had is doing, and being robbed.

if i had the luck you are having, i wouldnt be making this thread, however piss poor RP needs to be stopped period. In my opinion this whole mod needs to be 18+.

ArmA is a rated M game. This means 17+. not 16+. not saying its ONLY the younger members doing it but since the influx of new members and the amount i see get banned for lying about age and being blacklisted, i have a feeling that its a the majority.

I know at least 2 people who are under the age of 16. :l

Guest Nath   
Guest Nath

I am under 16, there wasn't a whitelist age limit when i joined.